Svirfneblin bugs?

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
katalizer
Noob

Svirfneblin bugs?

Post by katalizer »

my deep gnome cannot see anything during the night.... quite less than my humans chars... is it a bug, or did i missed smthg... 2nd prob is that doc precise that Deep gnomes have -2 Str, and when i played malus was applied to constit... :?
Katalizer
>< Ion F'r from LA
>< Minikata F'r from LA
>< Viniminia F'r from SL

Knightwing4
Looking for group

Post by Knightwing4 »

gnomes naturally have +2 cons, thus if your char says something like +2 int -2 dex, as a gnome, that means that your +2 cons must be cancelled out somehow, and to do that they apply a -2 to cancel out the +2 cons, thus it looks like they took -2 off your cons, because they did, because your subrace doesn't get the cons bonus that gnomes naturally get.

katalizer
Noob

Post by katalizer »

ok, so what is that -2 STR???? :? :?
Katalizer
>< Ion F'r from LA
>< Minikata F'r from LA
>< Viniminia F'r from SL

TGPO
Dungeon Master

Post by TGPO »

Deep Gnome

Also known as Svirfneblin, the Deep Gnomes of the Realms are a secretive, mysterious race. Found in the deepest caverns of the Underdark, the Svirfneblin live in constant fear of slavery or destruction at the hands or Dark Elves, mind flayers, and Duergar. Deep Gnomes are legendary for their ability to handle stone and gems. They have gray skin and gray or white hair.

Favored Class: Wizard
+2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Strength, -4 Charisma
+2 to all saving throws
+2 Hide, +2 Search
Spell Resistance of 10, +4 every 4 levels
Darkvision
+4 AC
Blur 1/day as cast by a Wizard of their character level
Level Adjustment +3

Easily found in the documentation section under playable races.
*Computers are alot like air-conditioners. They work great until you open windows*

katalizer
Noob

Post by katalizer »

damn, not str, i meant constit malus... er... lemme think... :? :? ... :x ...... :? :? :? ...... :evil: :evil:
Er... yep, constit appears in red... and is 2 pts less than what i chose when i created char... but str didnt change... should be the contrary, shouldn't it?
Katalizer
>< Ion F'r from LA
>< Minikata F'r from LA
>< Viniminia F'r from SL

Denort
Looking for group

Post by Denort »

Think of it as taking subrace after race, because you are. Race abilities are handled by NWN itself but subrace abilities are custom and must be applied magically.

So in your case you chose gnome as your race and NWN took care of your +2 Constitution and -2 Strength. You then chose Smurfneblin (they should all be forced to have blue skin) which has +2 Dexterity, +2 Wisdom, -2 Strength, -4 Charisma. These bonuses are instead of standard gnome so you keep the -2 str but the magic (ns4 custom) bonuses must remove your gnomish +2 con since smurfs dont get it. The magic bonuses should also give you -4 cha as well as +2 dex and +2 wis.

On your score sheet you str should look normal, con and cha should be penalised while dex and wis should have a bonus.

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

uhm, actually tehre are quite a few servers that change the actaul stats when u log in and dont use the green/red as u refer to them...
Type post, tab tab enter, wait 4page 2 load, shift+tab tab enter, REPEAT!!!

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

Hey Throst, do those servers happen to use Haks or Overrides? NS doesn't.
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

I think those server could also be using DM's... Too bad ours are busy with other things :(
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

YelloweFriday
Noob

Post by YelloweFriday »

No those servers aren't using haks, try Shadows Aantioch for example.

http://aantioch.benched.net/forums/
---------------------------------------------

Mirs Hache- Fighter of the Last Alliance

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”