I'm putting together a contest

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Garn
Noob

I'm putting together a contest

Post by Garn »

so, I've decided to put together a contest of sorts: here are the details

first, all of the contestants will make soccer characters, and the number of contestants must equal either 16, 32, or 64(as if I'd get 64); I'll probably settle for 16
then, they will split themselves up into two soccer teams, and then go at it in the soccer field after being given a short soccer tutorial
and then, it will be noted which players won, and which players lost

then, the winning team's players will be randomly paired, or perhaps non-randomly paired?, with the losing team's players
then the players will make new characters, which are then leveled up to 20 by a DM and given the non-unique imbued mithril gear of their choices whilst only being allowed to wear that, and then, the tag teams will face each other off, 1 team vs. 1 team at a time in either the colosseum in sleeth, the arena in avendell, or red vs. blue in avendell, until there are only two tag teams left, who for the sake of simplicity will be referred to for this post as team A and team B

at that point, the two members team A and team B who won the soccer game will go to the thunderdome, and then, whoever wins that match gets first prize!
and then, the two members of team A and team B who lost the soccer game will face each other in the thunderdome, and whoever wins that match gets the second prize

and whoever were the last people to lose to the guys who fought in the thunderdome and were also on the winning soccer team will receive the consolation prizes

and I will personally provide the prizes(unless a DM is willing to make them), and I will not participate(except for spectating and handing out the prizes) unless it'd take me participating to get the number of contestants to either 16, 32, or 64

what are the prizes? I've told a few people already, but I'd prefer that you keep your mouths shut; first prize is actually quite valuable... I think it'd be more fun if people don't know what the prizes are until the end, and for all I know a DM would provide even better prizes

I'd like to do it on a Saturday, probably during the 25th of this month at 8:00 P.M. EST or the week after; what do you guys think?
none of this is final, but I will take signups beginning now and until there are 16 signups; you can either post in the thread or PM me in game, though if you forum, PM me I might not notice
once there are 16 signups, additional signups could get in if someone who signed up before you is absent

Garn
Noob

Re: I'm putting together a contest

Post by Garn »

due to a complete lack of interest in this contest from people who aren't me(aka people posting ITT or PMing me for signups), I've decided to call it off
there won't be a contest

MarkusPri
Noob

Re: I'm putting together a contest

Post by MarkusPri »

That's a shame. Seems like some fun could have been had. It's tough to organize these things nowadays it looks like.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”