DM EVENT: Back to School (Tuesday?).

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
DM-Baccob
Newbie Helper

DM EVENT: Back to School (Tuesday?).

Post by DM-Baccob »

Baccob is looking to sponsor a semi regular cooperative event where people can come and get a boot camp experience in a useful build.

I would like as many of you as I can to look over this plan and tell me if you can see anything that needs improving. Reply Direct to me, on forums or in Discord if you would prefer, as I would like to know this actually serves the players before putting in a ton of work.

Here is how I see Back to School (Tuesday) working...
1.) I put out for a brief and deadline for Builders.
2.) Builders direct message me the build they think best fit the brief. *you are welcome to work together but be aware only a Direct Messaged Build is considered for School Master.
3.) There may or may not be feedback on the builds that I am considering depending upon how many I receive and how busy I am.
4.) I select the build that best fills the criteria and has the most game longevity as School Master (this process may involve consultation of other player but the final choice will be mine and final).
5.) I post advise the School Master they have won (but the identity will be kept confidential).
6.) School Master and I select and lock in a School Date and Time (currently penciled in for hopefully the same time as EPW but on Tuesdays and not every week).
6.) I post the level 1 requirements for students and confirmed event time.
6.) Any player who wants to learn how to make a Character of that build should create a level 1 character as per the posted requirements in advance.
7.) When School Day arrives Master and Students will be moved to a Neutral location and School starts.
8.) things happen
9.) At each and every level up the School master will reveal all the steps of that level up, students should follow the steps (or drop out).
10.) Students Graduate at an undisclosed but predetermined stage (likely 25-35 have to see how it plays out).
11.) Graduate Students are presented with a set of basic gear that will let them continue (think Golden Mithral, or Imbued Adamantite).
12.) A School Master who gets one or more Students to Graduation will receive a Book of there choice for the efforts.
13.) The full level 40 build will be posted to the forums for people to complete, or build in there own time.

By entering a build the school master agrees to be able to stay online for a full reset of 4 hours (which we may or may not use all of).
The initial intent here is to help out some of our newer folks with some strong team builds therefore initial briefs will focus on things that must be able to be built in any faction and at ecl 0 with no books, if this format proves to be a successful format for enjoying the NS4 experience I have no doubt it can be opened up to more restricted builds, advanced races, and maybe even book requirements.

DM-Baccob
Newbie Helper

Re: DM EVENT: Back to School (Tuesday?).

Post by DM-Baccob »

After some community feedback the event has been modified. watch the forums for more.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”