European Planar Weekend

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Tarias
Noob

European Planar Weekend

Post by Tarias »

The European Planar Weekend is a weekly level 35+ event modeled after the successful Epic Planar Wednesday that Ajantis has been running for years. As someone living in Western Europe, these events always took place at 02:00 (2 AM for the 12h folks) my time, and I was rarely able to attend. Eventually I gave in, and decided that if I was annoyed at not being able to attend, I should just organize an event at a time that suited me better. While I named it EUPW, the time should hopefully also be more convenient for Australian and Chinese players, and perhaps a few NA night owls who don't have time on Wednesdays.

People join these events with mixed goals. Some come for loot, some come to level, and some come just because they enjoy playing the events. These are all great reasons, but do keep in mind that a trip to Tu'narath or Celestia might not be the best time to level your Monk/SD or various other PvP toons with little PvM impact. So when visiting a challenging plane, or when we just have a small group, please do bring one of your strongest PvM toons. Another consideration one should make when selecting their build for these Epic events, is it's reliance on a summoned creature. Our adventuring parties are hopefully large and meat-shields aren't generally necessary. A single lapse in control of a summoned creature can, and often does result in disastrous consequences. Unless you have 30 Palemaster levels, it's probably best to keep your pets at home.

Players that need to leave during EUPW will not get to have someone roll for their loot at the end of the night's run. Instead they will automatically have a roll of 1, the second person to leave will have an automatic roll of 2, the third person.... etc if someone volunteers to chose for them. However, if you participate in the night's epic planar run in it's entirety, you will automatically have a roll priority higher than those who were unable to continue to it's completion. (i.e. if you roll a 1 and the person who left has an automatic roll of 2, you will pick first). Additionally, they will not be able to pick twice if loot exists to continue back up the roll sequence.

It's been over two weeks of successful epic planar runs with fairly little drama, and I really appreciate everyone participating in what has been, and I hope to be, a continuing tradition. Look here for updates, and each week's European Planar Weekend event location.

This week:

Saturday 10:00 (10:00 AM) CET (Amsterdam/Paris/Barcelona)
Saturday 20:00 (8:00 PM) AEDT (Sydney)

Saturday 09:00 (9:00 AM) UTC
Saturday 16:00 (5:00 PM) CST (Beijing)
Saturday 09:00 (9:00 AM) GMT (London)
Saturday 04:00 (5:00 AM) EST (New York)
Saturday 01:00 (2:00 AM) PST (Los Angeles)
Saturday 02:00 (3:00 AM) MST (Calgary)
Saturday 22:00 (10:00 PM) NZDT (Auckland)

-
Last edited by Tarias on Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:56 am, edited 42 times in total.

Tarias
Noob

Re: European Planar Weekend

Post by Tarias »

No destination this week, as I've decided to put EUPW on hold indefinately. When I started EUPW, I was still in university and I had a lot more time to play than I do now. In addition, Ogami was almost always around to join, which meant that even if no one else showed up, we could just go do whatever epic plane we wanted together. Recently however, attendance has been low and several weekends have been missed. These issues are probably related, if people don't want to have to check the forums. If they cannot rely on EUPW always happening, they are less likely to show up. (Un)fortunately I have a full-time job now, and I often just don't have time to dedicate my entire saturday morning to games. When I do decide to prioritize the game over other things, sometimes we don't even get to really do a planar run because not enough people were on. Anyways, if I do get more time again in the future, I might try to restart this, or try to look at switching it to a time that is more convenient, and doesn't require sacrificing so much of the weekend. For now I'd like to thank everyone who has joined the EUPW in the past, it was always a great time!

Please refrain from commenting on this thread, reserving it only for each week's EUPW destination declaration only, instead use the EUPW discussion thread located in the General NS4 Discussion.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”