European Planar Weekend Discussion Thread

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Tarias
Noob

European Planar Weekend Discussion Thread

Post by Tarias »

Hey everyone!

For as long as I've been playing on this server, the EPW has been steadily going every week with good turnout. Unfortunately the time makes it very difficult for the European folks to attend. The idea, however, is great, and I'd love to have something similar aimed more towards the European (and perhaps Australian) audience.

So I'm going to try to organize it! Mining has indicated he would be willing to provide assistance/support provided we'd be done at a reasonable Australian time. I think an epic planar saturday morning at around 10:00 CEST (08:00 GMT), once or twice a month would be great. However an event like this would obviously need some attendance, so I'm making this post mostly to gather some feedback. Would this time work for you (The European/Australian player)? Would you prefer other another time? Would you even like to join these events at all? Let me know!

Wichsan
Noob

Re: European Planar Weekend

Post by Wichsan »

Count me in !

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

This will be on in something like 14 or 15h. Hopefully see everyone there.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

On soon!
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

And what a success it has been! Elysium and before a bit Dragon Eyrie have been raided. With the generous contribution of Mining, it can be said that nobody went home with empty hands.

The comment on the picture is from Mining himself :).
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

I was waiting to see a date for this, I would have attended. Mining said '14 or 15h', I thought he meant the HOUR (timezone conversion).

Sad to see that much loot for 8 people.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Tarias
Noob

Post by Tarias »

The turnout was very nice for a first time, overall I thought it was a great success. I'd love for this to be a weekly thing, but obviously there will be weekends where I have other commitments. I'm aiming to at least hit every other week though. While a few of the players that joined are EPW veterans, I believe we also succeeded in bringing some of the EPW magic to the people who can't attend those events. There obviously won't be this much loot on a weekly basis, but EPW has been regularly handing out nice loot for years, and some people have never been able to attend! :)

Some of the highlights were:
  • -A near wipe to the second group of komodos we encountered, which consisted of, among others, 3 sneaks which completely destroyed our party, which had been standing around for so long that the UEF had worn off.

-Piles of shine loot guarded by even bigger piles of traps.

-A very rich monster dropping 100 million gold!

-A very smooth Pelor kill with the help of 150 darkness scrolls, which I thought was very impressive given the relatively small size of our group. Mining only resurrected 3 or 4 people, and I think we'd have been fine even without!
Next week I'll try to organize something again around the same time for now (1000 CEST, 0800GMT), although I'm not sure Mining will be available again then. Either way we should have a good time. For later events if it turns out that a few hours later would be more convenient, the times might chance, but for now it seemed okay.

Finally a shot of the group after we got Pelor. Notice that there aren't THAT many bloodspots!

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Only 19 splats :(

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

And only 12.5M gp each. Those were some expensive splats. (I'm a little bitter about this in case you can't tell, after considering all the years/hours of EPW and the fact that I've never had more than 4M gp and change on my mules combined after like 10 years.)

I'm glad you all had a good time and I hope you continue, but that loot is ridiculously out of line. Are those all books at the top of the Cranston screenshot?
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Yes, it was a lot of loot. And even the gold was out of line. But it won't happen again. At least not for some time.

All in all it is not too much compared to all the loot that came together on the other runs. Torm has been very generous on those US runs too.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Nyeleni wrote:Yes, it was a lot of loot. And even the gold was out of line. But it won't happen again. At least not for some time..
You have to work on your sales pitch, Nye, if you want participation. "Who KNOWS what could happen NEXT week - The last SuperBall was at 100M!"
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Tarias
Noob

Post by Tarias »

Coming Saturday (July 22), at around 10:00 CEST (08:00 GMT), we'll be going on the second EUWP adventure. This time we will head into the Negative Energy Plane to kill the black lord, and then try our hand at Abyss. If our group is strong enough we will try some of the bosses, but otherwise we'll just clear some of the regular mobs and try to get some sweet loot/exp.

We'll gather up in Frostdale, see you then!

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

After this week, I'd like to see this thread move to a similar format as Aj pioneered for the EPW stuff.

Tarias
Noob

Post by Tarias »

Had a great run again. Breezed through both neg and abyss with a nice group, and downed all the bosses with relative ease.

Because there were some complaints about the gold given out last time, there was unfortunately no 100m GP this time around.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”