Dual Logging on one PC

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
.:Wade:.
Noob

Dual Logging on one PC

Post by .:Wade:. »

I have had people ask me how I do log and when I tell them I dual log on one pc they are like HOW?? I have only 2 people I have told about how to do this now I am sharing it... I am sure you can just google it but the files you need is not on the internet anymore the server shut down that had it.. the files you need I have uploaded for you link at the bottom.

Step 1.So first this to do is look at your hardware.
Are you going to be able to run 2 nwn at once?
If you think "yes I can!" then you are good to go on the first step
If you cant well I don't know if its worth spending a fortune just to play 2 nwn...
Also! you will need a chunk of your hard disk space and another set of cd keys to do this
and internet wise... you need to know you have a fast enough connection to do this.
but you should I did it on hughesnet!

Ok. Step 2..
Get the zip I uploaded (its only 116 kb) and put the files it contains into your nwn main directory.

Step 3.
COPY YOU NWN FOLDER!! the whole game and paste it right under it like mine it says "NWN-Copy"
this is probably the longest part.

Step 4.
Now go into your nwn configuration file and look for "[Display Options]" under it should be AllowWindowedMode=1 if you don't have that type it right under "[Display Options]"

Step 5.
This is the part where you go into the nwnpreload configuration file and put the allowmultipleinstances=0
and put it to 1 but my files has that ready for you already..

Step 6.
Delete the nwncdkey configuration file... and start the game and put the other cd keys in there

Step 7.
To not cause lag or anything go to nwnplayer configuration and look for client port.. chage that.
mine are 6231 and 6238 just put in something in the 6000's is what I did

Step 8.
This is for Win 7 users so they don't get errors on start-ups. You WILL still get crashes on start-ups but don't worry its normal just start it back up.

Step 9.
this is easy part.... have your main copy of nwn run on nwmain.exe have the other copy run on nwpreload.exe start them one at a time. Once you get to main menu you can make it windows there.(Alt+Enter)

Step 10.
Enjoy! You are now dual logging without having to have 2 loud computers running and if you can handle more than 2 nwn go for 3 just do the steps above again!

enjoy everyone! :D :twisted: :D :twisted:

this is what it looks like

http://www.mediafire.com/download/5swm0 ... reload.zip

BTW DUAL LOGGING IN PVP IS AGAINST THE RULES!!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T DO IT!

Noob

Re: Dual Logging on one PC

This is me and my little sister leveling in Dwarfs with our 37's and my 40 cleric us ourselves took out the whole halls of Dwarfs I found it amazing :D

-MoK-
Noob

Post by -MoK- »

Did all of the above steps. Can get both boxes running nwn with no worries. The issue i'm having is that NS4 boots my second box when i try to log a character in.

Any ideas?

EDIT:
Further tests reveal that its not the box, it might be the CD keys? Which are brand new today which is odd.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

You cant have 2 characters from the same account on at the same time.
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Noob

-MoK-,
your toon is booting because you have it on the main cd key
just type /disablesecurity on the main cd key and it will make it to where you can log it on to the other. And yes you need 2 accounts.

Noob

Ok have had word and seen it live in action myself of people abusing the dual logging powers that I have posted above.. I have posted the steps above for you to be able to dual log yes. But its for pve purposes only and dual logging while pvp is a bannable offence. I have warned a couple of furies about dual logging while pvping and told them that it was against the rules I EVEN PUT IT IN BOLD PRINT ON MY POST.
So I am here to tell you please stop or taking names is what will start happening.

like I said THIS IS ONLY FOR PVE PURPOSES ONLY!

Thank You for reading this and please don't dual log and pvp I was kind enough to let you be able to dual log but I will not tolerate it being abused.

-Wade

DM ~Etho~
Drinking and DMing

Post by DM ~Etho~ »

I guess it's fair to say, you've been warned.
Hanseath ~The Bearded One~
Dwarven god of War, Carousing, and Alcohol
=====================================

Delisha Zrazorian
Newbie Helper

Post by Delisha Zrazorian »

I have warned a couple of furies about dual logging while pvping and told them that it was against the rules
ahh... thanks... must be some of our new members...

We growing so fast it's hard to keep up with everybody... :?

at your service,
:twisted:
My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find 'em, kill 'em!

Noob

Well... we have heard of triple logging and dual logging but I introduce to you... drum roll please!.....

PENTUPLE LOGGING!!!

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

.:Wade:. wrote:Well... we have heard of triple logging and dual logging but I introduce to you... drum roll please!.....

PENTUPLE LOGGING!!!

Meh, before one of my screens went down I would run 8 around...

PS : Its not fun
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Noob

thats pretty cool but probably hard to control

alena
Pk Bait

Post by alena »

I am getting ghost image of my toon & others in the NWN folder copy ( no problem at all playing using the NWN folder). Any idea what I missed? It seems to play ok otherwise, I have only tried 2 toons at once.

Thx

Problem was solved by turning off a feature in the advanced video features.
Hail the Dead

Sun

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”