General outline for common Pan Quests.

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
DM-Mac-
Looking for group

General outline for common Pan Quests.

Post by DM-Mac- »

Fore knowledge is a good thing and to that end I thought an outline to common quests a good idea. These are quests of the unscheduled types.

Many events are just spur of the moment ideas, usually based on something happening on the server at that time.

But I have grown fond of a couple of specific quest types. I have listed them below and will add to the list as new gems pop up.

"Hold the Line" Is an XP event of defense with specific level range. To begin everyone in the level range groups up and heads to the starting point to await further details. As the event starts, the group is given instructions as where, what and why they will be defending. The line your holding might be a river bed, a bridge, a hill top, etc. Important part is to Hold that Line, do not go any further past it than you might need to kill a ranged attacker. Once dead return to the line or behind it.

"In Search of" Is an adventure event with some kind of treasure at the end and/or along the way. Players can participate solo or in group/groups. Clues are given as to where their target or first target lies in wait. Further clues are often provided as time passes and the searchers start to narrow down the possible hiding places. These events usually end up in one group in order to defeat the challenges (your targets do give up their treasure willingly) or to share clues each found along the way. Server knowledge helps in these quests, but the quests will also provide new players some of that valuable information.

"Scavenger Hunt" This one is pretty simple, a character or group of characters are charged with finding and returning with a list provided. Commons lists: The dragon parts needed to enter DE, random basic items like clothes pin, acid flask, gold ball, etc. Or similar quests into more difficult places, depending on the level range of event, if there is one. Important rule here is that all items must come from fresh spawns, nothing from current inventory.

Use this thread to pose questions about the above, offer comments after attending one of the events or to provide ideas for new quest standards.
Pan -God of the Wilds- "I've had so many names, old names, that only the wind and the trees can pronounce."

goodsimphone
Noob

Re: General outline for common Pan Quests.

Post by goodsimphone »

Once dead return to the line or behind it.
gclub online

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”