When are we going to lower the Boss's

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Ryddwillow
Spamalot

When are we going to lower the Boss's

Post by Ryddwillow »

When are we going to start playing PVP? Not this 20 ppl in a party crap? Let the game end where it began. Maybe you DM's will log on more often?

The stick in the arse will only last for so long, what doo you have to lose for a 10 year old game?

Lower the creature level to obtain more players, to obtain a more money base. Same rules, but the one pking at a spawn point you might want to change.

What do you have to lose?

This is a PVP server right?

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: When are we going to lower the Boss's

Post by mining »

In the words of Lokey (paraphrasing): "This is a do what you like that doesn't involve being a dick server"
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

mining wrote:In the words of Lokey (paraphrasing): "This is a do what you like that doesn't involve being a dick server"
and dont name a toon "Ben Dover".

lolz (fits too well with the dick jokes)
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Post by Ryddwillow »

In the words of Lokey (paraphrasing): "This is a do what you like that doesn't involve being a dick server"
LoL, coming from someone who hardly plays and understands the game. I must be discreet to answer this tic for tac. For there are any servers around that serve anymore. They are gone "Poof", gone. Apparently Lokey runs the server and is never here? When the server first came on board was it a "dick server" then? Were you both even here? I thought not. How do you know what is what like when you quote from someone that is never here and barely played this server. See how small minded people can be, think out side the box for once and understand that donations here are appreciated. :D Have a blessed day.

You're entitled to an opinion , still doesn't make you right. It's been that way for 7 years with no complaints. Because you lokey and korr got together and had a meta-mindstorm about it and relized you could change something that didn't need changing. Boo-urns.
This is not PnP . The change has a severe adverse to viable pvp builds, which apparantly in most of your 'nerfs' you do not take into account. There is no arguing this point.

Listen to your players guys or you gonna lose them
Simple answer should be still self sufficient for this server. The pillar of Pride in oneself is a terrible thing to be, because when the pillar shakes and falls you will understand that the ground below you is not stable. The players make this game period.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Yes, hence you can do what you like provided you're not being a dick, lol. Its kind of always been the deal - maybe your standards of dickiness are lower than mine or something.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

actually, Lokey wrote/helped with some of the basic code NS was built with. Not the best work, but it was the best they could do at the time with the limited amount of hacks ppl had made into this game.

I'm pretty sure he's been around longer than anyone on this server, like...ns2 or something.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Yah, end of NS2, though I'd stopped by when it was only the arena and NS back in the distant past.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

There's a lot of "good old days" talk on the forums here... and main thing that was good back in the day was the # of players. I think the quality of the subraces, maps, gear, balancing, stability, etc. of the server has primarily increased over time.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

nagaguard
Pk Bait

Post by nagaguard »

I've been playing since 2008, so post beta and after the server wipe in 2006ish.

I like where the game stands right now. The whole "server party 20 people in group" thing only happens one night a week. All other times relics are going back and forth. This is satisfactory in my opinion. During 4 hours out of the whole week we get to relax and shoot-the-s**t with old timers from all the other factions. This gives everyone, new and old, a chance to socialize with off-faction PvPers who would otherwise be killing them the rest of the week. Though this is a PvP server, the "do what u like, but no griefing" rules incentivizes players of all inclinations. The fact that we are free to choose to PvP or PvM without some directive pushing us toward one over the other is a huge bonus for people who are still making up their mind on staying or leaving.

High end gear should be reserved for a well coordinated party with premeditation, not something you can just pound out with a spontaneous lfp. If you take this away, you do away with a PvM aspect that many of us have been enjoying over the past few years.

If you want to create attractive incentives for new players, then lowering the annoyances of 1-35 leveling and gear acquisition would be a good start. But the big baddies (G1, Tu'Narath bosses, Celestia bosses, etc), those guys are just fine where they are. There are many non-epic areas that are begging for CR revamps and tweaks (ie the elemental planes). Areas such as those, where bosses hold level 30 gear, could be tweaked in xp, difficulty, and overall "annoyance" factor of particular mobs reduced (ie earth guardian: mords, dispels, heals, all uncounterable) to encourage players to attempt the plane and boss encounters more often. I can't count how many times I've heard, "Acolyte, haha not worth the trouble" or "Lord of the Flames, drop is gimmicky, and haha not worth the trouble" or "skip the guardians, don't want to keep rebuffing every five minutes".

As far as making more incentives for participating in PvP, yea we are due for some DM sponsored PvP events.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

be aware...ns3.5 is a pve server with some very high end magic gear.

i can solo ever boss/gear drop in that entire server with a single char. get a couple of us and we can farm bags of gear all day every day. ask DM Sun or Fang...both have seen my farming and both have tried to stop me, not even 50 black phoenix's can do it :)

going one way or the other doesnt make the server better, it just makes them one way or the other.
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Post by Ryddwillow »

Yes, hence you can do what you like provided you're not being a dick, lol. Its kind of always been the deal - maybe your standards of dickiness are lower than mine or something.
I can take alot of abuse, so be it. Answers to question I propose involve Dick and Jane body parts when minors read these forums and the position you are in I find offenses , but that is me. I thought this was a family oriented server? If you wanted to tell via email, or tell so be it, 10 years I had not used that language on these forums. Arse? every little kid used that name, heh mostly in a funny situation for any that have kids. If you want to say i am a jerk go for it, peace on to you, it is your will and not mine.

But the old Neil Young song, "it is better to burn out then fade away" Sounds like this server responses. :(

Enjoy reflections

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

I also have regrets that there were things left for Bril to ruin.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

DM Sun Tzu
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Sun Tzu »

LoL, there were more than 50 Tep - I filled the room with them.

It was a fun fight - I still do events like that on occasion - there are 3-4 players with toons that basically can't be killed - everyone else is toast.

:twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
DM Sun Tzu

"to subjugate the enemy's army without doing battle is the highest of excellence."

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

DM Sun Tzu wrote:LoL, there were more than 50 Tep - I filled the room with them.

It was a fun fight - I still do events like that on occasion - there are 3-4 players with toons that basically can't be killed - everyone else is toast.

:twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :twisted:
yeah, lokey, mining, and I taught some of your players what DR/DI actually means and how to use it more effectively. the farm fest started shortly after that :)
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Meh, judging by which equip the guildies steal off our characters, they didn't learn anything. (There's at least a few other people who have built unkillables around ns3, and unkillable isn't _that_ hard even now, it's just combining it with something that doesn't take all day to kill things. Granted unkillable was a lot easier when the Divine Robes were crazy good with no class restrictions.)

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”