Epic Planar Wednesday! May 20th (21st)

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Ajantis.
Spamalot

Epic Planar Wednesday! May 20th (21st)

Post by Ajantis. »

I'm creating a post here informing on each week's Epic Planar Run. This is a weekly event open to anyone (in all factions) who is lvl 35+.

Having said that, there is also a couple points I want to make about Epic Wednesday adventures. The inspiration for this came when there was a desire to go after high value treasure that needed a coordinated party to be assembled, that generally wasn't done during other farming or more common leveling grinds, where the main bosses are often passed by due to their difficulty.

The goal is to bring you're best builds for a successful run and hopefully leave with valued loot. What does that mean? In general, we should bring our best equipped, and strongest (often lvl 40) character builds, or which ever class the adventuring party needs. This doesn't necessarily mean one shouldn't bring a build that needs xp, because you're best lvl 40 build may not be appropriate for the plane we're entering or adventuring party we've assembled. It does mean, however, that your monk/shadowdancer is perhaps not the best choice, and even though it may be lvl 36 and you'd like to get it leveled up, perhaps a lvl 40 cleric or weaponmaster would be more desirous. Save your pvp builds to be grinded out on another day's run in DE (or where ever). This is a PvM weekly event.

Another consideration one should make when selecting their build for Epic Planar Wednesdays, is it's reliance on a summoned creature. Our adventuring parties are large and meat-shields aren't generally necessary. A single lapse in control of a summoned creature can, and often does result in disastrous consequences. Unless you have 30 Palemaster levels, it's probably best to keep your pets at home.

Players that need to leave during EPW will no longer get to have someone roll for their loot at the end of the night's run. Instead they will automatically have a roll of 1, the second person to leave will have an automatic roll of 2, the third person.... etc if someone volunteers to chose for them. However, if you participate in the night's epic planar run in it's entirety, you will automatically have a roll priority higher than those who were unable to continue to it's completion. (i.e. if you roll a 1 and the person who left has an automatic roll of 2, you will pick first). Additionally, they will not be able to pick twice if loot exists to continue back up the roll sequence.

It's been over Seven years of successful epic planar runs with fairly little drama, and I really appreciate everyone participating in what has been, and I hope to be, a continuing tradition. Look here for updates, and each week's Epic Planar Wednesday event location.

This week:

Wednesday 8 PM EST (New York)
Wednesday 5 PM PST (Los Angeles)

(Thursday at 0:00:00 UTC/GMT)
(Thursday at 1:00 AM London)
(Thursday at 2:00 AM Barcelona)
(Thursday at 2:00 AM Rome)
Wednesday at 8:00 PM Santiago
(Thursday at 8:00 AM Beijing)
Wednesday at 6:00 PM Calgary
(Thursday at 12:00 Noon Auckland)
(Thursday at 10:00 AM Sydney)

Demon Web Pits
Last edited by Ajantis. on Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:18 pm, edited 15 times in total.
Temet Nosce

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

Ajantis.
Spamalot

Re: Epic Planar Wednesday! May 20th (21st)

Post by Ajantis. »

Lets meet in the Earth plane at the DWP portal entrance. Remember we'll need a lock picker for the doors here.

Please refrain from commenting on this thread, reserving it only for each week's EPW destination declaration only, instead use the EPW discussion thread located in the General NS4 Discussion.
Temet Nosce

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”