Ode to those not forgoten

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Ode to those not forgoten

Post by Shadowalker »

The other day Twig was talking to an old player returned, and thinking back those many years, of times and players past. Recalling people and personalities that have been part of this world we all so love to escape to.

Starting this thread so that we all may recall and perhaps share the names or exploits of people whom we remember fondly.

In memory of Tasha, a sprited lass with a true dedication to the art of role playing. If you were here, there is no doubt that she is part of your memories.

Tasha's two sided, yet solo conversations over shout and talk alike. Was like a cool breeze in an otherwise scorching heat of pvp conflicts and personal animosities. Ever helpfull to anyone that didnt look down at Tasha for her RP dedication. For a lass that spent nearly all her time fighting the Module on her own, she had a way of becoming part of everyones game day.

Tahsa is one of many I can recall without much thought. Who do you recall with a smile or grin?
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Re: Ode to those not forgoten

Post by LinuxPup »

One of my favorite NS4 moments was just after we opened Celestia and we watched a party get wiped out... Lokey put a tombstone on one of the dead players waiting to get rezed and wrote on it "He lived as he died.... alone."

Also thanks to Zing, for creating the Thunderdome and relic system... he gave a purpose for level 40.

Flailer for creating the first epic planes... also designed the map layout for the Demonweb Pits.

Joran for creating much of base code which NS4 is built on... though I'm not sure if I ever met him.

REDRUM for killing and never speaking.

cely for being one of the backbones of Neversummer (only person in NS I've met in person).

Willow for spamming the forums with idiotic rants... but a good PVPer.

The folks in NC for their roleplaying and general cheery attitude...

The Bikini Bottoms (BB) for sticking to their dwarf ways and kicking [censored] in the underground.

Celorn for being one of the pillars of the Last Alliance, till we locked it up ;)

Kromix who was the first to level to 40 in NS4. Did it by killing the bosses in zons again and again (correct me if I'm wrong?) because there were no epic planes yet.

Mental/Hellraizer... two brothers who were some of the greatest relic raiders/defenders I've seen, and were the cause of many nerfs :)

DeputyDog for starting this game and Lokey for basically being here the entire existence of Neversummer.

I'm not mentioning everyone but I just wanted to get some quick shout outs :)
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Brilhasti/LinuxPup for making the server as damn balanced as it is.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Ajantis.
Spamalot

Post by Ajantis. »

Where's Tep?
Temet Nosce

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Ironically, I made Dwarfhome :) Not to say Flailer didn't do a stupid amount of stuff, but I did a preliminary for Air/Earth/Water/Fire/a few others. Granted he redid almost all of them (water from scratch, most of fire/earth, I lost track of who did what on the left side--though the One Forest schtick would have been one of the most hated things on the server) and plenty of others were involved at the time on the rest of the things it takes to get an area set in the can.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Ajantis. wrote:Where's Tep?
amoenotep (11:38): lol
i'm not dead
yet :)
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

BlkMamba
Wheres the donation box?

Post by BlkMamba »

Sirus was the kst that used the zon bosses to get to 40 with his hipster archer
and i miss tash amounst many others to, not to many people would talk to tash on a regurlar basis
but i alway's found her enjoyable to hang around with

BlkMamba
Wheres the donation box?

Post by BlkMamba »

And Artainis or Metis, however you wish to call her
she was alway's a joy whether a player or a DM

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

TGPO, Metis, lordshelt, DD when he was actually around ;), Yonwe, Flailer, DM Fire who hosted ns3 and Reflections for us, Sparky...they made the server a great place.

those players that used to kill rats to get to lvl 40, because it was easier and the same xp as zons to farm out.

the idealists that gravitated towards the different factions, whose persistance always made the server more fun.

the players who rage quitted in a few days after getting pk'd alot.

the players that stuck it out for years.

they players that rage quit every few months just to come back.

Nemesis, who in the early days of relic wars and faction wars stayed logged into the server for days on end as a deterent, even though he was asleep most of the time.

i think almost every player has had some impact in one way or another on this server, some more than others, and all of you are legends in your own minds.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

BlkMamba
Wheres the donation box?

Post by BlkMamba »

poor jester, just for him YUB!

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

The spam thread ... SPAM!
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Ajantis.
Spamalot

Post by Ajantis. »

Assuming that Vastly will see this thread and name the players I'm immediately thinking of at the moment (in a month or so when he eventually reads this thread) I will pause, and then name some he probably wouldn't think of....

Zing, Poet, Mloki, Ebenezer Grim, Mythri Wolfwood, Malik, TheBestDeception, DM Mentarch/Zaranthys Rivermoon, DM Kim, Sultan.
Temet Nosce

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Post by Ryddwillow »

Banny d and the original slaves, I have her name in my mind, she was a dwarf, then became a okie, then a slave. Then Banny's friend, I forget his name. Then all the Okies which to me started this whole server into a PvP server. The Gimps, the sexy freaks, the trixy' s, ironclads. All brought great memories. Then DD's and SOS ( save our soul), then DM ( forgive me) chase nr? With red rum and original kst. Then the 2 dragon shifters, 1 was a dm later, and other started with a g something.

Kala the dm with zing rescued me from continue PK at respawn point from someone before.

This is from the earlier in the whole game to give respect to all, there is many a single players that never aligned to any a guild, there was a pure monk when dd1 was there and was a shout on forums that he got defeated. Remember the server was new and I was a gasped.

I started out in rk, I knew nothing except player vs computer and I decided to start here. I sucked really bad and leveled my dwarven cleric and got continually pked by the Okies. I looked at the tactics and spells that defeated me and vowed to better myself. I did

Oh, I remember two Okies. Bite me, both I think had Lagners hammer.

Ya, I remember when I saw the head okie wizard guy killing in TC . He was pking bugbears, vermin, etc. it didn't dawn on me until he was rising in levels. He was getting like 15 exp per each. Heh.

Ajantis said where was tep? DD1 founded DD and he was good and so were DD. Okies were less of a guild so new enemies were abound. One great battle in which I was asked to par take was in front of LA. It involved the slaves,( I think it was the slaves) gethmaduke, and t(something). DD was getting swarmed so he asked me and my band of ruffians to aid him and I asked the lads if we should join the fray? We joined and what battle it was where the goblins roam. We managed to pk the slaves but the dragon shifters were a handful. We split up the dragons and pked one and hasted from the other one. What a battle tis was.

DD 1 produce the first pale master with his beastly. Then like 4 months later he was a dm.

Well a nickel's worth of info, good luck and God bless, remember it is a game. :)
Last edited by Ryddwillow on Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Post by Ryddwillow »

Oh, Linux redrum does speak, not much to an extent, but I do think he gave me a sentence or two. He does speak, just trust is more respectful. :?

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Post by Ryddwillow »

Sorry for the 3 rd post. Nemesis did sleep a lot at the post and he actually found a girl friend and left the game. How dare thee ever do this. Hehe.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”