Current development document

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Current development document

Post by mining »

Spells

->Need to just bring everything together, get all spells feeling good to use, and none that are stupid good.
I'm sorting lists by school, because it's convenient

Spell needs rework
Abjuration

-Dispel line ~Tear down. Fully remake
-Breach line ~Tear down. Fully remake
-Stoneskin line ~Rework DR spells.

Conjuration
-Remove Paralysis ~tentatively just change to our 'replacement' for paralysis.
-Neutralize Poison/Remove Disease ~tentatively no change required
-Restore line of spells ~needs better transitions from one line to the next
-Elemental Swarm ~Could use full remake, i.e. an elemental chaos damage bullshit thing.

Divination
-Premonition? ~DR spells rework?

Enchantment
-Hold line of spells to not use paralyze.
-Dominate ~Differentiate line of spells better

Evocation
-Prismatic Spray ~rework paralyze effect to stun.
-Implosion + BBoD? Make AoE but party unfriendly? ~tentatively no change required - but it'd be cool to have as AoE party unfriendly ;).

Illusion
- Fix silence.

Necromancy
-Healing Sting ~Could use a bump - druid only spell, would be cool if it did significant damage and decent healing
-Vampiric Touch ~Could be cool if we bumped it somehow. Maybe do d6(CL) to a max of (10/15/20/30) based on SF in necro, giving half that number in temp HP for 1 minute?

Transmutation
-Blood frenzy? ~Haste for druids? Could soup up, make neater. Druid only.
-Crumble ~Possibly make a druid "IGMS" spell?
-Nature's Balance? ~Tentatively fine, -SR and a bit of damage is nice enough.
-Shapechange? ~Tentatively fine, could maybe use tweaking to be better.

Epic Spells:
-Epic Warding ~DR spells rework.

DR spells rework
-> CL/5 max power reduced?
-> Damage reduced based on spell;5 for SS, 7 for GSS, 10 for Premo
-> Eward 15/+9?

DWD
->[11:10] <@Mining> Yah, strip %immunes, grab stance through events and give offensive bonuses, regen and speed

Shifter
General tidying / nicening up?
Undead could use rework also

Druid
Do something with animal/elemental shapes?

CoT
Disable smite if you're neutral aligned.

Assassin
Figure something out...

PVP:

XP

[combat experience for PVPing with antiexploit measures. Requires a lot of thought]

Stats:
-Run in separate DB to core game stuff?
-Accessible via web interface, I figure
-Store: Killer/Killed faction, name, time. Anything else?
-Add relic capping, perhaps?

Needs a LOT of thought.

No wipe needed or desired.

Please make comments/feedback in another thread, trying to group by topic instead of having a conglomerate.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: Current development document

Post by mining »

Other things worth of note:

As mentioned briefly above, nothing is set in stone, no tenet inviolable (except no paladins in AO ;)).

I'm in the IRC (#neversummer on Gamesurge), http://www.nsrealm.com/public/irc/ will get you there if you don't have an IRC client, for ~12-14 hours a day at the moment, so I'll be available there for any long discussions.

This has been in the works for quite a while. Estimated release is in ~1-2 months, testing (our kryptonite) and time permitting.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Update: Yeah, we're still doing this, just a lot of stuff and a lot of stuff that isn't NS4 related :).

If anyone wants to contribute some stuff - write a new implementation of silence, find a good sceheme for DR spells, and find a good way to do dispel and breach. (if there is a better way than now, which we hope there is.)

Oh, you could also figure out a better spell DC progression than

5 + HD / 2 + (1 if pure) + (stat) + (+1 if specialized) + (2/4/6 spell focuses) if you like.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Update: Updated document with things still under consideration. Removed things either already dealt with or scrapped.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Itchy on being too distinguishing, the x race -> x monster line should work on players too, it's a higher spell level and dc (until we fix that). There's something to be said for mostly following the in game description, optional add-ons to that are fine.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Lokey wrote:Itchy on being too distinguishing, the x race -> x monster line should work on players too, it's a higher spell level and dc (until we fix that). There's something to be said for mostly following the in game description, optional add-ons to that are fine.
This was from either you or Tep :) - I'm happy to not be distinguishing.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”