Divide & Conquer

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Korr
PKer

Divide & Conquer

Post by Korr »

A race (of sorts) to the finish line, The Great Divide!

What prize awaits? A box of planar goodies!

Rules (Booooo!) :
No restrictions on team composition.

3 Characters to a team. I realize a team of three would not fair terribly well on their own... plan accordingly!

The group(s) that are the closest to the great divide MUST kill all monsters on the path. This means groups of level 40 monks wont fare very well. This also means that you cant just run past the group in front of you... because you now become the leaders!

PvP is allowed... dare I say encouraged?

/edit : All members of a group will have to show up to claim the prize.

DMs :
I would appreciate any assistance that could be offered with this event. For example clearing and porting me to the great divide(hah!) would save me a ton of prep work. Also I would like for fallen groups to restart in the nexus, that way certain factions arent at an advantage of being able to bind @ home and enter the nexus directly while others have to travel far distances.

No date set for this event, as some DM assistance will make things run smoother. Any DM willing to assist can PM/post to help work out a schedule when we can run this!
Last edited by Korr on Thu Oct 25, 2012 10:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Daral0085
Newbie Helper

Re: Divide & Conquer

Post by Daral0085 »

The group(s) that are the closest to the great divide MUST kill all monsters on the path.
Considering maps respawn whenever a group leaves, I have no idea how one could identify whether they are "the leader". It sounds like you'd need a DM to go and tell a group if they are leading or not. As a related point, if you have groups going different routes, then I don't see how you could easily determine what group is in the lead.

It seems clearer to me that every group should have to clear the map in front of them, which gives an advantage if a prior group has cleared in front of you but not transitioned yet.

More broadly, I'm assuming this is an abyss to cel or cel to abyss run, requiring transit through all nexus areas? If you allow rushing through Aetheria it would be quite a bit faster and less interesting IMO, but you haven't really stated. Or do you mean simply rushing through cel or abyss to reach the great divide, from the starting point of your choice? In that case, Cel is pretty obviously superior to Abyss (freaking maze) and it's really not that much of a race because Cel can be three-manned pretty easily, though admittedly the PvP aspect makes it more complicated...

Related to fallen groups, I don't understand what you mean by nexus; there are many nexi in Aetheria. Furthermore, if this is a purely planar run, then I don't see why any faction would have an advantage, unless you allow a faction to like, recall and enter through their factional nexus. But in that case, the biggest advantage is for MA/NC who control posi and negi.
Bargeld wrote:It's been shown in past relic events even, if NC actually has a decent amount of players involved, they will win.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

Since there are 2 ways to get to the divide (abyss and celestia) I referred to nexus because players can choose which ever route they want without having to type abyss negi celestia posi every time.

Inside posi and negi to get to abyss/celestia there are different routes that people can take but its usually pretty obvious who is in the lead.

I didnt set a date because it does require some DM assistance as noted above.

At the beginning basically everyone would be in the lead... until one group dies. If youve died you know youre not in the lead, if you havent you can assume you are in the lead. Though negi and posi isnt that bad, all groups will converge on converge in abyss/celestia and it will be real easy to figure out whos leading from there. If you died and were 2 maps in... why would you bother to even try again unless you got lucky and the group in front of you died as well? Being able to run to catch up is what will keep this event faster paced, and incite more PvP.

It is a run to the great divide from an as of yet undecided starting point, though respawns I would like to push to nexus (whichever nexus that holds the are that the group was in before, ie posi/celestia negi/abyss unless they decide to go a different way).

I dont think celestia is obviously at an advantage, but I wont lay out the mapping of both areas here.

ImageImage

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

I'd personally say that the advantage leans towards The Abyss - I'm pretty sure Great Divide is on the first Abyss map.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Yup, the great divide is like 1/3rd of the way into the first abyss map.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Daral0085
Newbie Helper

Post by Daral0085 »

Ah ok. I didn't see it on our latest Abyss run so I assumed it was buried somewhere on the demogorgon ice map. If it's in the first map then that makes it a bit less interesting...
Bargeld wrote:It's been shown in past relic events even, if NC actually has a decent amount of players involved, they will win.

TheEdge
Dungeon Master

Post by TheEdge »

Meh...work out the detailes and i will try and find some free time to help out I guess.....

best to ask questions here about what is possible ahead of time for me to do solo as I cannot promise more help than me....

For instance I will not attempt to monitor multiple maps at once so if a rule is once you are out you have to clear every map untill you get back to the main group that will not work.

second I can always drop a rift point at a specific designated area/map that all can bind close by that will be involved that will spit you out on whatever starting map you want the event to kick off at.. for instance Ave Crossing...ect
Gorm-Fire Eyes

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

TheEdge wrote:Meh...work out the detailes and i will try and find some free time to help out I guess.....

best to ask questions here about what is possible ahead of time for me to do solo as I cannot promise more help than me....

For instance I will not attempt to monitor multiple maps at once so if a rule is once you are out you have to clear every map untill you get back to the main group that will not work.

second I can always drop a rift point at a specific designated area/map that all can bind close by that will be involved that will spit you out on whatever starting map you want the event to kick off at.. for instance Ave Crossing...ect
Im sticking with only the leaders need to clear maps... we can ask players to call out if needed so we can determine their locations and who is in lead.

If time is sparce the minimum I would need is a portal to MA nexus, a portal to NC nexus, and to be dropped in a (cleared) great divide. Anything you would like to do beyond that would be awesome!

ImageImage

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

I'd think do it this way: at least 2 DMs, 2 teams that start on opposite sides of Divorce, goal is to get to the other side first without setting foot in icky Aetheria (plane/nexus travel only, which means you need to tour every plane). I'd think not everyone on a team needs to make it (you know RL and all), and the only thing you specifically have to kill is White or Black Lord unless DMs feel like doing something sexier.

Not sure how long that run would take, I'd think at least an hour.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

Lokey wrote:at least 2 DMs
Thats why I went with what I proposed. A quick setup and then the DM could move on to other things (like RL) and wouldnt have to sit around and baby-sit for me. I could run the basics of it as a player without needing intervention.

ImageImage

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”