Write your own Event!!!

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
TheEdge
Dungeon Master

Write your own Event!!!

Post by TheEdge »

Gonna try something new…

Build your own event!!!

All you soo called RP wizards or peeps that think they got a great idea for a storyline/event of epic proportions this is your chance!!
Dust off your old PNP DM quests/adventures that you always thought would be cool to see in the world of Neversummer4 and tweek them out so that they will fit in our world for a player based event.

If it is within my ability to do with the tools I have as a DM I will host it for you on a future date we will work out later.

Few key notes:
1. I can re-skin, re-name as well as mess with any stats that all of the existing creatures we already have out there but I am not gonna take the time to completely Dev up a brand new char so unless you can convince a mem of our Dev team to do that for you that’s out.
2. I will not be just throwing a huge Balor party so not even worth trying 
3. If you want a story line/scripting for character interaction be sure to write that up as well. I can certainly “wing” it on the spot but will at least need a general flow of events
4. The whole world is open to you so feel free to write it up to take place anywhere or to jump between points as the event progresses it all up to you.

Use this thread to bounce ideas between each other or to ask any needed questions but PM me with your ruft draft or final draft of the event you have in mind for review as the whole thing will be pretty borring if everyone knows what is going to happen ahead of time.

I will review your submitions and pick a winner out of the bunch. The winner of course will have the honor of getting their own creation played out for all to see and be involved in as well as receive a special prize yet to be determined. (bouncing the idea of receiving 1 insta 40 but haven’t made up my mind)
Good luck and have fun!!
Gorm-Fire Eyes

Korr
PKer

Re: Write your own Event!!!

Post by Korr »

Balrog party?
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Haul lumps of coal from one side of The Great Divorce to the other.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

What kind of timeframe were you thinking for the event?

ImageImage

Daltian
Relic Raider

Post by Daltian »

While not straight event based I always wanted to see a zone which has some kind of super low health mobs that run toward people and explode on hit and kill everything on the map. They shouldn't give any xp just be a general annoyance that makes people stay on their toes and shoot them. Make them also DM fast or at least 40 monk fast.
xXenox

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Daltian wrote:While not straight event based I always wanted to see a zone which has some kind of super low health mobs that run toward people and explode on hit and kill everything on the map. They shouldn't give any xp just be a general annoyance that makes people stay on their toes and shoot them. Make them also DM fast or at least 40 monk fast.
brb scripting new avendell guards.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Opie Crimeria
Noob

Post by Opie Crimeria »

Daltian wrote:While not straight event based I always wanted to see a zone which has some kind of super low health mobs that run toward people and explode on hit and kill everything on the map. They shouldn't give any xp just be a general annoyance that makes people stay on their toes and shoot them. Make them also DM fast or at least 40 monk fast.
I always like the two fire 'whatever the name' creature bombs that used to be in the Fire Plane on NS3.5. I can't remember which map. But there would be two creatures that would spawn and run right up to you and explode. I thought it added a bit of ' oh gotta be actually awake and figure out what to do'.

Could have a 'extremely diseased troll' on the mtn, or a something obvious in other areas. What were the type of Draconians in the DragonLance series that exploded upon death?

I like the idea of some type of random spawn in an area . .. have a 'special' creature spawn once a reset or something in an area. Not necesarily a new mini boss; but some thing differnent.

TheEdge
Dungeon Master

Post by TheEdge »

Korr wrote:What kind of timeframe were you thinking for the event?
I'm willing to dedicate at least 4 hours into an ongoing event. If the story line is cool enough i might even streach it out over two days. All depends on what i get and who drafts up the best one.
Gorm-Fire Eyes

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

Murder Mystery !
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

TheEdge wrote:
Korr wrote:What kind of timeframe were you thinking for the event?
I'm willing to dedicate at least 4 hours into an ongoing event. If the story line is cool enough i might even streach it out over two days. All depends on what i get and who drafts up the best one.
Sweet... most of what I drum up isnt just a 2 hour skit lol!

ImageImage

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”