Silence

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Jmana
Noob

Silence

Post by Jmana »

Hey ive got a Duergar Cleric thats lvl 31 and supposed to be immune to silence due to illusion immunity. The immunity works for a little while and then i get silenced and can't cast any spells. this is all without using my improved invis token which also bugs the silence aura. Any help or fix would be greatly appreciated as i deliberately built the toon duergar with the idea of runing around with the silence aura, thanks.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: Silence

Post by mining »

Get a solid repro and I can help, otherwise there's not much I can do given we've already messed around with silence a heap.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

mining wrote:Get a solid repro and I can help, otherwise there's not much I can do given we've already messed around with silence a heap.
Other than "reproduction" I have no idea what mining is saying.

But if he is saying that, Jmana you need to post what conditions your duergar is being silenced under (Even if its just running around... because of hearbeats aasimar sometimes are affected by their -hide aura... and sometimes not). If its after casting a certain spell let us know, or after a certain skill, or whatever.

How does this happen? Please dont just say that it DOES happen (becuase ANYTHING can happen!)
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Jmana
Noob

Post by Jmana »

Well i messed around with it for like almost an hr last night and what happenes is i get the immunity bubble ( Like when someone casts hold person at a planar character) every second or so then nothing and im silenced. It doesnt seem to be related to any spell cast before hand because i cast a bunch of different spells during that hr.

I guess ill try catch u in game mining and you can see it for yourself

Snookz Eaglin
Noob

Post by Snookz Eaglin »

I've had the same problem with my duergar cleric.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Persistent AoE spells are REALLY buggy, but most of the bugs aren't noticeable with many other spells because they ignore spell resist. Silence is one of the few persistent AoE spells with a spell resist check, which is a big reason for all of its problems, on top of it being a mobile AoE.

I'm not sure that I should reveal the methods, but it is possible to manipulate silence to ignore spell resist, spell mantles, and spell immunities entirely. It is very possible that you are performing some of the proper actions to cause silence to ignore your immunity, and once you are silenced, the process can be difficult to reverse. Getting silence to ignore immunities isn't like the konami code either, there are quite a few actions that can cause this bug, and you only have to perform 1 to cause the bug.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Rufio wrote:Persistent AoE spells are REALLY buggy, but most of the bugs aren't noticeable with many other spells because they ignore spell resist. Silence is one of the few persistent AoE spells with a spell resist check, which is a big reason for all of its problems, on top of it being a mobile AoE.

I'm not sure that I should reveal the methods, but it is possible to manipulate silence to ignore spell resist, spell mantles, and spell immunities entirely. It is very possible that you are performing some of the proper actions to cause silence to ignore your immunity, and once you are silenced, the process can be difficult to reverse. Getting silence to ignore immunities isn't like the konami code either, there are quite a few actions that can cause this bug, and you only have to perform 1 to cause the bug.
PM them to me, don't mention on boards :).
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”