Venge log or not ?? that is the question...

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
hond
Looking for group

Venge log or not ?? that is the question...

Post by hond »

here we go...a AO/RK leveling party was in dwarf plaza...a MADD lowby also, killed them on a legal pvp...
After the kills, a RR player log out, log a 40 and go pk the MADD guy...
Doing that with a proper toon is venge logging...
First question is : doing that with second or third account still venge logging ??
Second question is : Team mate logging is venge logging??
Thanks for your opinion...

Snookz Eaglin
Noob

Re: Venge log or not ?? that is the question...

Post by Snookz Eaglin »

From what I've understood of the rules, it is not.

weasel423
Newbie Helper

Post by weasel423 »

teammate logging to avenge the death of another teammate is not venge logging.

logging a second account to avenge a death on your first account is venge logging
[IO] is the way to go!

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb
~Dark Helmet

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

'A' came across a party, killed party. then 'B' relogged to kill 'C' who was in the party that got killed by 'A'?
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

weasel423 wrote:teammate logging to avenge the death of another teammate is not venge logging.
Unless that teamate was in party and proximity of the toon who's death the vengance is sought after.

In other words if the player who reloged was part of the group that encountered the PvP situation in the first place, then they would be venge loging. If the player who relogs is not in the area where pvp occured, then they can relog freely.

Some might ask, what if the player was in the area but didnt join the fight? There is one simple answer, if you wanted a fight, should have come to the aid of your party mate in the first place. :)

These are just my inturpertation when viewed though the 'goggles of fun n fairplay'.
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

Why not just remove this rule all together?

ALL other games with world pvp I've played allow re-venge logging so why does it need to be a rule here anyhow seems like all it creates is bad blood and immature shouts? It'd be hilarious if someone venge logs and then gets killed again and again!

You still have the griefing rules and relic rules for alt-logging to prevent abuse and un-fun/fair gameplay.

(but even these rules start to get hazy since you have times where relics are taken and then where does the defense to offense rule kick in for relogging? once the relics have cleared the front door? cleared the few maps outside the faction zone? once 1 relic is taken? or capped? once all relics are taken out and capped??)
ImageImage

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

It's still meta-gaming which it's the dm's job to beat out of you. If you want to meta, go crash WoW servers.

Sure, there's probably tons of situational facts so that the description above is garbage that could never be unraveled. Absolute rules for every possible situation aren't going to happen except don't play like a douche. This has always been our policy, and it's not going to change; you know where the door is if this isn't acceptable.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

hond
Looking for group

Post by hond »

A kill , B and C....D player in party relogg a 40 and come kill player A

Ex: B player is multi logger... stay on ,with his pked toon, relog on second or third computer and come kill the Pker...is that a venge log ??
- if B player is on a pub account at this moment, how you can know what player is on ?? with multi loggers and pub account is totaly subjective...only if a DM is on, it can be know....and if a DM is on , those situation never happens...

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Damnit, haven't we gone through this enough?

If you want to name and shame or whatever - ok, cool story, do it in shout where people can find you and PK you.

If you want to report someone - screenies / log evidence and to Tep, in a pm.

If you want to clarify a rules thing, but make it clear that you're really trying to name and shame/report, see the first two points.

It's a venge log if:

A) You get killed by a toon, A
B) You use another toon to kill toon B, within 30 minutes.
C) A is clever enough to keep evidence so we actually know if it's a venge log report or just some silly "Multiloggers + public accounts + AORK all hate me and want to kill my children" diatribe on the forums.

I think point C is the most relevant one here.

Oh, and if, say, a CLAD was levelling on the mountain, and Ognib rocks up and starts killing him, it'd be venging for the CLAD to log, but it wouldn't be for Ajantis to come over and lay down the law.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

From the sounds of it a "random RR" relogged to come clear out the MADD, which would be ok.

Though it was written horribly.

P.S. : By random i mean someone NOT involved... like a cry for help from one of the PK'd to another RR logged one doing something else.
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

hond
Looking for group

Post by hond »

P.S. : By random i mean someone NOT involved... like a cry for help from one of the PK'd to another RR logged one doing something else.
Clear...
C) A is clever enough to keep evidence so we actually know if it's a venge log report or just some silly "Multiloggers + public accounts + AORK all hate me and want to kill my children" diatribe on the forums.
Not at all...will try to be clear

i have 2 computer...in 1 of them i running a pub account (no one less a DM can know , who is playing it) i get PKed ...i didn't relog on it, but with my second computer i log my regular account and come venge the PK...
How the hell can you take evidence of that ??

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

hond wrote:
Clear...
Not at all...will try to be clear

i have 2 computer...in 1 of them i running a pub account (no one less a DM can know , who is playing it) i get PKed ...i didn't relog on it, but with my second computer i log my regular account and come venge the PK...
How the hell can you take evidence of that ??
Screenshot the person PKing you say "Hey, I think someone dual logging came and PK'd me" and we'll check the logs / check who made both accounts / just ban them anyway because it's something really obvious like someone running, for example, "douchy1" and "douchy2".
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

hond
Looking for group

Post by hond »

Screenshot the person PKing you say "Hey, I think someone dual logging came and PK'd me" and we'll check the logs / check who made both accounts / just ban them anyway because it's something really obvious like someone running, for example, "douchy1" and "douchy2".
In my exemple the only evidence is a player logging in .... why do you have to take a screenshot each time a player is logging??

just a suggestion...get out ALL the relog rules...venge log and pvp ones...multiloggers are over, those rules and you know it well...With pub account ,who give you a anonimous logging, and multi log, you can ignore all the rules, that unique computer players have to follow....
With those rules out, relics pvp will more tactic and funny and will allow low number of defender, making harder and funnier for raiders...
And avoid many threads, complains and suspicious...

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

You can also just grab a log entry.
I'm sorry, but the rules work pretty well at stopping people from venge logging constantly, if you have an issue with them based on the difficulty of using prt-screen or your log files, then... I don't know what to say.

BlkMamba
Wheres the donation box?

Post by BlkMamba »

There's no way for a player to know who is who, hell, i dont even know who is who 1/2 the time in my own party
and i've logged on several times to get a comment about logging another toon, and this is when i just logged on..
telling me there's still alot of people that have no idea of who is doin what, point is, Hond, if someone really upset you that badly
take note of the name and make him your target, there's really no way for you to know if it was someone dual logging or if it was another player
Politics of this thread is pretty simple and i'm not sure if he even knows the facts was it another player or a dual logger

Mamba...

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”