Make safe abuse...

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
hond
Looking for group

Make safe abuse...

Post by hond »

Seems some players are using makesafe comand in order to drop relic intentionaly WHITHOUT relog...that allow you to defeat the craddle in the row of the previous capture (shorter time to log defence )...it's a pity that a very nice tool like that, made for help players stucked, is used so lamely...i don't know if it's legal or not...but again low spirit...that my opinion...and at least i will know what DM and devs think about that ...

DM_Sultan
Dungeon Master

Re: Make safe abuse...

Post by DM_Sultan »

Personally, I think they should do it and often. Everyone knows abusing the server is a banning offense, so I hope they do it a lot. Then, they will see the wrath of those of us who freely provide so that they can abuse, asking only that you "play nice" - or evil if you are factioned that way.

That is a cute stunt, I hope they do it while I'm standing there. I'd really like to see that. It will probably cost somebody some play time and then we'll pull makesafe out of the programming. I'm sure that is what the intention was.

Sultan
Torm the Loyal Fury

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

eh. I do it. People already do everything they can to drop and transfer relics (mainly relogging)

It doesn't really help to use makesafe to defeat the cradle multiple times because then you have all the relics sitting there out in the open for defenders to easily pick up. What is the point in that? And if the attackers have enough people to carry the relics, then there would be no need to use makesafe to defeat the cradle multiple times in a row in the first place. I don't see how this gives any advantage to the attacker.

Also, you can't use makesafe while in combat, so as long as defenders are present, players can't drop relics in that way.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

hond
Looking for group

Post by hond »

what is the advantage?? with one raider you can empty a craddle whitout relogging...while other raiders are on way...if there is multiple players in craddle, you don't have to do it...first reason: doing like that, you take relic from craddle, drop it ...other player take it with no malus token ( a flagrant exploit )...so you raid with barb and SD..barb capt relic, drop it..and SD have no hide/ms malus...lame...
reason 2: if you drop a relic using relog while craddle attacked, when you log on, your 2 maps away from craddle...for something this scrypt is made...
reason 3 : makesafe is a tool to unstack toons...not for drop relics...in fact makesafe have been modificated, cause some "good spirit players" ,was using the command to hide relics on imposible place, only reachable using make safe ( "stucking" their toon )...personaly, i love the idea of unstuck a toon using the comand...after a long run, having to respawn (if enemy not near) cause ur stuck is very loud...and if you prefer to do it ..up to you...i don't want that comand removed cause some "smart" guys are exploiting it....
and yes, if relics are on floor defender can recapture it...loosing his buffs...and new incomers raiders can take them also ..whitout loosing them...

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

Disconcerting to say the least. I hope the abuse stops :twisted: for the abusers' sakes :P
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

You see, here's the problem with people.

Makesafe was never intended to drop relics.

But then, people were using it to try to take shortcuts with relics. So I removed those maps, and made you drop relics if you used them.

Anyway, people can use makesafe to drop relics as much as they like from now on. I have 0 problem with it. In fact, I'd like it if you veritably spammed it.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Delisha Zrazorian
Newbie Helper

Post by Delisha Zrazorian »

wow :shock:

We too have used this method to drop a relic so friends within the alliance can cap it...

I have trouble getting back in game many times after logging out, so this seems far safer to me...

why is this a problem? either way the relic gets dropped :?

is dropping the relic for someone else to cap unfair?

I will pass the word along to the Fury Guild to stop doing this, as it has become SOP... because we saw nothing wrong with it :roll:

:twisted:
My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find 'em, kill 'em!

hond
Looking for group

Post by hond »

i'm feeling very confused about the response...seems Sultan is against that way of use of the command. Perhaps i don't understand well the english, and my understanding is other..
Mining have no problem with that...
Have we to act differently depending of DM logged??
Or it's an exploit, and this have to stop..or it's not...
Again..why bothering loosing all ur buffs, if you have a toon only dedicated to extract relic from craddle (many times a pure barb), and just have to pick them on floor...If this trick is legal...defenders loose the ventage of the dispell effect of the craddle when capture, and in raiders team, you don't need to rest, and don't loose time rebuffing... many time ur more vulnerable, token includes, instead of fully buffed and no token....

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Again, I reiterate, spam it as you please, use it continuously. I think you should be using it whenever you possibly can.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Delisha Zrazorian
Newbie Helper

Post by Delisha Zrazorian »

Again, I reiterate, spam it as you please, use it continuously. I think you should be using it whenever you possibly can.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :? :? :? :?
My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find 'em, kill 'em!

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

mining wrote:Again, I reiterate, spam it as you please, use it continuously. I think you should be using it whenever you possibly can.
I agree with mining . Those that are doing it should do it more. :twisted:
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Alkapwn wrote:
mining wrote:Again, I reiterate, spam it as you please, use it continuously. I think you should be using it whenever you possibly can.
See, we can all agree.

hond
Looking for group

Post by hond »

problem here is ...my english is basic..so i will not understand irony ....
I'm still not understanding your response...

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

weasel423
Newbie Helper

Post by weasel423 »

Alkapwn wrote:
Well, if Alka agrees, then somebody must be dying :D

What did ya code in there this time, Mining?

edit: also, I am guessing there is a cool down on makesafe? I got stuck yesterday and had to use it, but needed to use it twice. Seemed I had to wait before it worked again.
[IO] is the way to go!

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb
~Dark Helmet

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”