Shifted weapon bonus question

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Rickdawg84
Noob

Shifted weapon bonus question

Post by Rickdawg84 »

Hello All,

Had a question regarding shifted form that have a weapon type. Does my character have to be wielding the weapon type before shifting to get the benefits of the weapon in their shifted form?

For instance....

Elder water elemental form has morningstar as it's weapon type. Do I have to be wielding a morningstar before I shift to get the benefits of the weapon in my shifted form? Or can I be wielding a short sword and the weapon bonuses will carry over to the shifted form's weapon although they are different types?

Thanks for your time.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: Shifted weapon bonus question

Post by mining »

No.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Rickdawg84
Noob

Post by Rickdawg84 »

No, the SS weapon bonus will not carry over to the water elemental form?

Thanks

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

No to 'Do I have to be wielding a morningstar before I shift to get the benefits of the weapon in my shifted form?'
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

elovrich
Noob

Post by elovrich »

AFAIK NONE of the attributes of the weapon you have armed when you shift are carried over

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

elovrich wrote:AFAIK NONE of the attributes of the weapon you have armed when you shift are carried over
Its very different on NS4. http://www.nsrealm.com/ns4wiki/index.ph ... ting_Guide.

Eldaquen
Newbie Helper

Post by Eldaquen »

Most forms in NS4 receive your equiped weapons attributes when shift to a form. There are a few that don't; dragon form for example. Refer to change log page 16 for the list of forms. The list indicates which form has a shifted weapon that attributes transfer to and the ones that don't.
Murphy's Law:
Nothing is as easy as it looks.
Everything takes longer than you expect.
And if anything can go wrong,
It will, at the worst possible moment.

Rickdawg84
Noob

Post by Rickdawg84 »

Thank you all for your help and the link to the shifting guide.

Tobias
Noob

Post by Tobias »

I had a similar but slightly more specific question regarding the same topic.. The NS4 shifting guide states...

Occasionally, a weapon's enhancement bonus will appear on a character sheet as bonus damage physical damage while shifted. This damage will in fact be added to the character's physical damage. This occurs any time the character merges a weapon which does not have bonus physical damage dice of the same type as the shifted form's weapon. In cases where the shifted form's weapon does two damage types, the character will not receive the bonus damage only when the weapon merged has bonus physical damage dice in both types of the shifted form's weapon.

Now my question targets the dual damage type specifics.. Does this mean if my form uses a Hally (Slash/Pierce) That I will only get the bonuses if I am ALSO using a slash/pierce weapon? Or only if I am NOT using the same weapon type.

Also Does epic damage reduction carry over to shifter forms? Thanks for the help.

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

EDR carrys over to shifted form.

No you do not have to be wielding a slash/pierce wpn to get the halbred dual dmg types when in dire tiger form.

If your shifted form is using a bludgen wpn, and you have pre shift equiped a slash or piercing wpn. Then you will get a bonus physical dmg to your shifted attacks equal to the unshifted wpns enhancement bonus.
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

EDR carries over 1:1, with the note that it will not stack with damage reduction from a shifted form (the highest will be used.)

For weapons:
If you are a:

Kobold with a slashing weapon: So long as your weapon has Bonus Damage Bludgeoning 2d8//whatever or Bonus Damage Piercing 2d10//whatever you will do enhancement damage.
Tiger with a pierce/slashing Halberd: So long as your weapon has bonus damage not of the form "Piercing +XdY, Slashing + XdY" you will do enhancement damage.

edit: ninja twig. :lol:

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Meh. Extra damage dice don't stack with enhancement anyway. There's more than a handful of weapon oddities, I can never keep them all straight.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Took the 5 minutes to check, Lokey's wrong :) .

Character sheet mostly reports correctly, except for if you're using a dual type weapon with bonus damages in both types.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Pfff I'm so right it hurts. Weap type damage doesn't stack with extra damage of that type, except for the boring edge case. Happy?
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Lokey wrote:Pfff I'm so right it hurts. Weap type damage doesn't stack with extra damage of that type, except for the boring edge case. Happy?
The majority of shifter cases are the edge cases, though, lol.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”