Relic rules

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Relic rules

Post by Nyeleni »

Apparently there is need to remind some players of the actual rules:

Allowed
You can hide a relic anywhere you can take the relics to.
You can relic raid as much as you want as long as it doesn't interfere with venge logging.
You can Defend your own relic with as many toons as you desire.

Disallowed
Relics will not enter neutral areas.
Relics will not be dropped to be unreachable (This is an exploit).
Trafficing of relics is prohibited. This means you cannot log a toon outside your destination faction to raid, and then drop that relic off to yourself. This is the same weather you are dual logged or if you have to relog your other toon to pick up the relic you dropped. (This is an exploit, as the relic system wasn't made to be used this way)

Please do not exploit the relic system, it is here for a good time, and we should all respect each other enough to not hinder that potential fun.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

BlkMamba
Wheres the donation box?

Re: Relic rules

Post by BlkMamba »

Nyeleni wrote: Trafficing of relics is prohibited. This means you cannot log a toon outside your destination faction to raid, and then drop that relic off to yourself. This is the same weather you are dual logged or if you have to relog your other toon to pick up the relic you dropped. (This is an exploit, as the relic system wasn't made to be used this way)
During relic wars this applies
I'm not sure if it applies during your standard wishy washy everyday routine
even if it does, most people just make all there toons with different loggons so its impossible to track anyhow
unless there like me and just make all there toons with the same loggon, which isnt the smartest thing to do if you wanna
beat the system, but i dont care to beat the system, just the players

MasterYoda
PKer

Post by MasterYoda »

Nyeleni wrote:Apparently there is need to remind some players of the actual rules:

Allowed
You can hide a relic anywhere you can take the relics to.
You can relic raid as much as you want as long as it doesn't interfere with venge logging.
You can Defend your own relic with as many toons as you desire.

Disallowed
Relics will not enter neutral areas.
Relics will not be dropped to be unreachable (This is an exploit).
Trafficing of relics is prohibited. This means you cannot log a toon outside your destination faction to raid, and then drop that relic off to yourself. This is the same weather you are dual logged or if you have to relog your other toon to pick up the relic you dropped. (This is an exploit, as the relic system wasn't made to be used this way)

Please do not exploit the relic system, it is here for a good time, and we should all respect each other enough to not hinder that potential fun.
ok on to your points.
1- No you cant cause there is places that you can get to that will and guarentee the relic to bug. Im not going to advertise these spots but i have seen poeple do it on porpus.
2- You can raid relics period. Venge loggin doesnt matter in this situation . If you are raiding over and over again then you are going to the same place. Then the person getting owned over and over again is at fault now and is returning to the said ganking spot. The DMs have adressed it. If you go to the spot where you know someone is attacking then you are at fault. there are PLENTY of places to level for all levels you just have to find them. Dont like the stress of oger mountain? go else where.
3- No you cannot. The toons must be from that faction OR you must be leveling a toon of the same faction as your defender. I can necro the thread if i need to but if NC gets raided you can only log on to a NC toon to defend OR if you are on a LA toon you can relog a LA toon to either attack or defend. The choice is yours essentially. But you are not allowed to cross log. IE raid with a NC toon then level a MA toon then ma cradle gets tapped and you then get back onto your NC toon. I believe this is a nono... but again i could be wrong.

and on your negative coments - I dont understand how your even trying to justify 2 different toons doing exactly what there meant to do... Honestly i dual log. I dont do what is being talked about but i see no problem. If you have 2 accounts and your raiding relics its the same person at the comp i dont understand how the same eprson has 2 different rules. If you say hiding a relic is ok in your first example you hide it by logging out or having a friend kill you. You then log in wiht your other char and HEY you found a relic? this one seems to me as a personal preference and although i agree wiht you that the way its done is dumb i dont see it being something that really needs to be adressed.

AO still needs jobs ... see what i did there :D
TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

MasterYoda wrote: IE raid with a NC toon then level a MA toon then ma cradle gets tapped and you then get back onto your NC toon. I believe this is a nono... but again i could be wrong.
That's nonsense.... literally... What's the 2nd NC toon login doing? Raiding? Defending MA?

Any player at any time can defend their home faction. period.
You can raid anywhere you like all day and night with the same toon. Only changing toons (other then defending) AND entering the previous "Arena of contest" is considered vengelogging.

As far as my toons are concerned I share about 80% of them with about 8 other players. What may appear to be dropping a relic to myself is probably in fact another player entirely.

Is because someone's dual logged Nyleni think somehow thinks thats any different if there was 2 actual players behind each toon. I know there was some sort of ruling on it because it was happening cross allied factions. i.e. CoT raids TC and drops to an SL toon or Shifter raiding for RK.
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Just a fyi. These aren't my rules. They were put down by a dm some time ago.

Yoda, stop arguing about everything. Your point 1 e.g. is clearly covered in disallowed point 2.
And you don't seem to understand what vengelogging is.

I couldn't reopen the post, where I found it because it got locked. Which will happen to this one in no time too. Maybe thats what Yoda wants.

Original post by Neil420 who got it from Malik apparently.

Here. Maybe make this thread sticky.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Amoenotep" wrote ...
technically you can run a relic anywhere you like and cap it. its in bad sport to do so, but you can. so yes, tc can raid sl and take to AO

"Amoenotep" wrote ...
dropping itself isn't bannable

dropping to yourself dual logged is highly frowned on...it just smells of all kinds of cheat
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

This crap STILL confuses the hell out of me. Ask Tep to make a final ruling on it and maybe he'll do it :).
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

BlkMamba
Wheres the donation box?

Post by BlkMamba »

mining wrote:This crap STILL confuses the hell out of me. Ask Tep to make a final ruling on it and maybe he'll do it :).
its not the ruling thats the problem, its the ability to enforce it

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

MasterYoda wrote:porpus.

?
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Rufio wrote:
MasterYoda wrote:porpus.

?
... This thread is now about porpuses.

Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Ajantis.
Spamalot

Post by Ajantis. »

Temet Nosce

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

This thread is now about NC getting porpuses.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

frogofpeace wrote:This thread is now about NC getting porpuses.
When it should be about AO getting porpuses
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

frogofpeace wrote:This thread is now about NC getting porpuses.
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

MasterYoda
PKer

Post by MasterYoda »

I think you misunderstood me kapawn. Let me rephrase it.

You are a NC toon. You raid relics for MA. You log off in the MA tower or wherever. You then log onto a MA char and lvl.

DEFENDERS RALLY MA!!!

you then log off your MA toon then onto you NC toon that is sitting right outside the relic room.

THIS IS A NONO

im pretty sure they specifically put in a portal system so if you log on tooclose to teh relic room when its getting raided it forcefully moves you multiple maps away.

By defending MA wiht a NC toon and parking him whevrever you want since he wont get ported away is also considered a exploit since you know of the map log in rule yet you found a way to go around it.

TGPO wrote:Man, dont u hate it when yoda is right

Amoenotep wrote:yeah....he's a little right :(

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”