Dragonshape and feats..

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
ashsagoon
Wheres the donation box?

Dragonshape and feats..

Post by ashsagoon »

I've searched but I can't really find anything on this and I can't remember what the deal was. So what feats (if any) work in dragonshape? For example do the weapon focus (unarmed) and improved crit feats work with it now? I know it's been changed (before it showed the 3 attacks, now it says unarmed when shifted) but I don't know if the feats work. I thought someone had said a long time ago that improved crit worked but not the weapon feats. Does anyone know? What about the other shifter shapes with weapons, do the feats work with those weapons?
PWnD by Squishee
LinuxPup wrote:you probably just didn't realize your builds sucked

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Dragonshape and feats..

Post by Lokey »

Epic prowess. I think that's it.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

diddy33
Newbie Helper

Post by diddy33 »

i thought improved critical also? psiber had dome some testing a while back, but things may have changed since then.

Malik
Dungeon Master

Post by Malik »

Improved crit works with all shapes that have weapons (Which currently is every shape except dragon) you can find a list of what shape carries what on one of the many shifter threads I don't have the time to pull it up right now. Currently dragon says "unarmed" as its weapon however its weapon is a creature claw or bite (Might be keen even) I can't remember. But with that said improved critical focus isn't going to do anything for Dragon form as far as I know.
Lokey wrote: Dragons will eat you if they can catch you.

burrahobbit
Champion of Aetheria

Post by burrahobbit »

Improved crit unarmed does work on dragon, epic wpn focus doesnt, epic prowess does. More importantly, as they have no true sight, why would you make one? Anything a dragon might excell at, a different class does better.

My hellball throwing, greater ruin, blinding speed, stunning fist dragon will stay at 30 selling boots and belts in back ally's outside of avendell as, for all intents and purposes, dragons are worthless.
Last edited by burrahobbit on Wed Feb 11, 2009 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amoenotep wrote:aaahahahah..burra is dumb! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rainswept wrote:Oh my. I need to go add a little something to my sig, pardon me.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Keen doesn't work on creature weapons (used to). Imp crit, focus, etc creature weapon works, but you can't take those. Imp crit, etc unarmed does not by my testing with 1.69, I don't think they ever worked with creature weapons.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

ashsagoon
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ashsagoon »

Ok so as Lokey is the one that did all the shifting stuff I'll take his word for it that none of the feats that a player can take will work (as far as weapon focus, improved critical, epic weapon focus).
PWnD by Squishee
LinuxPup wrote:you probably just didn't realize your builds sucked

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

ah, had the same question for someone earlier today. Was trying to figure out if weapon focus worked for an air elemental, whatever weapon it is that they use, looks like a light hammer on the inventory sheet. So is the answer no? I want to get this clear because we have been talking a lot about dragons, but nothing concise has been said about other forms. Lokey seemed to answer this, but it was a little unclear.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

bring back the one handed greatsword balor!
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

DM Mystic
Dungeon Master

Post by DM Mystic »

The feats work where the shape has a listed wpn, in your question above yes its light hammer. Fire elemental i believe is shortsword etc etc.

Cijah
Pk Bait

Post by Cijah »

For Shifter changes see ---> HERE!

Ragnareith
Pk Bait

Post by Ragnareith »

Odd question - if a player wanted to make a dragon, and have access to weapon foci and improved critical with the dragon's creature weapon, could the player take those feats for unarmed, and then somehow have the creature versions added to their feat list while they're in shifted form? Perhaps via some invisible, automatically equipped inventory item that grants those certain feats.
"The evil that men do lives after them; the good is oft interred with their bones" - Mark Antony from Shakespeare's "Julius Caesar"

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Is the shifter druid dragon the same as the RDD dragon? Or are those diffrent? If so, what are the stats on the RDD one and is he worth it?
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

I think the only dragon worth it at the moment is the shifter one, because of fear.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

If I recall the RDD dragon gets fear too
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”