Anything else I need to make suck?

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Anything else I need to make suck?

Post by Lokey »

Preamble: I came back to play a bit because I wanted to see what DLA's horses looked like, and they are nice (too bad about the horrendous load times). Saw some things that looked like they needed some love (mostly things I slapped together years ago that no one seemed to want to untangle) and some new functions that made a lot of cpu hog scripting obsolete, so bit the bullet and threw nwn1 onto my windows drive so the Bio toolset was less finicky.

Anyway, NWN2 stuff calls (shame about the clunkiness of that game client and win only...but dev side of it is really sweet). What are the outstanding-est issues that could use a quick look at before I retire to bug-fixes only if there's no one else available to look at something?

- Guild stuff goes through someone not me. I'll dump them in if wanted, but new guilds are going to have an in game advantage: there's subsystems I'm just not going to look at unless someone dumps a new comp on me or something.
- I'll look over the RK jobs which have some outstanding issues and attempt fixes that don't become an enormous project.
- Perhaps some things I've talked about with various people about certain arcane damage dealing spells.
- Items not in database: slave shield, twilight double axe, ullithid ring I know of. That isn't challenging to do, but is a bit tedious.

So if there's something that seems weird that isn't a huge deal to mess with and there's clear intentions of what it's supposed to do, post here and I'll look into it. (Found one or two bugs that I know would cripple some very popular builds so I'll let those lie.) This offer is good for a week or two, and subject to whether dms think it's a good idea to do.

Also, when nwnx_functions and nwnx_events are ported to windows, I'll certainly stop back for a new round of nerfs. If you thought cleric nerf-a-geddon was bad, mwahaha.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Anything else I need to make suck?

Post by Lokey »

Suggestion from renard: remove saves on Enervation and Energy Drain. Perhaps with epic spell focus necro (PMs would have spell resist issues)?
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

MLoki
Relic Raider

Post by MLoki »

Thank you for all of your time that you put in on shifters and other fixes. I have noticed a few arcane spells that don't function correctly or are disabled. Not sure if these qualify under your quick fix clause but I thought I would mention them.

Burning Hands - Even on a failed save this spell does no damage. (Many a Sorc has fallen victim to finding this out the hard way.)
Mass Blindness Deafness - Disabled
Black Blade of Disaster - Disabled

I know there was another list that was started recently but it is no longer on the active topics list.
Amoenotep wrote:i want your toon to be useless :)

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

Balagarns Iron Horn doesnt do anything either. . .
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Balagorn's won't, Blindness ones maybe like WoF. Black Blade does something tricky...like an implosion. Will look at burning hands.

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

AO Jobs- No one else on the ns4 dev staff can handle them.
Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

he said simple stuff jebbo....i disagree with the lvl drain spells not having saves...makes it too easy to kill things quick and fast.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

How about the pure barbar ability Bloody Roar, the text it gives you is really confusing, that should just be a simple reword of things if you wouldnt mind Lokey
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

I'd need to figure out what it actually does first ;) See change log.

mgrjebbo
PKer

Post by mgrjebbo »

Cant blame me for trying Tep..... Way to be though on the shifter fixes Lokey!, aswell as all the other little tweaks here and there.
Amoenotep wrote:Interesting turn of events.....

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

You cuold make the usefull AO= job item give xp if used. I killed bugs in natures something with the bomb, and I did not get any. The kill was not shown in combat log either. Could we also have it work on dwarfs and drow since those have to be considered vermin per say.
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

maybe tweak earth genasi dr to something that stacks with epic dr feats? maybe a lesser amount that does stack, or change it to some combination of damage immunity etc.

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

disastro wrote:maybe tweak earth genasi dr to something that stacks with epic dr feats? maybe a lesser amount that does stack, or change it to some combination of damage immunity etc.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

priestofbast
Looking for group

Post by priestofbast »

well, i;m pretty happy with the way the world is, except one thing.

Could u make life harder for SL and MA?

since u asked. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

no, seriously, i think it's well done. ty.

(a shifter doormat for a long time now.)

catfoot

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

Since people are chiming in, I would to see something behind all these empty doors throughout Aetheria. Even a generic random room generator (if such a thing exists).
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”