Take wizard back

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Rufio
PKer

Re: Take wizard back

Post by Rufio »

You forgot trackless step, throw in 4 more hide when you are using ranger hips.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Delisha Zrazorian
Newbie Helper

Post by Delisha Zrazorian »

Nerfing is pretty important for game balance -
no argument on that... tis why so much ultra, super mega-nerfing has already been done :wink:
Also: nerfing is far quicker than it seems, especially compared to epic planes.
hummmm???

kk... I just finished building another epic run... we are play testing it now... will offer it up when bug free 8)

at your service,
DZ :twisted:
My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find 'em, kill 'em!

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Ajantis. wrote:
Alkapwn wrote: TC/NC have THE best spot options of any faction .... Why are you complaining about nerfing hiders ? Build a better spotter. *cough ranger cough* I'd expect it coming from RK or MA ....
I'll remind you that this thread was started in AO. I'm not seeing any NC/TC complaining (in fact, plenty of defending of the status quo) However, stating the facts in the pursuit of continuing the conversation, for all to insert their input, since the subject was brought up... shouldn't be perceived as complaining.
I'm gona boil the real problem down to no ghostwise sds in ao/rk and no sds in ao :)
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Noob

Post by report »

for what I can see, it's too easy to build a max hide sd in every non ao/rk faction. Those things are too powerful and now too popular. AO just got raided by 4 of them, the two with trickery domain were so hard to spot that even with a bigby on them (it should lower hide/ms by 25) they could hide.
So explain me a few things: 1) do you think it's ok that a 127 cheap ghostwise hider takes 3 people to go down? 2) if you think it's ok and I'm wrong, they why AO can't have sd and trickery? 3) why AO can't make gnome spotters/stunners (tried myself, they have a real advantage on stopping sd, especially if you have cot saves and nc spot token). If you said no to both then :
4)I heard rdd dragon was given true seeing and awesome stats just to remove true seeing and give it the same stats of druid dragon minus heaps of dext, Isn't true seeing appropriate for a faction that doesn't have sd?
5) This is just for your lols and to prove what I said:

Watch the Video

dethonlegs
Looking for group

Post by dethonlegs »

report wrote:This is just for your lols and to prove what I said:
I dont understand - you could see the hipser 99% of the time in that vid. I'd be happy with that.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Second what deth said - I saw a group of people annihilating a SD that got cocky and didn't play smart, as well as you seeing him. Edited to add: Also, isn't that a str HiPSer? lol.

The only points I'm going to comment on are re: SD and trickery and gnome: Because AO gets pretty much everything else. You are not LA. Also Re: 4: old RDD was stupid good. New RDD still isn't bad compared to shifter dragon, for a variety of reasons (see, a billion other threads).
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Noob

Post by report »

dethonlegs wrote:
report wrote:This is just for your lols and to prove what I said:
I dont understand - you could see the hipser 99% of the time in that vid. I'd be happy with that.
not true at all, if i could see the hipser 99% of time my hp wouldn't be that low. I started recording vid after I've seen I how many times you could hide, and the short video still proves it. Even under bigs you hide, its ridiculous.

Noob

Post by report »

and to be back to the most important point, AO needs sd to effectively counter sd. They could hide and sneak attack a max spot toon, It will be different if i could build a spotter that is also a sd.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Mm, you're an AA and he has piercing resist, he's a cleric with heals - I'll do the mental arithmetic and say that he'd taken a little bit of a beating too. Also - as best as I could see, you were constantly moving as opposed to standing still and letting your +10 spot advantage play a role - also your spot was down 6 points when he had bigby on him, which definitely does not help.

I also note that you had 4 guys, but nobody seemed to be a bard, so you're probably paying through the teeth for any spotting you did.

Re: AO needing SD to counter SD - the best SD counter I've played is cleric/CoT, Aas - see them even TRYING to hide against -40 hide. Blah blah blah keen senses blah blah blah don't care. Magic domain cleric with spot feats (hardly even need evo focuses, though its great if you want to blow up bad builds) will absolutely shred HiPSers. Go knowledge domain and div focuses if you really hate 'em and can rely on party support for your haste // like dipping 25 dex for blinding on your casters.

Edit to add: Also, for max spot on a toon, you want a ranger, not an AA. FE bonuses shouldn't count to the +127 cap, and HS gives you some good bonuses to spot, and you can even pick up GSF div and rogue so you can self buff to the +50 cap w/ scrolls. Madness.
Last edited by mining on Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: wrote spot instead of hide and hide instead of spot about 8 times.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

not true at all, if i could see the hipser 99% of time my hp wouldn't be that low.
Here's what I read: "Because AO doesn't have SD, we should be able to kill them without getting touched."
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

Bargeld wrote:
not true at all, if i could see the hipser 99% of time my hp wouldn't be that low.
Here's what I read: "Because AO doesn't have SD, we should be able to kill them without getting touched."
Shouldn't everybody? WE HATES THEM!!!!! The class can collectively be mashed to a pulp, burned, had acid poured on it, and then had it's chi/soul/essence obliterated and consumed by supernatural entities!!!!

Ummm there are a multitude of different tactics for fighting sd's. Only a couple involve sd's. The fun part is figuring out a tactic that works to fight them.

Happy Hunting! :mrgreen:
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

but its the closest NC is getting to rogues :)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

VagaStorm
Developer

Post by VagaStorm »

Amoenotep wrote:but its the closest NC is getting to rogues :)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Best Regards
VagaStorm

Why would I want to count 12 hours twice? I’m perfectly capable of counting to 24, and while we’re at it, can someone go shoot named time zones. GMT+x is all we need!

Amoenotep wrote:if you die to harper that just means your build sucks.

Nyeleni
Relic Raider

Post by Nyeleni »

Amoenotep wrote:but its the closest NC is getting to rogues :)
Wrong I'd count ranger closer than a smelly SD.
Aiya Mielikki! CELEB ALCONTARI CUYO ANANN!

For the Glory of Torm! Clericus Liberatus Anno Dominis - Gloria Triadis!

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

Yeah that video doesnt help your cause at all. Apparantly you can deal with trickery clerics just fine.
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”