Item and money banking...

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Kell Of Neversummer
Pk Bait

Post by Kell Of Neversummer »

I have a bank - my mule - right now he has so much stuff he can't walk - and most of my gold :D

Souldin
Pk Bait

Post by Souldin »

junksta wrote:well here's an idea about the bank that totaly fits in with the realism of the world being magic and all

an NPC in a small room, kinda like a footman or something that transports you magicaly to a larger room where the bank actualy is, with more npc's where u can store items and gold,

then another npc can transport you back to the small room

and the best part of this is that npc will be hostile to anyone not in ur faction so its impossible for an enemy faction to even get inside the bank
so impossible to rob the bank, unless someone in ur own faction does it,

sure they COULD kill the npc and slow down the banking process, which would be pointless

sorry TGPO but you talk about a bank that should be able to be robbed
well in reality stores should be able to be robbed too and items stolen
but as it is if u try to walk out of the store without paying for an item the item gets returned

the bank idea is good and definitly something worth lookin into, adds to the realism too, and it shouldnt be too hard to create player banking accounts in game

i seen some other mods do it

I totally like this idea!
-Once known as "Stealth"-

Souldin Reijn now adays

---

"Shutup and eat your cheese sandwitch."

---

WillPower
Noob

Post by WillPower »

I agree, we need something like that... and not having access to it anywhere but your own faction helps too...
----WILLPOWER MOTHER ****ers!
It takes most alcoholics their entire lives to recover... but for me... Im usually fine by noon.
--> {CLAD} Sir William the Angel
--> {CLAD} Sir William the GateKeeper

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

what if the banker could cast about 30 max'd IGMS?
and had unlimited buffs... and +20/50 dmg resist?
yea.. then i think u cud make it so ppl cud fight him for the bank stuff..

it would be liek the new G1..

"hey.. who wants to go2 the... BANKER!!!???"
Type post, tab tab enter, wait 4page 2 load, shift+tab tab enter, REPEAT!!!

Kaz
Noob

Post by Kaz »

One bank should be in Avandel, plain and simple. Every character will eventually find Avandel once in his life. Hey, it's the only place to spend those heaps of cash!

For those of you looking at the realistic parts of this... It doesn't make sense for a bank far away to know exactually that you have 405743 gold in your account. Sure they could use messanger birds, but thats quite a few birds being sent...

As for bank robbing, it should be allowed. However, robbing a bank is supposed to be a high risk high pay job. Your in Avandel, a city of trade. As such, robbing a bank should be a serious crime for those caught; making your character known to all the gaurds, effectivly making Avandel hostile to you. Who said you can't rob a bank? I wouldn't try with those odds, but then again, I'm not a really skilled pickpocket. Killing the gaurds and the banker would make Avandel hostile, and make it so you can't really spend all that money you just stoll. The thief will have to use tact.

Souldin
Pk Bait

Post by Souldin »

This idea sounds very cool and I really would like to see this! Besides the fact about your own faction being able to rob it.. this is great. :idea:
-Once known as "Stealth"-

Souldin Reijn now adays

---

"Shutup and eat your cheese sandwitch."

---

OctavianBear
Noob

Post by OctavianBear »

In the meantime, there are some lightweight items that are worth a lot of gold. I tend to hang onto those and then only cash them in when I need to upgrade my equipment. Takes care of the gold loss when respawning problem anyway.

Denort
Looking for group

Post by Denort »

Kaz wrote:One bank should be in Avandel, plain and simple.

I disagree. Avendell is already quite popular. We need things to encourage people to frequent their faction capital. If there was a banking system I would suggest it would be accessable from your capital city.

Mind you, I really don't think banks are necessary. You can carry a pile of gold and several inventory pages of items already. Now a donation box of some sort in your faction capital where you can drop unwanted items to help your low level faction members and allies out would be helpful.

Brennan068
Looking for group

Post by Brennan068 »

I agree that banks should be in the capital cities, not Avendell. I disagree with the suggestion of drop boxes. I think they would discourage real exploration of the low level members. If you want to help them out when you see them online, your bank will be there and you can give them enough gold to buy decent starting gear. Or you can give them a nice shiny trinket to hold until they hit level 16 if that is your desire, but drop boxes would encourage drop box camping instead of going out and doing the work yourself.

nargileh
Pk Bait

Post by nargileh »

Kaz wrote:For those of you looking at the realistic parts of this... It doesn't make sense for a bank far away to know exactually that you have 405743 gold in your account. Sure they could use messanger birds, but thats quite a few birds being sent...

Killing the gaurds and the banker would make Avandel hostile, and make it so you can't really spend all that money you just stoll. The thief will have to use tact.

Did ya forget there's a mage in each bank trained in psionic magic, atuned to every other bank-mage in the realm, so they DO know your balance at all times (just made it d&d realistic, instead of comparing to real life realism)

as for the robbing the bank thing...
If i could rob the bank, I would make 1 character to rob it, mule the loot to another character which isn't KOS in avendell and I can spend my loot freely without ever taking the heat for the heist... A system like this will get the bank screwed sidewise with a rusty pipe and no lube.

sep caldessian
Wheres the donation box?

Post by sep caldessian »

muling in any form should be a bannable offense, imo.

Bob
Newbie Helper

Post by Bob »

sep caldessian wrote:muling in any form should be a bannable offense, imo.

Unless they introduce bags of holding, get used to it.

Actively using the Craft Trap skill (for example) is unfeasible without a mule character.

sep caldessian
Wheres the donation box?

Post by sep caldessian »

Bob wrote:
sep caldessian wrote:muling in any form should be a bannable offense, imo.

Unless they introduce bags of holding, get used to it.

Actively using the Craft Trap skill (for example) is unfeasible without a mule character.

get used to what? exploiting the system? metagaming?

Downfall
Noob

Post by Downfall »

hmmm i didnt read all posts in this thread (to long) but instead of a banker why not have a locker of a chest (like in D2) to store your stuff and only your account can use it ?

think its doable?

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

Complaining about muling is a bannable offence.

Just kidding. :D
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”