Anything else I need to make suck?

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Anything else I need to make suck?

Post by Lokey »

Added a specific silence check to curse song, though I thought silence also threw on deafened, which is more important in that case excepting the bard being able to curse song in the first place.
renarð wrote:abjuration focus feats add to DC for saving throws.
Dispell checks are based on caster level and have nothing to do with saving throws. Is there a server change not on the wiki?
There's tons of stuff that isn't on the wiki, there's stuff on the wiki that's wrong or outdated; that's life as a wiki. There were no abjuration spells with saves (I don't think any were added--I think that's also true for conjuration and divination), and we wanted it to actually do something (abjuration focus means your spells are harder to dispel and you can dispel easier, conjuration means better summons and something else, divination does a few different things too) ;)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

Grease is conjuration I believe
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

priestofbast
Looking for group

Post by priestofbast »

i personally think this rocks. . .tryin to make it come closer to the real D&D intent is great with me

even if its a pain for one reason or another, it is closer to the game i grew up loving ...

thanks for the effort guys

catty

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

I agree entirely with glow, some methods I dont agree with but I like the changes

ImageImage

cRaZy8or5e
PKer

Post by cRaZy8or5e »

Sorcerors and Wizards need to be made to suck, unless the Northern Coalition can have one of those classes. Then they are fine the way they are :mrgreen:
"Nobody Expects the Northern Inquisition!!!!"
-Blystos Re-

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

*from out of nowhere Celorn appears*

silence - I made a silence cleric once to test out the silence spell and found it pretty useless: 1. it lasted about 1 minute, 2. since it's a circle spell, it's very buggy when you move around. 3. SR resists it and since it's such a low level spell it was easily resisted by most casters I tested it on.

as for nerfs... Whatever happened to that modification to SL that gave SL toons bonus power in menzo and even more power in the temple of lloth?? I went thru the entire changelog but it wasn't there - were those bonuses removed? or was just the post removed??

also, once AO has jobs I will lift my personal ns4 boycott and play NS4 regularly again, but until then I'll be playing wow with my fiance and warhammer online...
ImageImage

LinuxPup
Professor Nerfalicious

Post by LinuxPup »

as for nerfs... Whatever happened to that modification to SL that gave SL toons bonus power in menzo and even more power in the temple of lloth?? I went thru the entire changelog but it wasn't there - were those bonuses removed? or was just the post removed??
Huh? Sounds like assassin's ability which should still work.
Lead NS4 developer

[ Brilhasti ap Tarj ]
[ ...Darkfalz... ]
[ Azchekelon ]

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

My level 25 assasin has 12 assassin levels, the kill DC is not right at all. With 11 intelligence modifier and 12 assassin levels my kill DC should be 28 anywhere, but everytime i test it I only get intelligence modifier + 5. So my could be good kill DC of 28 is 16, which I couldnt kill anything but a rat or a beetle with.

ImageImage

disastro
Spamalot

Post by disastro »

silence pwns arcane casters who are not real good at their jobs. clerics have a harder time avoiding it but it's not all that hard if you put a tiny bit of thought into it.

Alkapwn
PKer

Post by Alkapwn »

Korr wrote:My level 25 assasin has 12 assassin levels, the kill DC is not right at all. With 11 intelligence modifier and 12 assassin levels my kill DC should be 28 anywhere, but everytime i test it I only get intelligence modifier + 5. So my could be good kill DC of 28 is 16, which I couldnt kill anything but a rat or a beetle with.
Sounds like your toon is bugged. Ive seen other assassins quite recently with quite high DC's 40+
::DD:: Minister of Hatemongering and Enemy Carpaccio
:MADD: Resident SlackMaster and KittenPuncher

Malik
Dungeon Master

Post by Malik »

The kill DC and paralyze are different, paralyze is hard coded where Linux's poison could be made what ever he saw fit. Let me dig up how its calculated just in case yours is correct.

Assassin hits creature. If target is currently attacking another creature or casting a spell, the target isn't vulnerable. Target must make a fortitude save or die. DC is 5 + Assassin Level + Intelligence modifier.

(Seems your right, I get the feeling somewhere alone the line it may have been changed to 1/2 assassin level) I could be totally wrong though as it still doesn't add up.. I'll check my DC.
Lokey wrote: Dragons will eat you if they can catch you.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

Yeah and 12 assassin levels with 11 int modifier = 23 > 17 DC that I had (should have been 28 DC)

ImageImage

Malik
Dungeon Master

Post by Malik »

Mine calculates through as it should, next time your on try and get a DMs attention.

Lorkar
Spamalot

Post by Lorkar »

I have had similar issues with the poison attack as well although the DC was more a random thing than anything else. My Assassin has 24 levels of Assassin with a +8 int mod and my DC's ranged from 17-32. The Death Attack DC is working fine at a 43.
I put the IO in socIOpath!
Lokey wrote:Yeah, ... I blame Tep in that case.
ImageImage

Malik
Dungeon Master

Post by Malik »

Alright, we'll look into these issues hopefully I see you two in game soon.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”