Vinemine discussion

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Bargeld
PKer

Re: Vinemine discussion

Post by Bargeld »

You are correct about the CoT feat thing. That just tells me that druids aren't supposed to be DC casters in the first place ;)
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

That just tells me that druids aren't supposed to be DC casters in the first place
I agree that a druid makes a pretty bad dc based caster. You also can't max wisdom and have a source of haste.

On the other hand, it also makes a pretty bad non-dc caster because inferno and ice storm are the only good damage spells, they both use the same spell slot, and a druid gets the least amount of spells per day for any full caster. A dex/wis hybrid druid only gets like 6 level 8 spell slots that it needs to use for maxed ice storms, maxed infernos, and nature's balance. The other big druid damage spell is harm, but that ends up being weak because a druid's touch ab is very low since it can't buff ab like a cleric, and uef completely negates it.

The only way for a non-dc based druid to do enough damage to kill anyone is with inferno, which leads to the burn and run tactic.

(Also, while you can't have an auto-quickened dc 48 druid under any circumstance, it is also impossible to have an auto-quickened dc 48 cleric caster in any faction outside of NC. TC is the only faction without any possible quickened dc 48 builds)
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Speaking of dc based casters, can we nerf spellcraft to +1 saves vs spell per 10 ranks maybe? With full ranks, +10 or +11 saves vs spells right now is really easy to get, making the average character with full ranks mostly immune to dc based spells.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Man, I am getting myself off topic, I meant to post about spike growth.

The problem I see with making it all piercing damage is that your average mob in pvm is going to be 100% immune to it. Once mobs start getting damage reduction, your character's spike growth damage won't be able to keep up with the amount of dr a mob has. At level 10, spike growth will do 2 + 1d4 to 2 + 1d8 damage. At that point, 5/- dr is common for a mob, and the will completely resist the damage half of the time. At level 20, it will do 5 + 1d4 to 5 + 1d8 damage. A mob with 10/- will only take damage if you have focused and get a good roll. Any amount of damage immunity will completely negate even a focused caster's damage. By level 40, you won't do any damage to any mob anywhere.

With the 5 round duration, you'd be lucky to have it deal 10 damage over the duration of the spell at any level.

In pvp, all it takes is 20/- piercing from an armor or shield and you are 100% immune.

with 1/2 acid damage, you average ~8 acid damage per hit with a focused level 40 caster, but your average caster with 35 caster levels and no focuses would only average ~5 acid damage per hit. over 5 rounds of combat, the total amount of acid damage done by the damage shield would still be rather small.

Eldaquen
Newbie Helper

Post by Eldaquen »

Concerning the 5 round duration of spike growth...I don't know this for sure but believe there would be two reasons:

1) So the spell does not get used with shifted forms.
2) Because the spell is applied to everyone in party whom is in range.

Wish it was possible to set up spell so it would cancel on shift so the spell could possibly have a longer duration. But I guess that isn't possible due to Bioware's mechanics.
Murphy's Law:
Nothing is as easy as it looks.
Everything takes longer than you expect.
And if anything can go wrong,
It will, at the worst possible moment.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Eldaquen wrote:Concerning the 5 round duration of spike growth...I don't know this for sure but believe there would be two reasons:

1) So the spell does not get used with shifted forms.
2) Because the spell is applied to everyone in party whom is in range.

Wish it was possible to set up spell so it would cancel on shift so the spell could possibly have a longer duration. But I guess that isn't possible due to Bioware's mechanics.
It's possible, but 2) is still a valid and the main point. Druid wants to give his whole party a retributive stacking damage shield? He can damn well mem enough of them for a fight :).
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Ryddwillow
Spamalot

Post by Ryddwillow »

See as I am playing a druid I careless what everyone else is getting in my party

Druid as a single player compared to a cleric really stinks. nature is the Druid as church is for the cleric. When the nerf happens so great in the druds memory book, then why not nerf the cleric. i have been here for LIKE forever(too bad this is in not blue type) and why is the mage sooooo nerfed? Mages would not use the bibgys spells if everyone could maintain a dc of around 20 vs a 9th lvl spell. dc 45 my pure fighter can obtain and that is the lowest. So when you mention dc vs reflex I snicker. It is a joke. RDD dragon breath is a joke, do you believe this when you tell us that? My pure fighter can avoid this and he is a strength build. I mean a good player as a mage is great but ANY spell vs reflex is thrown out. Next is will save. Hmmmm Cleric/monks/whatever throw those spells out, next is fort spells, :lol: so mages cannot go to where other toons go solo in planes. The spells are nerfed in time and reduction. Give us that put time in pure mage lvls to obtain pure lvl summons lvl 35 and 40. It would have to be fair, but the way it is now is retarded, If you focus in dinavation your summons get a better bonus, and etc....

You make the rules! You make the gear! Suffer I guess, and remember you cannot argue with stupid

Naw i was gonna change some things dc vs reflex

(You can't argue with stupid) -- Ron White

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”