March 2010 MVP of the defender of the relic event

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Ajantis.
Spamalot

Re: March 2010 MVP of the defender of the relic event

Post by Ajantis. »

Because there is no offense, without a good defense. I vote:

TC: Healin' Sammy TSS
NC: Gloriosity CLAD
Temet Nosce

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

Joker_954
Pk Bait

Post by Joker_954 »

Are you people intentionally leaving out the rest of the server on your votes? There were more people on than just NC/TC players...

Ajantis.
Spamalot

Post by Ajantis. »

no, only because I stayed back and can only vote for what I observed. I will admit to not witnessing much.
Temet Nosce

We follow the righteous path, the path of Helm.

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

AO: Aiea HNs - Hit me with a lot of Smite Good when I was on Judgement, very potent, anytime there was lag she would stack 'em on me and I'd be done. Even without lag she'd pound me.

RK: I believe it was The Staff Infection of tLB, but I'm not sure. There was one mage who was very consistent with his Bigsbies in disabling me. I might be getting the name wrong. He was the guy who killed me when I got lost in Underdark.

MA/SL: Michael Jackson - Whenever the MA/SL came to Daeron Outskirts, all of them died except for Michael Jackson. Everyone else thought they were all dead, but I swore that I saw one sneak away. Later he came back for a raise attempt. Very persistent.

TC: @Goat@ Webber - Those who were in Dwarven Stronghold knew about this guy. I raided with him a few times and man was his shifter powerful as well as survivable. Twig was a strong defender, but Webber was a one man army considering how often he was by himself or with only one or two allies.

NC: Shamed - A lot of credit goes to Shamed despite his attitude. Although I leveled Judgement for at least 15 levels, Shamed topped him off at 40. Without Shamed, NC would've been missing both Judgement and Dr. McNinja.

LA: Cheeze Wiz - Cheating jerkface.

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

P. Fricebottle wrote:RK: I believe it was The Staff Infection of tLB, but I'm not sure. There was one mage who was very consistent with his Bigsbies in disabling me. I might be getting the name wrong. He was the guy who killed me when I got lost in Underdark.
Hmm. We had 2 that fit that. Staff Infection, and Vision. Both of them were tearing things up
d(^.^)b

A great deal goes on that isn't visible to other factions as well. I imagine not all the voters realize that Glow and to a lesser extent both Ice and Neil handled most of the planning and strategy, nor do most people realize things like the fact that Xirt, Vision, Matrix, and a few other tLB toons were all one player (BlackMamba) who simply swapped to what was needed from heat to heat. Savage was also extremely important, with his info gathering. Psiber with his builds and his spot buffs, Deadeyes with his traps, various people willing to play support toons that are non-glamorous but we would lose without... Picking RK/AO mvp is actually really tough, because there were so many times when we literally needed every soul we had, and had one guy been missing, the score would have been far more lopsided.

I gotta say that I went into this event without the best attitude for it, but the insanely close scoring really made an incredible difference by the end. I missed all but an hour of the first heat, but was able to be on every moment after that, and the fact that this thing was so close that any number of tiny little things had gone another way and this thing coulda been super lopsided, or it woulda been tied. I remember one relic where McNinja failed my slammer (at near death to boot, I believe), and managed to hips even after it got him... I was swearing at my screen over that one, thinking if we'd had that capture instead of him, it would all be tied. There were at least probably 7-8 captures for both RK and NC that were made by the skin of someone's teeth. I was sure we'd lost like 4 relics one fight, and people came walking back in with 3 of them, to my absolute amazement. Even now I have no idea how the $#%@ Mantis (Neil) made it all the way back from NC with that relic and no help.

Big kudos to Edge for not only setting it up, but being present for every second of it to keep things kosher. Great job man.
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones
Shamedmonkey wrote:I can feel myself get stupider.

Daral0085
Newbie Helper

Post by Daral0085 »

One relic went to RK because Reaver rolled a natural 20 against an implode, and passed a second implode. You could call that one "skin of his teeth". Rozsudek wasn't very happy about that one. Another time, I don't remember if it was reaver or mantis, but he managed to dodge 2 stunning fists that I tried to land out of hips at Bywater Crossing (one was epic dodged, the other I rolled something like a 2 or 3 on my attack roll). If one had hit, we (NC) would have scored another relic. Definitely another close call.

I personally can't decide who to vote for, still thinking about it. I might end up abstaining.
Bargeld wrote:It's been shown in past relic events even, if NC actually has a decent amount of players involved, they will win.

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

i still vote for me.... because pikachu was deleted
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

Shadowalker wrote:AO - Cyclone PWnD the wandering rumbler

RK - Reaver RR w/honerable mention to The Saff Infection tLB

MA - Nom of GODS as persistant as chili the day after

SL - Thorpe IO hands down the hardest of the SD (and we saw a lot of SD's in Daeron :roll: )

NC - Rikky da Bobby FoN w/honerable mention to Ulda da Frog (whos support casting, among others, enabled our defensive line to desimate all comers.)

TC - Twig TSS (spidermans apprentice) w/honerable mention to Diego TSS and Fergus Mac Mor
Its been suggested that voting for my own toon is illegal. In light of this possibility, I would like to change my vote for TC MVP to Diego who held the east gate like a rotwieller with a leg of lamb.
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

TheEdge
Dungeon Master

Post by TheEdge »

Two more days to allow last minus votes to be entered. I will post results on Sunday or Monday
Gorm-Fire Eyes

Daral0085
Newbie Helper

Post by Daral0085 »

I appreciate the vote Twig, but I don't think it's illegal to vote for your own toon.

That said, my vote:

TC: Twig
NC: Judgement {FoN}
MA: Nom Anor (I barely even remember seeing any other MA toons)
SL: Gemetzel
AO/RK: Abstain
Bargeld wrote:It's been shown in past relic events even, if NC actually has a decent amount of players involved, they will win.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

Daral0085 wrote:I appreciate the vote Twig, but I don't think it's illegal to vote for your own toon.

That said, my vote:

if you can't be a good enough sport to even attempt a nomination to hostile factions, why should we consider your votes at all?

also, you don't have to see action to watch the pvp spam notifications and know when someone is doing a great job getting kill shots.
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

burrahobbit
Champion of Aetheria

Post by burrahobbit »

Amoenotep wrote:
Daral0085 wrote:I appreciate the vote Twig, but I don't think it's illegal to vote for your own toon.

That said, my vote:

if you can't be a good enough sport to even attempt a nomination to hostile factions, why should we consider your votes at all?

also, you don't have to see action to watch the pvp spam notifications and know when someone is doing a great job getting kill shots.
I dont think its a question of sportsmanship. Many mvp voters didn't include one faction or another.
Amoenotep wrote:aaahahahah..burra is dumb! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rainswept wrote:Oh my. I need to go add a little something to my sig, pardon me.

Daral0085
Newbie Helper

Post by Daral0085 »

Amoenotep wrote:

That said, my vote:

Quoting rainswept from earlier in the thread:
A great deal goes on that isn't visible to other factions as well. I imagine not all the voters realize that Glow and to a lesser extent both Ice and Neil handled most of the planning and strategy, nor do most people realize things like the fact that Xirt, Vision, Matrix, and a few other tLB toons were all one player (BlackMamba) who simply swapped to what was needed from heat to heat
Then quoting myself, giving the rationale for my abstention:
I personally can't decide who to vote for, still thinking about it. I might end up abstaining.
I ended up making 4 decisions. As rainswept correctly points out, I did not have enough visibility into AO/RK play coordination to say who is most valuable on their team. I was considering voting for reaver, but that's only because he was one of the most visible toons, not necessarily the most valuable. Etc. Nor am I going to vote for someone just because they got a lot of kill shots.

Eldaquen
Newbie Helper

Post by Eldaquen »

NC: Crazyhorse
SL: Thorpe IO
MA: Melkor of Mellifeur {GODS}
RK: Dr. Neversummer (because he stood up to a level 40 and didn't back down.)
AO: Aiea Hns
LA: Cheesewiz
Murphy's Law:
Nothing is as easy as it looks.
Everything takes longer than you expect.
And if anything can go wrong,
It will, at the worst possible moment.

Rainswept
Newbie Helper

Post by Rainswept »

hmmm sorry. I made a joke on my NC vote b/c it looked like it was long since decided in favor of Ricky Bobby., whom I suppose deserves it, at that.
Chernobyl_Glow wrote:the players in AO/RK are evil two headed trolls in real life who kick their dogs and speed through school zones
Shamedmonkey wrote:I can feel myself get stupider.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”