Shifted weapon bonus question

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Tobias
Noob

Re: Shifted weapon bonus question

Post by Tobias »

So if I am a tiger who's damage is slash/pierce I dont benefit from holding a weapon that has 1d12 slashing or 1d12 pierce on it at all because it is over ruled by the shifter damage? But if I am holding a mace which is 1d12 bludge I would get the additional damage from said weapon? Or is it vice versa? If both circumstances are incorrect a proper example would be greatly appreciated. its a very complex subject apparently.

Edit; Nm I just saw the previous example mining gave. Got it Now.

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

Don't think too hard about this stuff. Any weapon you use will work just fine. I just happens that some work slightly better than others.

If you want to know why this happens:
Weapons always get their enchantment bonus added to their damage, but enchantment bonus doesn't stack with bonus damage die of the same physical type on weapons. In ns4 there is almost always a bonus damage die of the same physical type on a weapon, so you almost never get that enchantment bonus damage. With shifters, they can change their enchantment bonus damage when shifting to a different physical type. If it is different than the bonus damage die that the unshifted weapon has, then it stacks because there is no longer a damage die of the same type to override it.

I wonder if this weapon enchantment stuff should be removed from the shifter guide. I like that everything is documented and easily accessible, but this is hard to explain well, seems to confuse people, and really isn't that important unless you are trying very hard to squeeze every bit of potential out of your shifter.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Yah, Rufio's right. The extra +4ish? extra damage on most hits is meaningless compared to the weapon you end up using.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Wade
Noob

Post by Wade »

Hello everyone one month from my Birthday!! I have added a new pic to real pic thread if you want to see me! came to see how everyone is it looks like everyone is still i little active :lol:

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”