Killing faction npc's

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
crippe13
Pk Bait

Killing faction npc's

Post by crippe13 »

Okay, I understand the guards, and the so called bosses. Why does everyone find it so entertaining to kill the npc's that control jobs though? I was trying to explore a little of LA, but twice today folks have killed pepin, and once the lord that gives the messenger guard! I understand the first time was by someone that didn't know these were npc's required for jobs, but both times I've been able to play today I can't test anything with these jobs and I'm getting frustrated.
Does anyone agree that this is just a form of griefing low lev chars? Or is this an accepted 'tactic' to hinder the enemy? Maybe I'm taking it wrong, and I realize from playing TC a little that jobs are a nice benefit since most factions don't have them yet, but part of creating another char in LA was to explore and test things like these jobs.
Anyone care to comment? Should pepin and job personel be made to respawn? Made invincible? Be left the way they are? Or maybe make the barracks locked to unfriendly visitors? :) Just wanted to rant and see what everyone else thought on the subject

crippe13
Pk Bait

Post by crippe13 »

It gets even better! The server finally reset, and will wonders never cease Sir Pepin didn't respawn! But the bright side is Lord Eis-a-whoever is now in the barracks and standing in front of them.... I knew messengers could be quick but he's amazing. LOL

(I vote we rename Sir Pepin to 'Kenny'. "They killed Kenny!" )

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

How about we have Sir Kenny... er Pepin also send you after Tul'gik's boots...
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

That's a classic, I'd love to see that quest again. But make it be Kenny who still runs the quest, maybe from a hut on the south hill in the crossroads area. (So that it isn't a LA quest only)
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Psycho Dordt
Looking for group

Post by Psycho Dordt »

lots of ppl who assult your home town do not know whom give teh jobs
I don’t really see much point in intelligence anyway, even at very high levels of intelligence, wizards still don’t realize it would have been smarter to be a sorcerer.

Billiard
Newbie Helper

Post by Billiard »

eh - but they know the vendors and they often killed anyway

monkey0
Noob

Post by monkey0 »

Maybe they should stop attacking me. I would like to see what they have for sale, but Pepin comes at me all like "Rarrghhhhh!" so I slapped him down.
Why is a carrot more orange than an orange?

Cam

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”