Shadow Dancer Nerf?

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Qui
Looking for group

Post by Qui »

HiPS isnt a bug or exploit.. thats how it was made... it was never SUPPOSED to be once per round.. so it deffinatly is not a bug that u can hide mroe than once a round..
"If you are 20 and not yet a communist you lack heart, If you are 30 and you are still a communist you lack rationality" ~ dont remember.

Agent Shiny
Looking for group

Post by Agent Shiny »

nerf nerf nerf nerf
let's make use of
"improve" instead hehehe =D
nerf is bad
improve is better
though the devs would prolly do the same thing...
it sounds better hehehe
~Oblivion~

Billiard
Newbie Helper

Post by Billiard »

Daltian wrote:EvilIguana966, Billiard, DV, you know squat!

Balor and dragon true seing CAN SEE HIDDEN CREATURES, since it isn't spell but creature property. Same as dragonshaped druid can see hidden creatures!

Devs didn't change it, since it cant be changed!

Um we were talking about HiPS and PvP I think - so yes a dragonshaped druid might be relevant, but they are pretty wimpy in the form so I don't think it matters for PvP (or at least they used to be). In any event, True Seeing should be True Seeing. So if it works that way for creatures it should also work that way for the spell I would think (since it emulates the creature's ability) but it does not.

Billiard
Newbie Helper

Post by Billiard »

Qui wrote:HiPS isnt a bug or exploit.. thats how it was made... it was never SUPPOSED to be once per round.. so it deffinatly is not a bug that u can hide mroe than once a round..

I don't think it is supposed to be that way according to hardcore rules, which I think is what NS4 is trying to do. There is a difference between what things are supposed to do and how Bio implemented them. Anyway, whatever the devs decide is fine - there should just be consistency and balance.

Thanos
Looking for group

Post by Thanos »

Billiard wrote:
Qui wrote:HiPS isnt a bug or exploit.. thats how it was made... it was never SUPPOSED to be once per round.. so it deffinatly is not a bug that u can hide mroe than once a round..

I don't think it is supposed to be that way according to hardcore rules, which I think is what NS4 is trying to do. There is a difference between what things are supposed to do and how Bio implemented them. Anyway, whatever the devs decide is fine - there should just be consistency and balance.

DDOG already considers it a bug/exploit. I assumme they are working on a solution now.

Just because bioware cut corners dosen't make it the true and actuall version of the rules. They took so many shortcuts.

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

Daltian: We're talking about the spell since that's the only thing PCs can get. Dragons and similar have it on them as the item property because they're just that good.

Billiard: The devs can't modify the spell descriptions without using a hak. The tlk files in a hak can add new descriptions (but can't replace, so it might not be possible to change the spell description). The True Seeing script (the spell, Daltian) was changed to be only See Invis and a Spot bonus.

The dragonshape can be modified to not have True Seeing on it if I'm not mistaken... but Shifters are on the list of things to fix.
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Billiard
Newbie Helper

Post by Billiard »

DrakhanValane wrote:Billiard: The devs can't modify the spell descriptions without using a hak. The tlk files in a hak can add new descriptions (but can't replace, so it might not be possible to change the spell description). The True Seeing script (the spell, Daltian) was changed to be only See Invis and a Spot bonus.

What I was wondering rather is why change TS to be more in line with Hardcore PnP rules but not HiPS. Anyway, I think HiPS makes for some interesting possibilities that I am currently experimenting with. It also raises the value of spot items - though I wonder which is better to take spot or listen.

Psycho Dordt
Looking for group

Post by Psycho Dordt »

Daltian wrote:EvilIguana966, Billiard, DV, you know squat!

Balor and dragon true seing CAN SEE HIDDEN CREATURES, since it isn't spell but creature property. Same as dragonshaped druid can see hidden creatures!

Devs didn't change it, since it cant be changed!

it CAN be changed look ate the Godspire Legit PvP server
I don’t really see much point in intelligence anyway, even at very high levels of intelligence, wizards still don’t realize it would have been smarter to be a sorcerer.

Joran
Spamalot

Post by Joran »

HiPS should have a fix in. This fix is not working. It will be soon.

</discussion>

=)

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”