Merchant slaying

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
lord_modred
Spam Master General

Merchant slaying

Post by lord_modred »

ive read alot on the forums about people killing merchants and people not liking this and ideas about making rules against people killing merchants and making merchants invincible... well i have an idea that to me seems much simpler...

make the merchants into bosses! thats right! it's not as if a weakling commoner would be able to amass this vast horde of magic treasures anyways, only a true and mighty avdenturer could gather such treasures! and if some enemy from another faction wants to cripple the economy of another faction, lets them try! and if they succeed, good for them! they've accomplished the feat of slaying one of the mightiest warrior-merchants in the known realm!

now to me this seems to be the most reasonable solution yet, enemies can still kill merchants, people can still buy and sell their gear, everyone wins!
"O cruel fate, floating through the void of space like gravity's plaything. O to be thusly boned. Ask not for whom the bone bones, it bones for thee."

help save world hunger!

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

And if the merchant kills the attacker they lose an item to the merchant!

(Hey! Where else would he be getting his goods to sell?)

Then make it so that there is another display case added that sells those spoils of war!
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

ATI
Spamalot

Post by ATI »

People are killing merchants now? The EQ of some people is lacking. Killing a merchant is lame, makes everyone elses day that much harder. If you feel killing merchants is a great way to make you happy, you my friend need some therapy.

My only question is why?
I've tried fire, i've tried faith, and i've tried force, all I have left is hope.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Alignment compulsions? CE, NE...
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Mokihana
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Mokihana »

attacking merchants and n00b vendors is really bad form and is looked down upon. Its just good gaming ettiquet to leave theese chars so that new players have the resources they need to start off.

Please leave the poor tired overworked merchants alone.
If it says Moki Moki Moki on the Label Label Label your gonna be in Trouble Trouble Trouble!!! :twisted:

Rokker7
Noob

Post by Rokker7 »

roflmao. people haven't killed the merchants, THE STORE ISNT OPEN. they're open from 7am - 9pm. me and eurrk'tval ran itno htat problem too. sept.. we were smart enough to figure it out.
my thoughts are commodities my lies are me. my price is a compromise my pay is peace,
and words just make it worse

dond
Newbie Helper

Post by dond »

people have been killing merchants............there was a group that went to every city to kill elvin..

Lothy
Pk Bait

Post by Lothy »

i think its ok to kill other faction's merchants.

the factions are at war. we must destroy enemy economic infrastructure to cripple their resources, thus giving us advantage to win the war.

killing merchants is called "strategy/tactics"
Hey! I'm RPGer

Roleplaying Power Gamer.

Check out my new Tow Missile!

Thanos
Looking for group

Post by Thanos »

Until merchants become beefed up or invulnerable there isn't much you can do about it.

tyrant
Noob

Post by tyrant »

I say a dead merchant is a good excuse to hmmmm.....heres a thought....defending your town. they raid...you defend..makes for an interesting challenge.

Billiard
Newbie Helper

Post by Billiard »

Even during times of war civilians are usually offlimits except for the very uncivilized. If you are playing a non-evil or perhaps a non-chaotic charcter then perhaps you need to take some alignment hits for killing other faction civilians.

Æ
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Æ »

That makes sense to me... for example, a paladin from LA shouldn't be able to tear into garagoth and kill shop keepers and other civilians, even if they attack him first, without losing the ability to gain levels as a paladin. There are other ways out of the situation (paladins can cast sanctuary can't they? if not there's plenty of invisibility potions and blue powder lying around) }: )
{FotS} Ælæressai, Forsaken Avatar Of Ckær'evlon
14 Fighter/7 Weapon Master (Rapier)/1 Rogue [LA Outcast]

:[FotS]: Ælæressai, Forsaken Avatar Of Ckær'evlon
8 Rogue/1 Fighter/1 Shadowdancer [MA]

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”