Thats unfair!

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Spooky
Pk Bait

Thats unfair!

Post by Spooky »

I just joined server 2 and started at garagoth (my starting town) when i found out Everything was dead,and i mean everything even the trader in square.Same time there were 15 dislikes and 7 likes online,which made me think we were attacked,and some ppl said that too.
The real point i that Garagoth and Menzo guards really suck comparing to other guards. 2 dwarves came into gara once and our guards couldnt even kill them while me by bad luck found myself in Melencia and didnt even count 2 seconds before i had to click respawn.Something must be done about that coz it stops low lvl ppl from leveling too,i couldnt buy healing kits or anything else till the next crash,which doesnt really save me coz ppl might be there again pwning our town..You should stop attacking everything like that untill guards are fixed as you ruin gaming experience just because some ppl happen to have guards instead of dolls... :?

Nightfall...quetly it crept in and changed us all...

Merin
Noob

Post by Merin »

LOL!! Garagoth guards are bad as hell!! Those golem looking guards and mages are though guys... They are better guards than many places have...

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Any news on the NC gaurds? Does anyone EVER try and raid NC?
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

LadyCheron
Developer

Post by LadyCheron »

All faction guards and NPCs are being overhauled in light of what the beta testing has revealed so far. Unfortunately, with Joran's move and his Internet Service Provider not yet providing internet service, many of the changes are still on the development machines.

Suggestions have already been made to the Dev team to make merchants and vendors invulnerable, so they can't be killed. The guards won't respawn as long as there are any PCs in the map, I believe. If you can reliably report that all PCs were out of the city for more than 5 minutes real time, and they STILL didn't respawn, it's a bug that should be reported.

Raids on other cities are a big part of the game. :) How many times in NS3 did you see a shout "Anyone want to do Dwarves?" Well, the dwarves are now "doing" unto others as was done to them. :lol: So is every other faction.

Advice to low level players who happen to be in town when a raid hits: either duck and cover or help buff your faction defenders. There's no shame in hiding if you're many levels lower than the attackers. And a request to players who are raiding other factions: Please do not go into the stores and kill the merchants. They're not worth your time :) Head for the bosses and the guards.

Remember how long this module took to get into open beta phase; and give us time to tweak things.

See you online...but you may not see me! :)
Berronar Truesilver, The Revered Mother
Domains: Good, Healing, Law, Protection

Billiard
Newbie Helper

Post by Billiard »

JesterOI wrote:Any news on the NC gaurds? Does anyone EVER try and raid NC?

I have raided the Eastern outpost and they are not hard at all, and the drops kind of suck! Not sure if the guards in Daeron are any harder - have not gone that far yet with a character from a different faction.

DeputyDog
Addict

Post by DeputyDog »

All of the faction guards have been overhauled and have been that way for over a week.

It depends on the class attacking weather they are hard enough it seems.

I think we need to tweak the ai a little before we beef the guards more.

They are meant to be a decent fight for lvl 15s and up

--

Going to repeat this one more time.

Factions are a stepping stone for higher lvl areas. They willnot be the hardest areas in the game, because to do this would make them un attackable - which if we did that we might as well make them invlun and pull the guards.

The guards are there as an aid to faction players to defend themselves. No as a wall of unstoppable force.
DeputyDog
Founder
Neversummer
gmcever @ gmail.com

https://www.facebook.com/neversummer4

Chimaira
Looking for group

Post by Chimaira »

LadyCheron wrote:All faction guards and NPCs are being overhauled in light of what the beta testing has revealed so far. Unfortunately, with Joran's move and his Internet Service Provider not yet providing internet service, many of the changes are still on the development machines.

Suggestions have already been made to the Dev team to make merchants and vendors invulnerable, so they can't be killed. The guards won't respawn as long as there are any PCs in the map, I believe. If you can reliably report that all PCs were out of the city for more than 5 minutes real time, and they STILL didn't respawn, it's a bug that should be reported.

Raids on other cities are a big part of the game. :) How many times in NS3 did you see a shout "Anyone want to do Dwarves?" Well, the dwarves are now "doing" unto others as was done to them. :lol: So is every other faction.

Advice to low level players who happen to be in town when a raid hits: either duck and cover or help buff your faction defenders. There's no shame in hiding if you're many levels lower than the attackers. And a request to players who are raiding other factions: Please do not go into the stores and kill the merchants. They're not worth your time :) Head for the bosses and the guards.

Remember how long this module took to get into open beta phase; and give us time to tweak things.

See you online...but you may not see me! :)

Please do not go into the stores and kill the merchants? Um do you know what the average person that even bothers to kill them is? A griefer, @#&hole or jerk. Just make them invulnerable, theres no point in making them able to be killed by PCs other then griefing other players. A bunch of em got killed by a ghaele once when I accidently wandered in the area where the dude gives you jobs, no loot, no nothing and they respawned immediatly, but who says a griefer wont have a fun time hanging around killing effies that have just started out?

Mz_Shadow
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Mz_Shadow »

Your questions have been answered.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”