Resting System Discussion

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
garrykasparov
Pk Bait

Post by garrykasparov »

I have to agree here with Chimaira with regards to balance, in that the discrepancy between mages and non-mages will only get worse with epic levels. The auto-quicken feat will essentially double the number of spells a mage can cast in a round, and auto-still will allow mages to manipulate two types of DR/DI. One potential solution is increase the available saves on items or, dare I say it, to allow certain forms of immunity. I would also point out that Dev Crit, while potentially an unfair epic feat, is really no worse than Mord/FoD spammage by a nec focus mage.

RunarSterk
Pk Bait

Post by RunarSterk »

garrykasparov wrote: I would also point out that Dev Crit, while potentially an unfair epic feat, is really no worse than Mord/FoD spammage by a nec focus mage.

Dev Crit's should to be a tougher to work for with limited magic items. You won't be able to buff up your weak stats with gear to make up for the points you need to put into STR, so you'll be exposed there.

(Not really related to the thread topic, I guess...)

KillingSheep
Noob

Post by KillingSheep »

Why should everything be so balanced anyway?

I don’t play as a mage nor do I have any inclination to ever use their classes, but I sure do like fighting / partying with them. To my knowledge I have yet to lose one pvp against a mage. They are most definitely not uber-powerful.

If a rest period is implemented for them that’s totally going to slow down our partying activities and for what? – so a couple of people can feel less pissed because they were losing challenges against lvl 20 wizards.

Hmmm, me thinks a lot of people need to work on their builds and tactics before demanding major game alterations.

Amen.

Æ
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Æ »

There goes sheep being pointlessly contradictory again...

There should be a balance because this is a setting where they players are all pitted against eachother

All i think should be done is that mages shouldn't get the same armor as fighters, so they have the physical weakness they're SUPPOSED to have in exchange for great magical power

And you're simply lying if you say they don't have an advantage, I have not been able to defeat a mage that's even a few levels lower than me, and I'm sick of this BS of getting shot down in 5 seconds by some trigger happy mage every time I spend a half hour travelling somewhere.

I'm sorry, but it's no fun when there's no chance of winning

Furthermore, once AGIAN, the mod is not complete, it's still being built, and everything's going to change, and should so it can evolve inot something better... It's SUPPOSED to change, so stop trying to argue for something incomplete and clearly unbalanced to remain the same when the whole ficken point is to get player feedback and make changes. Do't be the ignorant voice supporting the status quo... that sort of sycophant-ism tends to bring on revolution by fed up people

Have you noticed less players on the NS4 servers lately? I have...
{FotS} Ælæressai, Forsaken Avatar Of Ckær'evlon
14 Fighter/7 Weapon Master (Rapier)/1 Rogue [LA Outcast]

:[FotS]: Ælæressai, Forsaken Avatar Of Ckær'evlon
8 Rogue/1 Fighter/1 Shadowdancer [MA]

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

KillingSheep & Æ = Image

Me = 8)
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Æ
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Æ »

Don't you think that particular piece of spam is a bit played out by now Jester?

KillingSheep
Noob

Post by KillingSheep »

Æ wrote:There goes sheep being pointlessly contradictory again...

There should be a balance because this is a setting where they players are all pitted against eachother

All i think should be done is that mages shouldn't get the same armor as fighters, so they have the physical weakness they're SUPPOSED to have in exchange for great magical power

And you're simply lying if you say they don't have an advantage, I have not been able to defeat a mage that's even a few levels lower than me, and I'm sick of this BS of getting shot down in 5 seconds by some trigger happy mage every time I spend a half hour travelling somewhere.

I'm sorry, but it's no fun when there's no chance of winning

Furthermore, once AGIAN, the mod is not complete, it's still being built, and everything's going to change, and should so it can evolve inot something better... It's SUPPOSED to change, so stop trying to argue for something incomplete and clearly unbalanced to remain the same when the whole ficken point is to get player feedback and make changes. Do't be the ignorant voice supporting the status quo... that sort of sycophant-ism tends to bring on revolution by fed up people

Have you noticed less players on the NS4 servers lately? I have...

Ha ha, you die alot.

Word.

Æ
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Æ »

Keep posting your one-line answers and trying to piss people off, It won't work with me, so you're wasting your time trying to crack a greater will than your own.... and it'll just get you banned from the forums in the long run

KillingSheep
Noob

Post by KillingSheep »

Æ wrote:Keep posting your one-line answers and trying to piss people off, It won't work with me, so you're wasting your time trying to crack a greater will than your own.... and it'll just get you banned from the forums in the long run

Rich fruity farts.

Amen.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

As long as you keep responding... THAT MEANS IT'S WORKING!!!
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

Æ
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Æ »

No, it's not working, in fact i'm laughing at what common minded idiots you are and provoking you into showing even more foolishness

I live in new york, where there's a jerk born every minute, and I know people like you well, and know how to deal with them... you can't crack the surface of this man's self-esteem, but you'll keep trying with your limited intellectiaul ability... and failing

But I do SO enjoy shooting down petty little bickering pests such as yourselves, it's alot of fun for me

Now go out and meet someone to bring a little warmth into your lives and maybe you'll actually become caring and sensitive people worthy of the air you breathe
Last edited by Æ on Tue May 04, 2004 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KillingSheep
Noob

Post by KillingSheep »

Æ wrote:No, it's not working, in fact i'm laughing at what common minded idiots you are and provoking you into showing even more foolishness

I live in new york, where there's a jerk born every minute, and I know people like you well, and know how to deal with them... you can't crack the surface of this man's self-esteem, but you'll keep trying with your limited intellectiaul ability... and failing

But I do SO enjoy shooting down petty little bickering pests such as yourselves, it's alot of fun for me

Now go out and meet someone to bring a little warmth into your lives and maybe you'll actually become caring and sensitive people worth of the air you breathe

RANT RANT RANT RANT......yes it's not working.

Æ
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Æ »

I didn't think such reasonable words would get through to the common moron...

Keep showing your limited awareness of human virtue... it's really quite entertaining... you're so common

KillingSheep
Noob

Post by KillingSheep »

Æ wrote:I didn't think such reasonable words would get through to the common moron...

Keep showing your limited awareness of human virtue... it's really quite entertaining... you're so common

Thanks darling. :D

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

You know we love you Æ!!!
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”