New Guild

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
electrikfuzz050
Noob

New Guild

Post by electrikfuzz050 »

Just wondering how one goes about starting an unoffical guild.

Squikker2001
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Squikker2001 »

You don't really make an unofficial GUILD, but you can make a CULT.

You can later apply to become official, but there is a limit of 2 guilds per faction. i.e. AO has Slaves and DCN, NC has FoN and CLAD, TC has TSS, and others.

This is just my understanding of it though. The Devs and DMs would have the final word on this.
"I can't make anymore new items for 24hours since the box ate my new boots." ~ Mloki

Binkyuk
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by Binkyuk »

If you want to eventually become an official guild you must pick a single faction to belong to. If so then try posting in that faction's forum or Your Guild Here with some background and information. Once you have 5 players in it you can apply for official status.

If you only want to be a 'Cult' of characters across several factions, then posting some stuff in Unaligned or Your Guild Here is a good start.

You probably want some sort of raison d'etre or backstory, just to capture people's imagination. 'ppl that PK and pwn. lolol.' probably won't get you very far.

Daedalus
Looking for group

Post by Daedalus »

Yeah, start off with an unofficial guils and start getting people to join. This way to can see how you enjoy it and if other people do as well. It can also allow you to enter official status with some alliances or enemies :). Just once you have enough people post it in "Your Guild Here" Section and get DM approval - However you need to pick a specific faction. Currently The Circle has a vacancy, all the others have 2 guilds but some arent very popular atm and probabale could be changed - Ewoks (MA) and Dwarven Wall (RK) are soem examples. Just for note im saying this because I havent seen these guilds in a while, i could be wrong :).
Do not see madness as a curse,
More of a bitter mercy.

But a mercy none-the-less.
- Sheogorath, Morrowind

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

Daedalus wrote:Currently The Circle has a vacancy, all the others have 2 guilds but some arent very popular atm and probabale could be changed - Ewoks (MA) and Dwarven Wall (RK) are soem examples. Just for note im saying this because I havent seen these guilds in a while, i could be wrong :).

How dare ye lump us Dwarves in with the Ewoks! :evil:

On a serious note, I can confirm that geographic location does actually dictate who sees whom. I played with a completely different set of people when I was living on the east coast than who I play with now that I'm living on the west coast. Of course there are those few players whose dedication to NS4 borders on the insane... You see those players practically 24x7. :)
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Blystos Re
PKer

Post by Blystos Re »

Those guys have someone take over for the night shift, they've got to. :D

Another thing you might want to keep in mind is the other NS4 server that is due to be coming up "soon". There will probably be fewer guilds that try to dominate both servers. I can tell you that CLAD will likely not be seeking official status on the new NS4 server. I can barely keep up with one instance of my guild. :lol:
frogofpeace wrote:And we like to think of the FoN guildhall as cozy - perfect for cuddling up in our snuggies with a hot toddy after a long day of smiting.

Cthulhu Drega
Newbie Helper

Post by Cthulhu Drega »

cely wrote: Of course there are those few players whose dedication to NS4 borders on the insane... You see those players practically 24x7. :)

hey now im not insane ... yes you are .. no im not quit taking my lines ... stfu you ... bite me ... oh look a marble
"There is no great genius without some touch of madness." - Seneca

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." - Oscar Levant

blay
Noob

Post by blay »

I guess I fall into that "east coast set of ppl." eh cely?

8)

Mestophalies
Looking for group

Play times.

Post by Mestophalies »

Well Blay, I am in the same state but, since I work evening and go to college during the day. I play nights. I have to admit, you meet a lot of players from different places that way. it's nice to actually chat with some of them about stuff ouside of the game when your oh say waiting on a restart of the server.

Anyway, the best idea would be to get payers from all times zones thus making your guild and defenses truly 24/7. :wink:
Gabrial (Fists of RK) [DW]
"The Big Cheese" AKA "Kraft" AKA "Cheddar"

Flailer
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Re: Play times.

Post by Flailer »

Mestophalies wrote: Anyway, the best idea would be to get payers from all times zones

Now we're talkin'!
Flailer
NS Developer

None of us is as dumb as all of us.

cely
PKer

Post by cely »

Indeed, which is why we need blay to dust off his DW characters :) DCN is strong enough as it is, come back home and shore up the Eastern Time Zone.
cely
NS4 Server Admin
NS5 Developer (retired)

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”