looking for a diffinitive answer

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Cthulhu Drega
Newbie Helper

looking for a diffinitive answer

Post by Cthulhu Drega »

there is still mutch confuzion on wether the conjure focus feats effect BG SD and PM summons some say it does some say it doesent. so what im asking here is for zing or whoever wrote the code/scripts to post us a clear answer as the summons guide is not quite as clear as the writer had intended.

i know the necro focuses do effect these summons
i know that the death domain effect BG summons too

what we need to know is does conjure?
and does death domain effect the SD shadow?

i know this issue has been posted about before but IIRC there is no diffinitve answer in thoes either i would aslo suggest the summons guide be updated with this info to be a little more clear and end this confuzion
"There is no great genius without some touch of madness." - Seneca

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." - Oscar Levant

Zing
Developer

Post by Zing »

Want me to build toons for you aswell? :D

Seriously though. Part of the reason I have never posted a absolute difinitive guide to how the summons work is because overnight everyone will be running around with identical summons.

The present system means that players who have experimented extensively with the summons can use their experience to make the summons better.

The original summons guide gave plenty of clues to point you in the right direction.
Talos - God of Rebellion.

...zing broke you didnt he...ITS ZINGS EVIL THAT HAS BROUGHT THIS DAY....
-mgrjebbo

Cthulhu Drega
Newbie Helper

Post by Cthulhu Drega »

fine but once i have the full information i WILL post it and everyone will know
"There is no great genius without some touch of madness." - Seneca

"There's a fine line between genius and insanity. I have erased this line." - Oscar Levant

P. Fricebottle
Addict

Post by P. Fricebottle »

Zing wrote:Want me to build toons for you aswell? :D

:lol: Yes please, I'll take a level cracker PM with a whole lot of cheese.

kingfatzo
Addict

Post by kingfatzo »

Cthulhu Drega wrote:fine but once i have the full information i WILL post it and everyone will know

Zing is the man...i must say :D

I would personally advise that you do not do that .....there is such a thing as EXPERIMENTATION , or Learning for yourself .....if we handed everything to everyone on a silver platter, than a random N00b could log on and take out a well seasoned player just because they read how to do it in a book.....the forum is not a NS4 for dummies archive, nor it is it an idiots delight 101 class.......

---to add in , it took me almost 6 or 7 tries to build a cleric that was well balanced when i came to NS4 back in January ....that was hours of lost time, but i cannot look at it like that --- those were hours of experience - in understanding what DOESNT work .... eventually players reach a point where they can share builds and ideas, but giving somthing away at the getgo is silly.....

why do i advise you not to outright divulge information ? simply becuase it has always been the atmosphere to not give things away ( item locations, places to level up, ...etc...etc... see my point ?

if you feel like sharing the information you have learned with your guild or with others on a person to person basis then go right ahead, but i dont think a post which divulges somthing of which you speak will last very long, it is likely to be edited and/or censored ....and rightfully so !

Zing wrote:Seriously though. Part of the reason I have never posted a absolute difinitive guide to how the summons work is because overnight everyone will be running around with identical summons.

The present system means that players who have experimented extensively with the summons can use their experience to make the summons better.

just to quote zing and emphasize the important part :)

----oh and seriously i saw this mentioned in another post --- Please try to come up with some sort of intelligent topic, im not trying to be funny here , if a new player who is trying to do some resarch on the forum and is making use of the O GLORIOUS SEARCH ENGINE ...the name of this thread is going to throw everything off..
Fatzo
Resident Glutton and Hand of the Legendary Brethren
http://thelegendarybrethren.forumsplace.com/
http://brethren.mygameguild.com/main.asp

Zing
Developer

Post by Zing »

Cthulhu Drega wrote:fine but once i have the full information i WILL post it and everyone will know

I bet it takes me less time to alter the characteristics of the summon scripts then it does for you to type all that out :twisted:
Talos - God of Rebellion.

...zing broke you didnt he...ITS ZINGS EVIL THAT HAS BROUGHT THIS DAY....
-mgrjebbo

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

i got 3 thigs to say....

1st - PWND!!!
2nd - my mage build has taken me arround 20 times experimenting witth mixes and levelup scheemes, my rogue took me about 10 now they arent 100% perfect and my rogue is at arround 70%. now if som1 asks me what build i have for either i either tell them. mage, rogue, or pie eating noobalicious monster. there is a reason why not to divulge the specifics of a build. that includes on how to maximize efficiency on a summon.
3rd - stop whining.
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”