Merchant and Shop Hours

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Billiard
Newbie Helper

Post by Billiard »

Perhaps there is another reason shops are closed at night - maybe there could be more wandering monsters, in town even or something.

MaxOverdrive
Noob

Post by MaxOverdrive »

I agree, realism is great, but I really do not like waiting 20 minutes for a shop to open. It's very tedious. Maybe the developers could tone the time frame down a bit. Like 5 or 10 minutes instead of 20.

Max

Sagil
Pk Bait

Post by Sagil »

With so many people wishing to do business at night hours, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume that at least some merchants shift their trading hours towards night time to do better business? :roll:
I'm all in favor for some 24/7 stores (they may as well pay a little bit less for the goods they buy from you). :)
I have opinions of my own, strong opinions - but I don't always agree with them!

Keish14
Noob

Post by Keish14 »

I like the night-trader idea alot. Like a pawn shop or something. Go there and sell your stuff for a bit less then the merchant will give you and buy stuff for a bit more. I think it would be a great idea. I'm sure one of the citizens would clue in with all the adventurers standing around outside the shops muttering as they shift their heavy loot bags from shoulder to shoulder. :)
Rasik : DS : -> Northern Coalition, Cleric
Roki : DS : -> Last Alliance, Druidi

Arjento
Noob

Post by Arjento »

I also vote for the shop hours to be open 24/7.
Lomir (MIA)
The Chosen

Chard
Noob

Post by Chard »

I can sum up vendor hours really quick.

Q: What's the easiest way to suck bandwidth and processes in an online multiplay game?

A: Make people stand around doing nothing half the time they are online waiting for the shops to open.

=) there's my input

One other question I have. Whats the reasoning for the custom stores? Seems to me like a lot of work that wasn't needed. Of course I could be missing something so if I am, please, let me know.

Macifer
Noob

Post by Macifer »

My two dwarven characters are now waiting for the shop to open.

Aggravating to say the least. Now if there was something to drink in the meantime ...
-- Balin Redhammer, RK (Fighter/WPM)
-- Balin Skullstitcher, RK (Cleric)
-- Macifer LeFlexible, AO (Sorc/Cleric)
-- Macifer, LA (Wizard)

xstatk_tzar
Noob

Post by xstatk_tzar »

garrykasparov wrote:I can see that some shady black market type stores would fence loot and the like during night hours.

A great idea. and like someone else pointed out, maybe id at a slightly higher cost and buy goods back from us at reduced prices. Gods......these guys would make a killing! On second thoughts....can i be one?.....huh?....please?...can i?....awww...pretty please????
"...may you bask in glorious sunlight ever in your travels and, as you take pause and glance towards the heavens...may that passing seagull crap in yer eye!"

as always, your servant Delelorfith.

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

Chard wrote:One other question I have. Whats the reasoning for the custom stores? Seems to me like a lot of work that wasn't needed. Of course I could be missing something so if I am, please, let me know.

So that item prices can be adjusted individually based on what the devs think they should be valued (opposed to what bio says they should be valued) and so The Circle can have cheaper leather products while Ragnar's can have cheaper metal products. So item values can change as the balance between factions changes. Things like that.
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Gil-Este
Newbie Helper

Post by Gil-Este »

so that i can't sell highland crossbows for 100k cuz bioware's system is messed up, and undead plate isn't 28k despite being mediocre at best. :P
O heat, dry up my brains! Tears seven times salt
Burn out the sense and virtue of mine eyes!

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

How about those +1 dmg, +1 atk vs shapechanger throwing daggers? go ~40k :p
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

If I were a NS merchant and all the other guys closed for the night, I would stay open, charge a premium for my goods, and pay out reduced amounts when buying goods from players.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Daltian
Relic Raider

Post by Daltian »

Nice censorship there!
xXenox

Souldin
Pk Bait

Post by Souldin »

Basically, i think shops should be open 24/7 for player convenience.

Shops having down time is all good and "realistic" but i don't see a need for it..
-Once known as "Stealth"-

Souldin Reijn now adays

---

"Shutup and eat your cheese sandwitch."

---

sep caldessian
Wheres the donation box?

Post by sep caldessian »

it would be even more convenient for the players to have all the items in the mod laying all over every town. that whole "buying" stuff is realistic and all, but i dont see a need for it.

[/sarcasm]

point is, the line between realism and tedium needs to be drawn somewhere.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”