Exploiting Guards

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
YelloweFriday
Noob

Exploiting Guards

Post by YelloweFriday »

I and a feller from AO (Ryst Gate) were adventuring in the legion tunnels. Suddenly we were attacked without warning by Drow from the SL. No biggy, we slaughterd the 2 attackers ad continued on. Eventually another group came to fight us in revenge for us killings their buds (even though they attacked us). Anyways they managed to kill Ryst, but I turned on Expertise and chugged a barkskin potion and stopped fighting (they couldn't hit me at this point 34 ac). About five minutes roll around and then one of them (Loevstas) attacka drow guard and runs him from the SL base to me. I am of course sliced and diced at level 5.

Now I have absolutley no problem with being attacked by anyone of another faction (with or without warning) and dying, but to abuse the guard system like that is just wrong. I of course tried to find a DM to ask on this issue, but there wasn't one on in SL or LA servers.

Anyone else feel this way?
---------------------------------------------

Mirs Hache- Fighter of the Last Alliance

Knightwing4
Looking for group

Post by Knightwing4 »

think of it as he RPed the guard to come with him to exterminate the threat :P

Gil-Este
Newbie Helper

Post by Gil-Este »

The price Loevstar paid to bring the guard to you was a hefty one. from what i've heard posted by other people on the forum, if you attack your own faction twice then you become an outcast. so its not something that you have to worry about people doing whenever there is an invader. however, you should be prepared to fight the guards if you are wandering around in a place like the legion tunnels.
O heat, dry up my brains! Tears seven times salt
Burn out the sense and virtue of mine eyes!

YelloweFriday
Noob

Post by YelloweFriday »

There was no roleplaying here. I'm convinced by the shouting of "haha you're just mad cause I'm smarter than you".

Yes I do suppose he will pay in the end. When his own people start attacking him he'll be sorry, but it's still not cool. Heck, I said I'd leave them alone and go back to LA.

I didn't even know where I was. Legion tunnels should've thrown that to me, but I am "not as smart as Loevstar".

Sir Sean
Dungeon Master

Post by Sir Sean »

Keep in mind that SL was attacked by Axon recently. They're not too keen on seeing invaders in the tunnels right now... I know that Loevstar got pk'd several times and was upset that he couldn't stop his faction from getting invaded. (Yes, I was observing as a DM.)

If he's found a clever way to do it, so much the better. Other options are being considered.

Yellowe, if you were going to leave, why didn't you? Then the guard wouldn't have been able to attack you.

Everyone, I know that this is a faction vs. faction situation, but if someone says "Hey, I want to leave", I'd hope you'd consider backing off and letting him. Killing him isn't going to remove his memory of how to get there, after all.

Sir Sean, DM Starknight
Oghma, God of Knowledge

Nerdlor The Destroyer
Site Admin

Post by Nerdlor The Destroyer »

It was my understanding that it is intended for players to have the ability to rally guards to the cause. Maybe it was blind chance, but yesterday I was building a sorcerer issued the command "Follow Me" and the Tiefling guards started following me around the area.

Alanthaleous
Noob

Post by Alanthaleous »

Really... Ill have to remeber this when axon comes to TC again... I have blood to pay with him...

Mokihana
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Mokihana »

yes nerdlor i have experienced this too if the guards are within earshot and you issue the v menu comands vwe = attack vwf = guard me they respond. dont know if this is intentional or not but works. only one i havent seen work is heal me though.
If it says Moki Moki Moki on the Label Label Label your gonna be in Trouble Trouble Trouble!!! :twisted:

Billiard
Newbie Helper

Post by Billiard »

Hmm I could have sworn that a halfling guard healed me once.

YelloweFriday
Noob

Post by YelloweFriday »

I was in the process of leaving when he brought the guard. I tried to run got stuck in a spider web and he caught me.

Keish14
Noob

Post by Keish14 »

Ok, the fact that the guards respond to commands is pretty friggin cool. I'm gonna test that out, but I'm impresed if everything worked out that they do. Devs, I salute you! :)
Rasik : DS : -> Northern Coalition, Cleric
Roki : DS : -> Last Alliance, Druidi

Mokihana
Wheres the donation box?

Post by Mokihana »

ok i just tested this in game and....
they only do that when there is a hostile with in both your ranges of detection.

so... if you can see or hear them, and the guard can hear your command, it will work. if you cant see them but know they are there for some reason it doesnt work, and if there are no hostiles, they look at you funny.
If it says Moki Moki Moki on the Label Label Label your gonna be in Trouble Trouble Trouble!!! :twisted:

johnthebest1234
Noob

Post by johnthebest1234 »

I've seen some last alliance players exploiting the guards if a different way. The brought in members of other factions to kill the guards so they could loot them. I thought it was an attack, and that these players had come to help, but then they stood there all laughed and looted the remains. Turns out LA members are bringing in enemy faction members so they can loot our guards without losing their faction standing. Seems very wrong to me.
yea yea!

Alexiagold
Looking for group

Post by Alexiagold »

Guards should never drop loot. For ages other factions have been looting the guards when I was killing them. But as a mage I can only carry so much.

dond
Newbie Helper

Post by dond »

i think it's fine for guards to drop loot.......but they should not give XP (or incur 0XP/Gold hit when you die.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”