Scoreboard

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Zing
Developer

Scoreboard

Post by Zing »

So it's been in nearly 2 weeks and last time I looked MA, TC and RK are yet to put a single point on the board.

Thou should be ashamed!
Talos - God of Rebellion.

...zing broke you didnt he...ITS ZINGS EVIL THAT HAS BROUGHT THIS DAY....
-mgrjebbo

Ragefist
Looking for group

Post by Ragefist »

Maybe it's b/c the relic system benefitted only those factions which already had overwhelming populations . . . . . or maybe it's b/c people from those factions realize that, by and large, time spent running over hell and gone to get a relic is time that could be spent actually enjoying the game or levelling. Or maybe it's b/c all the drow, which are clearly so hard to level with that ecl of 3, sit on their relics like they're bloody dragon's eggs with genies in them that provide sensual massages on call.

Zing
Developer

Post by Zing »

Or maybe it's because the sorcerers are soft bed-wetting types, the dwarves are too drunk and the hippies too stoned to care.

Still kind of incredible for Factions which have guilds.

-mgrjebbo

Go'f

Post by Go'f »

Zing wrote:Or maybe it's because the sorcerers are soft bed-wetting types, the dwarves are too drunk and the hippies too stoned to care.

your insight often amazes me Zing :D
Last edited by Go'f on Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lordvan52681
Wiki Editor

Post by lordvan52681 »

RK is rarely on. and noone else cares about the Dorfs.

DD left MA, so now noone cares about MA. And even before they left, MA only stole for SL anyway.

TSS is too peaceful to attack anyone to try and get a relic. If they wont raid for gear, why would they raid for a relic?

MLoki
Relic Raider

Post by MLoki »

So again the question comes up, why don't relics offer "any" bonus to allied factions? It may make some factions help others to retrieve relics for at least a little piece of the Pie. Before you say but LA doesn't have any allies... remember that LA is the most often played faction and the easiest starting location and being centrally located they also have the easiest time getting to and from enemy cities. Even if that does mean they are the most raided faction perhaps they could stand up for themselves a little more instead of whining about it. Just a thought.

MLoki

Sightbringer
Noob

Post by Sightbringer »

MLoki wrote:So again the question comes up, why don't relics offer "any" bonus to allied factions? It may make some factions help others to retrieve relics for at least a little piece of the Pie. Before you say but LA doesn't have any allies... remember that LA is the most often played faction and the easiest starting location and being centrally located they also have the easiest time getting to and from enemy cities. Even if that does mean they are the most raided faction perhaps they could stand up for themselves a little more instead of whining about it. Just a thought.

MLoki

I agree with you on this Loki.

Also, tTo be fair to the NS people, they did a good job defending the relics when they got them the other day.

Elagneros
How is any of this relevant to my guild?

Post by Elagneros »

Sightbringer wrote:
Also, tTo be fair to the NS people, they did a good job defending the relics when they got them the other day.

Damn right. Right now we're doing pretty good in a close second with SL and waaaay ahead of everyone else. Of course, the whole relic system has become almost like a SL-LA game recently anyway, since both faction are so close to each other, and have the highest percentage of players that will actually bother with them. When we take them from SL, we usually have to fight for them hard, so we're going to defend them just as hard.

Oh, yes we do stand up for ourselves, but seriously, it's not fun getting hit eveytime we turn around sometimes either.
Former leader of the Legendary Brethren.
Elagneros' Excellent Equipment Emporium

Zing
Developer

Post by Zing »

If SL didn't have the relics all the time already then the allies thing might seem like a good idea.

However if I did do this to make it fair all of the default bonuses should be scaled up by say 20% each for LA'ers???

-mgrjebbo

Go'f

Post by Go'f »

Zing wrote:If SL didn't have the relics all the time already then the allies thing might seem like a good idea.

However if I did do this to make it fair all of the default bonuses should be scaled up by say 20% each for LA'ers???

huh :? ..i think I know what your saying , but the logic escapes me

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

he said if he made the allies have the xp bonus too..then since LA doesn't have allies they would get more xp bonus than anyone else.

Go'f

Post by Go'f »

Death Dealer1 wrote:he said if he made the allies have the xp bonus too..then since LA doesn't have allies they would get more xp bonus than anyone else.

Yes I understand the concept but where is the logic - why would LA need a super XP bonus for not having allies?
The lesser have allies typically have not had the bonus at all due to there inability get the numbers together to mount a raid...

Maybe instead of making it so the relic bonus is shared across allies a player could be able to load up anothers craddle - this would allow "sharing" but leave it to the players as to if they want to (this may already be possible I have not yet tried).

lordvan52681
Wiki Editor

Post by lordvan52681 »

I dont know if I like allies getting a bonus or not.

It looks like a great idea on the sirface, untill you look at the fact that the leading faction in the relic race isnt LA (who has no allies); but, rather, SL (who does). If MA also got a bonus, then it would bring out the few MA people to help, and then it would be that much harder for anyone else to get them.

On the other hand, it also might bring RK, TC, and MA out of their long slumber. I am one who wants to see this server be like it was drawn up to be; 6 even factions teamed up against one faction the same size as any 2 others together (LA). This would make for an even playing field, and much better play (In my opinion). The Bonus XP to LA does sound like a good comprimise.

Im too split on this to make an opinion, but I wanted to let y'all see how I see it.

Death Dealer1
PKer

Post by Death Dealer1 »

i don't know....the relics are fun and take care of that pesky +3ecl for drow. however they seem to be adding alot of unwanted craziness to the server sometimes....i'm just along for the ride.

MLoki
Relic Raider

Post by MLoki »

I was just thinking if allied factions get a bonus it may get more people to play the less often played factions. If factions like MA, TC and RK were to get bonuses from the more popular faction's relics then it would be easier to level there and it would be more likely that new players and characters would pop up. I also don't mind if LA got a larger bonus say +50% more (i.e. 15% with NS relic +1, up to 75% bonus with all 7) which would make them even more popular and help with new players starting off there. After all the server name is NEVERSUMMER so perhaps they should get the best bonuses and even the most players. This would certainly help them defend if their toons are getting the extra incentive to keep them.

On the same thread I know it had been discussed before but a small bonus for just having your own factions relic would make it more likely that players would strike out just to get their own relic back. Taking that first step to get relics is a tougher choice when the first one you get isn't worth anything. Perhaps it would keep certain factions from having all 7 relics most of the time. Even just 5% for your own relic might make players strike out to retrieve their faction relic more often.

MLoki

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”