summons revised

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
lordvan52681
Wiki Editor

Post by lordvan52681 »

I think you guys are making Zing imitate his avatar =P

Cluster
Wiki Editor

Post by Cluster »

I believe it was brought up before that mage spell school specialization can _only_ do what it states. This is because the chosen school cant be read from scripts, not sure on some sort of workaround for this, but the engine doesnt allow direct access to this choice.

Celorn
Relic Raider

Post by Celorn »

Kromix wrote:no clue if this has been looked at, BUT i do know for a fact that ALL summons summoned during battle do not get the buffs...

is it supposed to be this way? because if your summon gets tanked out, then the only way you can summon up another one is to run away untill battle music stops, then summon again, or it will summon upa debuffed creature... this is for both, living, and undead summons, even planar... ;)

it helps to read Dev posts (http://www.nsrealm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?p=30426#30426):
From what Zing wrote:-Bonuses are NOT applied when summon spells are cast during combat.

and it makes sense, if you're summoning in the heat of battle, you wouldn't have the focus to make it stronger.
ImageImage

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

what about the cleric death domain summon? death domains gives a sumon ability...
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

AggieDan
Looking for group

Post by AggieDan »

Kromix wrote:what about the cleric death domain summon? death domains gives a sumon ability...
Again, from the posted documentation :

-Undead summons receive a stat bonus when cast by a Cleric with the Death Domain Power feat.

KST_HAVOK
Wheres the donation box?

Post by KST_HAVOK »

ow owned 2wice

Kromix
Addict

Post by Kromix »

AggieDan wrote:
Kromix wrote:what about the cleric death domain summon? death domains gives a sumon ability...
Again, from the posted documentation :

-Undead summons receive a stat bonus when cast by a Cleric with the Death Domain Power feat.

GAHHH!!! nooo the Summon given by the Domain... an ability!!! Death clerics get a SUMON and it does not cast... a SPELL!!!! this has nothing to do with the documentation...

as it reads...

Death
Clerics who take the Death domain can summon an enhanced shadow
and gain spells related to death and dying.

Domain Special Abilities: Negative Plane Avatar - The cleric is able to
summon a shadow that gains in power as the cleric advances.
Bonus Spells
Level 4 Phantasmal Killer
Level 5 Enervation

that summon it does not work! its broken... lol
Image Image
TGPO wrote: Call me a nazi all you want [...] it wont change the way I approach things.

Myrdyr
Newbie Helper

Post by Myrdyr »

Shadow dancer summons unaffected? Why not add to the article that familiars and animal companions are disabled too for completeness?

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”