Solving the PVP dispute

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Okie Christ
Noob

Solving the PVP dispute

Post by Okie Christ »

Okey, Apperently no one can find any solid grounds on how pvp should be run in NS4... I think I can solve that problem right here, and right now...

I would like to just throw this idea out there...
There are no PVP rules...

Okey If anyone here was around in the hight of fun in NS3 you would know, there was just rampage pvp... And it was the most fun I have ever had in this expansion filled game.

As for disarming... I think that the disarmer needs to have a legitamit reason to disarm... Like the weapon they are stealing is better than theres, Or it looks pretty.. but nothing stupid

I mean I recall instances where 8 sexy geeks would chase one okie and get ambushed by about 12 of them... Can you honostly say that wouldent be fun and not feel that your tongue is going to rot out?
The Okie God loves us all

deathdearler1
Newbie Helper

Post by deathdearler1 »

well, leave it to the okies to come up with an oldy but a goody.
when death comes for you and you are not afraid, if he asks why tell him you met me

Okie Christ
Noob

Post by Okie Christ »

*takes a bow*

choitnaa
Noob

Post by choitnaa »

okie christ = joke

AggieDan
Looking for group

Re: Solving the PVP dispute

Post by AggieDan »

Okie Christ wrote:As for disarming... I think that the disarmer needs to have a legitamit reason to disarm... Like the weapon they are stealing is better than theres, Or it looks pretty.. but nothing stupid

The reason I do disarm?

Their weapon HURTS! Knock it out of their hands pick it up to place in my pack. Keep fighting them. If they don't whip out a new weapon, they end up trying to fight me unarmed. I get an extra attack of opportunity

And with a fighter/wm build it is one of the best things that you can do to save yourself.

In many situations where I rush into battle, I queue up Called Shot : Legs, Called Shot : Arms, Improved Knockdown, Improved Disarm. Called Shot : Arms is really optional. But, if I can get the Legs (helpful), Knockdown (most desired) and Disarm (a nice bonus if they wield something that hurts) then I can sometimes have a good chance in battle.

JooLs
Noob

Post by JooLs »

christ......you really crack me up......HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
IM BAAAAAACK!!!!!!! I'll see your lame [censored] in the field okie and remember you okies are my [censored]!
Sig/Avatar by Portanas

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

*looks at random dudes sig*

hey you know how portanas is? last i heard o fhim he dropped out of the internet nearly a year ago due to carpal tunnel.
Type post, tab tab enter, wait 4page 2 load, shift+tab tab enter, REPEAT!!!

Terminal Insanity
Newbie Helper

Post by Terminal Insanity »

Okie Christ wrote:I would like to just throw this idea out there...
There are no PVP rules...

Besides not killing in avendell and rift shards, thats prety much what i HAVE been doing for the past.... 4 or 5 months? probably longer...

And as for that ambush thing, yes it is fun, shame though, you wont get away with it.
If that ever happens, you'll get hit for harassment now... theres the "good" guys and then theres the "bad" guys... the bad guys will be punished
the good guys are allowed to break alot of the rules to kill the "bad" guys

just how it is nowdays... no point in realy playing till the player base gets recycled again, or alot of old players come back

Terminal Insanity
Newbie Helper

Post by Terminal Insanity »

oh... and,

it cant be done with the new players
my first day back in 2 months and my first pk was 'player harassment'... still waiting for that ban btw

the new players grew up in their own world since everyone left... they made their own rules based on their collective crying and now DMs follow their rules

I remember a time when you could kill anyone that attacks you, dispite their level, now you're supposed to ignore them
I remember a time when you could take over an area, now you have to keep moving
I remember a time when you could kill the same idiot as many times as he feels the need to keep coming back for more, now you have to hope he can't find you a second/third time and then accuse you of harassment when you kill him

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Claiming ownership over a bottleneck and charging a toll is fun... As long as it's all within reason.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

MLoki
Relic Raider

Post by MLoki »

yeah but if the area you are taking over happens to be Neversummer city Merchant Quarter and camp there for several hours then I can see that as harrasing the N00bs. Yeah you aren't camping the actual spawn sight but low end characters don't have an option to go around you to get out of the city. Older players just grab another character and move on but new players tend to leave the mod and not come back because of things like that. Perhaps there should be some kid of level restriction on PKing similiar to the xp restriction. Make it work both ways and you won't get lower level characters harrassing you to fight. I'm just sad their aren't any slavers around anymore to put bounties on.

Tank

Okie Christ
Noob

Post by Okie Christ »

I'm so sorry, I'll never do it again.

..... The phrase you just witnessed is what got me threw ns3 without getting banned, Take heed of its power people.

PeregrineV
Relic Raider

XP for PK

Post by PeregrineV »

If you kill another player, do you get xp for that?

Why or why not?

And is it true that there is no xp penalty when respawning from being PKed?

Thanks!

Yonwe
Glorious Leader

Post by Yonwe »

You don't get XP for killing players, and you don't lose it for being killed; so if someone gets you, don't worry about respawning. There are a variety of bugs which can result in a loss of XP when used in PvP, but they are bugs and therefore against the rules; ergo, if you respawn in PvP and lose XP, post it here to let us know about it.
~DM Yonwe
Lolth - Goddess of the Drow
Velsharoon - God of Undeath

ihuntudown
Wheres the donation box?

Post by ihuntudown »

you still loose xp if being killed by a summoned creature from another player.
Tested that few days ago, so the bug isn't fixed

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”