W.O.W is here, goodbye NS4 and NWN

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Alrahur
Noob

Post by Alrahur »

DrakhanValane wrote:
TheBestDeception wrote:Seriously...I've seen better graphics on the Cartoon Network than those that WoW uses...how can y'all even stand to play such? (Hype can only keep you on a game so long...)

I didn't know that was possible! Worse than Cartoon Network? *shudder* Cartoons these days have no soul...

LOL, WoW got pretty good graphics compared to requiments, modeling isnt on Doom3's level, but its good enough to able roll big number of players on screen with even older PC. And whole take scores with playability, its easy to adapt so sells for growds! :twisted:

As for cartoons havent watched for long time any expect Simpsons, South Park. Dont know about SP soul, but it has just sick aproach to things for keeping you entertained. :)

bongoblue
Newbie Helper

Post by bongoblue »

TheBestDeception wrote:Seriously...I've seen better graphics on the Cartoon Network than those that WoW uses...how can y'all even stand to play such? (Hype can only keep you on a game so long...)

Really ?

EQ ground tends to move, and there is no earthquake. The tress are 'pretend' 3D.

I find the armor in WoW to be kinda comic book in look, I mean the upper level gear. The newbie armor tarnished chain looks rather normal.

There are things good and bad about the interface and action in EQ and WoW. Too bad both cannot dump the parts that don't work well.

But Wow has a lousy movement for its toons. Why its so bad after all the good ones that are available I have no idea.

Cartoon Network does play animes at night.

I like .hack/sign and in the day time I sometimes watch Sponge Bob !

If you want to see some old really badly done cartoons, watch Boomerang Channel. And see the wonders of Deputy Dog and other surreal items from the 1970s.

I prefer the older Bugs Bunny myself. The new one isn't drawn well.
Searching for eternity, dreaming, for the key to open twilight.
- - - -
Jollyblue/Bongoblue blog NS3 and NS4 site updated November 24, 2004

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

Anime does not equal good. Anime can be done well, but there's an equal amount of bad anime as bad american cartoons. :) I mean, Star Blazers (late 70's, early 80's) wasn't the best done stuff, but the show had soul. Especially the Comet Empire.
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Alrahur
Noob

Post by Alrahur »

If you want graphic you pick EQ2, if you want great gameplay you pick WoW, simple as that i gues, personally i tested WoW for hour and i was sold. EQ2 just has all memory leaks and staff, not really suitable on newest computers even, wonder what it require to get setting highest. :/

bongoblue
Newbie Helper

Post by bongoblue »

I was logged in on WoW late one night this past weekend.

There is a /dance command.

In EQ 1, its more just some text that says our character is dancing, but in WoW... I walking into an Inn and there was a group of toons doing a dance to the background music of the inn. It wasn't no two step neither.

So I walked outside, and there was a Night Elf, one of the good guys, bouncing down the road like a bunny rabbit.

I was laughing too much to game then, so I logged out.

You just don't see that in EQ 1.
- - - -

Acara
Pk Bait

Post by Acara »

Amiga has better graphics

bongoblue
Newbie Helper

Post by bongoblue »

Yeah I know the Amiga computer does. I have owned one since 1988. I have three A500s, an old A1000, and an A3000. With the old CMB rgb monitors.

But the ones I have need repairs, and there aren't any repair places anymore. Well, within reasonable distances. Or at prices I can afford.
- - - -

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”