Shifter Question

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Epistaxis
Looking for group

Post by Epistaxis »

You are right, and I think a quick and maybe easy solution is to change the save script to not save the char when shifted. I noticed today that you can get 100% dam immunity from various types of weapons. Killed a dragon in Sleeth in kobold shape. The dragon could not harm with other stuff than the breath.

The risen lord is bugged in a way where you instead loose all damage immunities when saved which is why the drows managed to kill me twice in risen lord shape.

I am not sure if the devs are changing the save function at the moment or it is a bug. My char is suddenly not saved anymore when i pickup loot or changing areas while shifted. I saw this happen last friday as well while I was playing. It solves most of the problem as you have to wait for someone to logoff/logon to get saved.

I would prefer to have the save bug fixed. Not that I do not like the exploit but it is annyoing to logoff/logon all the time, especially when you are in a group.

Epistaxis
Looking for group

Post by Epistaxis »

TheBestDeception wrote:Problem is, people can get pissy (*cough* Frum) when you walk around in caster form immune to sneaks, crits, mind spells, paralysis...

On the other hand, it is entirely unrealistic to expect shifters or druids to log eveytime they unshift...guess its up to bioware to make a quick fix.

Hmmm, I wonder if the same is true with wizards/sorceres using polymorph and shapechange. If this is the case then rouges are going to have a hard time fighting high level wiz/sor/druid/shifters.

trent
Newbie Helper

Post by trent »

I WASN'T PISSY ..... just confused lol i see you there all exposed looking ayafrom your dragon form and decitde to take a shot at ya and couldn't understand how you where immune to sneak attack ....... didn't mean to make a fuss

Throst54
Addict

Post by Throst54 »

Epistaxis wrote:
TheBestDeception wrote:Problem is, people can get pissy (*cough* Frum) when you walk around in caster form immune to sneaks, crits, mind spells, paralysis...

On the other hand, it is entirely unrealistic to expect shifters or druids to log eveytime they unshift...guess its up to bioware to make a quick fix.

Hmmm, I wonder if the same is true with wizards/sorceres using polymorph and shapechange. If this is the case then rouges are going to have a hard time fighting high level wiz/sor/druid/shifters.

then again, rogues generally have a hard time fighting much of anything by themselves....
Type post, tab tab enter, wait 4page 2 load, shift+tab tab enter, REPEAT!!!

Faith
Pk Bait

Post by Faith »

I HATE PICKLES!

Risen
Pk Bait

Post by Risen »

Throst54 wrote:then again, rogues generally have a hard time fighting much of anything by themselves....

I've been partying with Frum, and I gota say, he can fight pretty well for a rogue. He can deal out damage as good as anyone, and HIPS makes him pretty potent in my books. Against NPCs anyway. ;)

Spooky
Pk Bait

Post by Spooky »

actually my first question was what would be best to gain some max ab with my build:P but all these are pretty useful since i will try playing a shifter once...as for ab anyone can help?

Nightfall...quetly it crept in and changed us all...

Arashi
Noob

Post by Arashi »

Your ab depends on the shape...your strength doesnt matter because the strength of the shape you change into will be different than your natural str.

If you cast things like bulls strength on yourself before you shift it will help some.

Arashi

TheBestDeception
Developer

Post by TheBestDeception »

Spooky wrote:actually my first question was what would be best to gain some max ab with my build:P but all these are pretty useful since i will try playing a shifter once...as for ab anyone can help?

Maximize your BAB by only taking levels of Druid and Shifter in multiples of 4. For example: Druid 5/Shifter 15 will end up with 14 BAB, vs. a Druid 8 / Shifter 12's 15. Also, adding pre-epic Barbarian or Ranger will let you get that 100% BAB progression...with Barb being the seemingly better choice, as one could rage while shifted. Again, if these are added be sure the druid and shifter are in multiples of 4.

So, if a mere 4 pre-epic barb or ranger are added, you will gain 4 attacks at 20 with a 16 BAB.

It is true str does not matter, though remember some shapes merge items while others dont. I am not too familiar with them to know which does what.

Hope that helps some!

Epistaxis
Looking for group

Post by Epistaxis »

You will need a high str if you are gonna use the kobold as it only replace your dex and con. My shifter with only 10 str has huge problems with the kobold shape because of this, I need to discard any unneeded equipment ;)

The kobold has the best ab of all the shapes as it has weaponfiness and a huge dex. Your dex boots adds to the kobolds dex and increase both your ab and ac. You may be able to find a wiz/bard that will trade allot of cats grace potion to further increase your ac/ab :)

You can also gather allot of "staff of the mountain" as the greater bull str stack with the druids regular bull str. This will add about +10 str to your shapes and will give you a descent ab but you will begin to hate all the NPC spell casters that cast dispell on yea ;)

Epistaxis
Looking for group

Post by Epistaxis »

TheBestDeception wrote:
Spooky wrote:So, if a mere 4 pre-epic barb or ranger are added, you will gain 4 attacks at 20 with a 16 BAB.

That is true but the fourth attack is with -12 tohit and will rarely hit any of the tougher critters of Neversummer. My shifter got +15 base attack and only three attacks but the third attack allmost allways miss unless I roll a 20 against any of the guards of the factions :(

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”