Restoration and Level Drain

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
HealingBreeze
Pk Bait

Post by HealingBreeze »

Same thing here, usually no probs, though isn't there a bug regarding Plane-Touched PvP's?

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

HealingBreeze wrote:Just go fight a random person you know can kill you. Odds are they'll attack back. Hell, depending on how low a level you're drained to, a newbie could kill you. Of course, that might be bad for your reputation, being pwned by a lv2...

What seems to be my problem with that, aside from the embarrasment and difficulty in finding a player, would be that even with lvl drain my ab seems to be decent, and all that's really affected are skills(which go from like 40 to -50 :/ )
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

No bug. It's supposed to be that way. They even stll lose xp when raised or es'd. That's the way it is supposed to be. Why? dunno, ask the devs.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Murkill
Noob

Post by Murkill »

But why should you have to go through all this trouble to get a level drain off you, i mean getting people to kill? I'm sorry but I don't see that as a challenge, it's just inconvinient in an annoying way that takes away from the playing experience, in my opinion it takes away from the world.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Isn't it possible to remove level drain at an earlier level by killing and raising someone than being able to use greater restore?
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

What you can do Murkill: There's a thread about restore/heal and how they now work, search that out to find out how it works now (don't quite recall at the moment).

Then make suggestions:
On hit: level drain I thought was gone, it's engine and does a lot of undesirable things. Spells: there's Enervation and Energy Drain, level 4 and 9. I want them to have their uses and be very useful in certain circumstances, but not be the answer to everything.

How should these work (remember negative energy protection as well)? What's a way to do these effects that makes them useful in high levels, but not annoying in low levels?

NPCs that heal and cure drains, curses, afflictions will be in someday.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Still isn't the restore spell that is strong enough to remove level drain a level 6 spell, while killing someone and raising them to get rid of the level drain only requires a spell level 5?
LVL 69 LFGS!!!

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

Unless there's been a pretty recent change, vampires near the nc outposts that punch still do on hit lvl drain, and so does the ghost in the hallowtop crypt entrance(entrance to mordekai's tomb areas)
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

Murkill
Noob

Post by Murkill »

Lokey wrote:
NPCs that heal and cure drains, curses, afflictions will be in someday.

Ok that's good to hear, I'll check out the restore/heal thread also, and see if I can suggest anyhting.

HealingBreeze
Pk Bait

Post by HealingBreeze »

JesterOI wrote:
No bug. It's supposed to be that way. They even stll lose xp when raised or es'd. That's the way it is supposed to be. Why? dunno, ask the devs.

I meant where a Plane-Touched kills you, a non-plane-touched, and you recieve a respawn penalty. I'm pretty sure that happens sometimes, doesn't it?

TheBestDeception
Developer

Post by TheBestDeception »

AndrewCarr wrote:Unless there's been a pretty recent change, vampires near the nc outposts that punch still do on hit lvl drain, and so does the ghost in the hallowtop crypt entrance(entrance to mordekai's tomb areas)

Yes, my cleric -1 / Bard 0 / Arcane Archer 1 agrees that there is a problem with onhit level drain.

nargileh
Pk Bait

Post by nargileh »

lord_modred wrote:it's a more powerful curse than others and there fore requires a more powerful remedy to cure it.

nice abstract theory, in NS4 'reality' the remedy which gets used most is simply getting pkilled to get rid of it... Could anyone describe how a greater restoration potion/ scroll looks like? never seen em... they're even rarer then raise dead scrolls.

Brennan068
Looking for group

Post by Brennan068 »

Greater restore cannot be made into potions so I presume that there are none that drop. The scrolls are like res, they require a cleric to cast. I think that most people just don't ask for the greater restore because I suspect any cleric that is running around resing folk would just as likely cast a gr on people that need it. Of course, most people that need gr are lowbies who are better off getting pk'd and respawning to clear it.

satantrik
Developer

Post by satantrik »

I really like how level drain and curse are permanent and require greater restore. Put the fear and awe back into some of those undead and spells.

I think level drain and curse should be permanent across death somehow. If this were put in place the simple "restore" spell should restore 1 negative level and 1 level of ability score drain from curse (1 from each until cured).

DrakhanValane
Arrogant Snob
Location: Five Minutes Before the End of Eternity (or Maryland, take your pick)

Post by DrakhanValane »

Curse: Don't forget "Remove Curse" :)
If you tilt your head far enough and squint hard enough, anything becomes as simple or complex as you'd like--regardless of whether it is or not. -- A lesson learned from Stephen Wolfram's A New Kind of Science

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”