p/k'ing

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
kiros
Noob

Post by kiros »

In the pen and paper game, longswords can be wielded with two hands... it is useful when your shield is destroyed in a fight; or when you need to inflict bonus damage (because you add 1.5 your str bonus on a two handed weapon)
"And now, may I make a right choice to change the evil fate of this unhappy day"
-Aragorn son of Arathorn
### Furion Whitehorn - Cleric (RK) ### Eledril Agurindar - Ranger/Rogue (LA)

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

In my pnp experience the hand-and-half sword was usually the bastardsword.
The longsword was almost always used as only a one-hander.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Kell Of Neversummer
Pk Bait

Post by Kell Of Neversummer »

True, Jester. All I was pointing out is that it doesn't have to be that way.

One of the players in my PnP group regularly wields whatever weapon he is using two-handed. The DM's put limits on it when it doesn't make sense (like wielding an arrow 2-handed in combat).

kiros
Noob

Post by kiros »

In the 2nd edition, the [censored] sword and the likes (ex Claymore) could be worn with one or two hands changing the damage type (one-handed: 1d8; two-hand: 1d10).

In the 3rd edition of DnD (which is used in NWN) and in the 3.5 ed, [censored] sword are two-hand weapons that can be used one-handed with the exotic weap prof feat. The advantage being using a weapon as strong as a two-handed but using only one hand.

Also, with the 3rd edition rules, the one/two hand(s) required depends on your character size and proficiencies for exotic weapons. With a medium-sized char, a medium weapon can be used both ways. Though I'm not sure, I believe you can also do it with small weapons. And finally, weapons larger than your character size must be wielded with two hands.
"And now, may I make a right choice to change the evil fate of this unhappy day"
-Aragorn son of Arathorn
### Furion Whitehorn - Cleric (RK) ### Eledril Agurindar - Ranger/Rogue (LA)

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”