druid/cleric build

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Uber_Hoser
Pk Bait

druid/cleric build

Post by Uber_Hoser »

I don't know if this is a bug but here goes:

base stats: Shield Dwarf
14 - str
08 - dex
15 - con
14 - int
17 - wis
06 - chr

Right now I am a 1/1 druid/cleric

When I have 2 druid 1st lvl spells memmed, I can only have 1 cleric 1st lvl spell memmed (out of a total of 3 cleric 1st lvl). If i try to mem more cleric spells (different ones) my 1st lvl druid spell slots go blank..

Why is that? Is the game only allowing me 3 1st lvl spells no matter what ?
Gotrek TrollSlayer - RK Barbarian/Fighter/Weapon Master
Grace StoneMender - RK Cleric - OUTCAST
Bun Bun - NS Fighter/Wizard

DIE NERD BOY... KA-CLICK !

DaXGS
Noob

Post by DaXGS »

what your saying is very strange, because i have no problem with it. Im a dwarven druid/cleric also and have had no problems with spells and have 4 lvl1 druid spells, and 3 lvl 1 cleric spells.

Maybe your character is bugged or something.
Drinks tons of ale and becomes a nature lover

Goliath - Dwarven Shaman

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

Sounds like a bioware bug, just guessing.
Maybe take a look at your gear?
Just nit-picking, but why 15 con? Why not only 14 or at most 16? Odd number are such a waste.
Either go 16 initial wis or 18.
Considering NS I would go 16 at creation. Use the extra points to base out my dex ac, and maybe add to str for extra carry weight or int for more skill points.
Anyway, odd attribute points at creation are a waste as far as I'm concerned.
Unless it's strength if you have an extra point somehow, 1 extra point in str is always good because it's always useful for more carrying wieght.
Cha should always be min'd unless your class can use it for saves or spell levels.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

IcemanXV
Newbie Helper

Post by IcemanXV »

JesterOI wrote:Just nit-picking, but why 15 con? Why not only 14 or at most 16?

The nice thing in NS is that items give both odd and even amounts of stats. Alot of imbued items give a +5 to stat boosts. Meaning when you get these items it will give you the extra +1 needed to break the next even number and bonus.

My druid started with 15 Con as well, so when I put on an imbued belt with 5 con, it gave me 20. All the other belts i ran into with +4 con had +1 regen, but I'd rather cast extended regen on myself and have 19 More hp :)

Agent Shiny
Looking for group

Post by Agent Shiny »

druid - cleric.... though u wont get the maximize spells from the class... but its ok...
~Oblivion~

Uber_Hoser
Pk Bait

Post by Uber_Hoser »

Well I am looking for this build to be like a Thor character... with the druid call lightning/chain, and having cleric domain of air... :)

ZAPPPP !

But again, this is beta, so it is all in good exploration of character builds. I have a lvl 18 cleric that is ok on 1 vs 2 odds on RK guards for example, but more than 2 and I am in trouble.... I like the druid stonecast (?) ability :)

All, well the bug seems to be kinda about having summons from both cleric and druid memmed..re lvl 1 summons for cleric/druid.. it seems to get confused.. So I dont do that...:) Right now Grace StormBringer is in the Black Hills, trying to get to lvl 5 druid before I go back to upping my cleric levels.

Grace Stonemender is now an outcast from RK, trying to gain enough levels to kill Tag and Lag and get Lag(?) hammer :)

Shiny, what do you mean ?
Gotrek TrollSlayer - RK Barbarian/Fighter/Weapon Master
Grace StoneMender - RK Cleric - OUTCAST
Bun Bun - NS Fighter/Wizard

DIE NERD BOY... KA-CLICK !

-=Mushra=-
Noob

Post by -=Mushra=- »

tbh you are all a lil single minded with builds going from 15 to 16 often costs either 2 or 3 points, while when you take 15 of something you can go from 10 to 13 on another stat while gaining levels also gives you points, wich yu can give to the 15 stats.

or indeed use items, but its a waste taking 16 instead of 15 cause of the costs it takes to make it 16 etc etc youll figure that out sometime...sooner or later ....probeble later

AlienOverlord
Pk Bait

Post by AlienOverlord »

Yeah, took me a while, but you have to realize that if you max any stat you better be spending every level up on that stat or else it was a waste to max it in the beginning as you could have saved 3 points and boosted whatever else needed boosting.

As an example, I made a two weapon fighter and wanted high str and so maxed it at 18. I put 13 into dex, but later realized I needed 15 for ITWF. Now I would have to waste two level ups on dex boost and end up at level 20 with str 21 and dex 15, where had I started with str 17 I would have enough points to boost dex to 15 and all level ups could go to str ending with str 22 and dex 15.

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

IcemanXV wrote:

The nice thing in NS is that items give both odd and even amounts of stats. Alot of imbued items give a +5 to stat boosts. Meaning when you get these items it will give you the extra +1 needed to break the next even number and bonus.

My druid started with 15 Con as well, so when I put on an imbued belt with 5 con, it gave me 20. All the other belts i ran into with +4 con had +1 regen, but I'd rather cast extended regen on myself and have 19 More hp :)

True, but there is a belt that's dropped commonly like those ones that has +4 con, +3 fort saves, +1 regen, which i'd rather choose instead of an extra 25ish hp(in my case)
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

IcemanXV
Newbie Helper

Post by IcemanXV »

AndrewCarr wrote:
IcemanXV wrote:

True, but there is a belt that's dropped commonly like those ones that has +4 con, +3 fort saves, +1 regen, which i'd rather choose instead of an extra 25ish hp(in my case)

My Saves are already pretty good as a druid. Fully Buffed I believe my saves are around 23/13/25. That extra con point gives me +1 fort saves anyway, along with the extra hp.

I'd rather have the extra HP, because when it comes down to it, damage is what kills me, not death spells and the like. I have a high fort plus I can cast death ward. In a fighter's case I'd obviously take the saves and regen over a +1 con boost. Druids don't get endurance like clerics and mages, so every con point counts on gear.

I don't know how common the belt you speak of drops. I have found plenty of Imbued belts and I only run into the variety with +4 con +1 regen and +5 to (taunt and parry)skill. Even if I found it I cannot give it to my fighter who resides on server 4 at the moment.

AndrewCarr
Spamalot

Post by AndrewCarr »

Looks like server 4's been up for awhile(noticing 3 NS servers now, instead of 2 and a dead one)

But yeah, i've seen this belt drop 2x. Once it went to a party member, the other time i was luckily solo. So it seems a bit more rare than the imbued ones, although I don't mob hunt too much so i'm sure it could be gotten in a day or so.
Lindon Erithar
and
Quickie Mart the <a href='http://www.cultofokie.com'>Okie Ambassador</a>

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”