servers 3 and 4

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Danhalen
Noob

servers 3 and 4

Post by Danhalen »

where are they? i know server 3 is always down, but where is 4? i finally bound there so i can play, and now it's gone. gotta go, gettin' the shakes. do you think methadone works for NS withdraw?

Qui
Looking for group

Post by Qui »

vicadin cures all ills
"If you are 20 and not yet a communist you lack heart, If you are 30 and you are still a communist you lack rationality" ~ dont remember.

LadyCheron
Developer

Post by LadyCheron »

No word yet from the server Admin as to what the problem is or when it will be fixed. :( Once I hear something, I'll post it.

Danhalen
Noob

Post by Danhalen »

LadyCheron wrote:No word yet from the server Admin as to what the problem is or when it will be fixed. :( Once I hear something, I'll post it.
this is a prime example of why the devs and dms are the best out of all the other mods out there, they care. thanks for taking the time to let me know that you are keeping an eye on it.

LadyCheron
Developer

Post by LadyCheron »

Well, Lokey has posted an update. See the Announcements at the top of this forum.

Lunas
Pk Bait

Post by Lunas »

well this os change depends on what os your going to if your going to windows 9x from 2k that is a huge nerf if your going from 2k to linux that is only a nerf for those who have to work on it if it is going to xp then it is a little bit of a nerf but still over all an upgrade as it has better memory management than 2k and any thing even dos has better memory management than 9x :lol:
the Okie of Peace and Love
NS4
Snach Alot (Okie ambassador)9
Atomos (Okie Ambassador)10
Yoko Kurama(Okie Ambassador)1
NS3 pre/wipe
Sesshoumaru the Aristocratic Assassin
Naomi Armitage
Ross Silybis
Yoko Kurama

Terminal Insanity
Newbie Helper

Post by Terminal Insanity »

win95 and 98 have HORRIBLE support for system memory, and not to mention memory leaks everywhere

I would suggest 2k if you want to stay in the windows platform... i know Joran is fond of his dotNET =/
XP is mostly about gui look and feel... and that doesnt matter much on a server... it also wastes alot of resources on itself

Moving to linux in not a nurf =) It shall set you free! =)

LadyCheron
Developer

Post by LadyCheron »

I heard they're planning on Win 2003 Server, for the improved remote admin functions, etc. None of the dev team wants to learn Linux as intensively as would be needed to host the mod - they want to spend their time working on the mod. ;)

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Joran and DD both run Linux boxes and we'd love to use it, it's the Linux NWN server that presents the problems.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

QuickLightning
Pk Bait

Post by QuickLightning »

how come server 4 wasn't merged for the timebeing also?

Lework
Looking for group

Post by Lework »

not to bother the devs but is there an ETA on server 3?

Ace Dragonfury
Noob

Post by Ace Dragonfury »

Yes oh great ones, if its going to be a while will server 2 host server 4 ?

like 1 does with 3? or is that not an option ?

LadyCheron
Developer

Post by LadyCheron »

Per Lokey's announcement, they are planning to replace the power supply this week. There are no plans at the moment to merge the server 2 & 4 areas - or if there are plans, I have not heard about them.

QuickLightning
Pk Bait

Post by QuickLightning »

though I know it is out of their control (with the power supply failures and all) but damn thats annoying....those things are like brand new too aren't they?

JesterOI
Resident Spam King

Post by JesterOI »

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=17-103-408&depa=0
What I use. Nice amount of amps on the 12v rail, 26 amps (A must have for newer cpu's). My system is rock solid now, before with the crappy case psu I had it was restarting every hour or so, or whenever any real cpu power was used.

Most cases come with a psu, but they are junk, do yourself a favour and get rid of it (throw away, preferably at your local haz mat center). Always go with a brand name psu like Antec or Enermax, they make good psu's.
LVL 69 LFGS!!!
The Hasselhoff 4 3v3r!!! Metis n3v3r!!!

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”