NS4 going PvM only?

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: NS4 going PvM only?

Post by mining »

My general rule for a Tep post: Take it at face value, don't read into it. He certainly doesn't.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

nulesi
Noob

Post by nulesi »

Storm has more than one account, I saw it yesterday. Not insisting that he dual logs PvP, because I don't really remember offhand. But don't say crap that isn't accurate as a weak reason to insist someone doesn't do it. I'm here for the truth, not for bashing any individual (except maybe Korr).
Bargeld. For the record, I have never duel-logged and never will. Hell...I do not even know how all that works. If you are not sure, please don't say it. If anything just ask me when I am online....I would be strait with you.
This is a great example of how some people can get bent out of shape for something that is not even happening in the first place.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

nulesi wrote:
Storm has more than one account, I saw it yesterday. Not insisting that he dual logs PvP, because I don't really remember offhand. But don't say crap that isn't accurate as a weak reason to insist someone doesn't do it. I'm here for the truth, not for bashing any individual (except maybe Korr).
Bargeld. For the record, I have never duel-logged and never will. Hell...I do not even know how all that works. If you are not sure, please don't say it. If anything just ask me when I am online....I would be strait with you.
This is a great example of how some people can get bent out of shape for something that is not even happening in the first place.
At this stage I think we'd gain a lot from a simple "I dual log in X" thread, where we can actually see *who* dual logs.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

mining wrote:At this stage I think we'd gain a lot from a simple "I dual log in X" thread, where we can actually see *who* dual logs.
Twig sometimes dual digs for boogers, does this count ? . Ohh but only when barefoot, if that makes a differance.
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

Monkey
Pk Bait

Post by Monkey »

Props to the DMs... they've been on a lot the last few days. It's been a lot of fun leveling with them and fighting their imaginative spawns.

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

nulesi wrote:Bargeld. For the record, I have never duel-logged and never will. Hell...I do not even know how all that works. If you are not sure, please don't say it. If anything just ask me when I am online....I would be strait with you.
First off, I never got bent out of shape about you supposedly dual logging. If you read back, I've continued to mention multiple times that I don't know if you do it in PvP... because I don't know or remember (as I keep saying!). That said, there have been a few occasions that I have seen more than one '___ Storm HNs' logged at the same time, and am pretty sure that I've heard your faction-mates mention that you have the capability (which just reinforced my belief that you can and will do it.) Again, no complaints about anyone dualing for PvM or transfers etc. I just want straight numbers during PvP raids and defense, and I'll reiterate once more: I never solidly put you into the dual log PvP category.

Mining's suggestion was what I was trying to get in a roundabout way... a basic list of known players who have historically dual logged in PvP and otherwise; those who have the ability to do it. This clears the air for misunderstandings (like Nulesi's) and also gives them some accountability when the dual log PvP limitations go into effect.

On that same note, I still haven't seen any response to the 'I can name a bunch of people who do it' claims that have been made. I was reminded of one more player from MA who has the capability and uses it regularly to PvM farm or transfer... Xal/dethonlegs. A few others (like twig) have also come forward to mention that they have the capability, and use it in non-PvP situations only. And in case anyone wants a reminder... I even have that capability and use it for self-keying 50% of the time and my gf plays it the other 50%. I've never created my own 2nd account with toons on it on her laptop, and I keep every one of my toons that I've ever created /securityenable'd.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

dude
Noob

Post by dude »

Rofl, so Tep you make it all about you cause I say you talk a good game and NEVER do what your title is : l I was asked a long time ago to be a DM, I refused. I enjoy the game to much. Fact of the matter STILL remains. YOU NEVER DM. lol Yet I see LORD DM SUPREME in front of your name. WHAT A JOKE. I see you talk just like me as in voice your opinion but then you take it farther and flame people. AKA forum troll lol. Merry Christmas y'all.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

dude wrote:Rofl, so Tep you make it all about you cause I say you talk a good game and NEVER do what your title is : l I was asked a long time ago to be a DM, I refused. I enjoy the game to much. Fact of the matter STILL remains. YOU NEVER DM. lol Yet I see LORD DM SUPREME in front of your name. WHAT A JOKE. I see you talk just like me as in voice your opinion but then you take it farther and flame people. AKA forum troll lol. Merry Christmas y'all.
wut? :|
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Finnoker
Noob

Post by Finnoker »

If you spend half your time playing and get your [censored] working then crying here 4 help the server and ns4 future is secure.
AO/RK !!!!

Daltian
Relic Raider

Post by Daltian »

Ogami wrote:
Daltian wrote: Way to bend the truth. NC has such horrible faction/alignment restrictions so having a build that is by your presentation better then one of the builds you can make in ao/rk is reason enough for you to justify multiloging?

Multilogging is cheating, plain and simple. It gives unfair advantage to whoever is doing it. And if it didn't give advantage then people that do it are either crazy or mentally retarded because no one of the sane mind would multilog in pvp for any other reason.
What a troll...
I meant to prove that I have no OP toons, and that the faction is not just the jobs but also the playing classes and races. One is the example of the imploder cleric which is better in nc. Another example could be the trickery cleric/sd. In SL/MA/RK you have to focus divination and take knowledge domain (if you want spot) In NC you have the token giving +20 (20 token +20 ts +10 helm there ya go), saving you lots of feats allowing travel + trickery.

But you didn't seem to read, you just Rushed to the multilog thing (With a GRRR maybe)

We don't have more dual loggers than you have in your tnc faction so eat back your "mentally retarded" insults.

You almost never play, last time i've seen you it was months ago you had your cot stunner and I used my sorc/rdd. First you say gfs, then you post this bs? What a hypocrite…
Oh Or it was Mixtli playing your toon, in this case ignore the last statement.

I remember you multilogging correct me if I'm wrong.

There is nobody dual logging to raid lately, I don't recall the people mentioned (in the official AO/RK guilds) raiding with more than one toon.

We all share the same thought: best playing one toon at 100% of its power than two at 50% or less each.

And when we have recruits (not many lately due to the gamspy problem) I always tell them to raid with only one toon when I notice they can dualbox.

Come play the game or quit DENIGRATING PEOPLE.
There are still people fighting, playing and populating the server, are they heroes or are they stupid?
A better question who is the sore loser? Who hides in the forum and boycotts the PvP or who keeps playing ?

The guy who hides under "dude" account (been told is JP) , all he did is log in write obscenity in tells and in shout and battle log everytime. *Claps claps*.

You will be blamed for ruining the game, who is usually nice under Christmas time.
It was me not Mixtli and I did have lots of fun fighting you there. If you read my post without bias you will understand that I didn't call you guys crazy or retarded or anything. I just said that mutilogging is a hassle and no one does it for fun. People do it to get advantage.

Also, at least back when I last played (this summer) TCNC had no PvP multiloggers. We did have a few that did it in PvM and I also sometimes multilog to rez in PvE but thats all. If you have seen me logged in with more then one of my toons, it means someone else is playing my toon. Never multiloged in PVP.

As far as me not being allowed to speak up because I am not online as much as I would like, it's not going to happen. I still love this server and hope to get back to play here as soon as time permits (and we get those sweet changes devs are working on).
xXenox

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

Daltian wrote:I just said that mutilogging is a hassle and no one does it for fun. People do it to get advantage.
I do it for fun, running 1 toon is boring. Running 2 is entertaining, 3 a challenge, 4 is a real good challenge that takes far more practice and skill than anything below.

5 and above is just damn near impossible!
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Monkey
Pk Bait

Post by Monkey »

Korr wrote:I do it for fun, running 1 toon is boring. Running 2 is entertaining, 3 a challenge, 4 is a real good challenge that takes far more practice and skill than anything below.
No doubt, you're unique in your ability to juggle 4 or even 8 toons without driving yourself nuts. The problem is that it isn't much fun for some of us (after the humor value wears off). You aren't playing those toons well when you're multi-logging. We can't count on you to keep bard songs up for everyone and curse/taunt all the enemies on a bard, or be ready to heal party members quickly if you're on a cleric, or stay alive on any of your toons.

A smallish party can level faster with multi-loggers in it when the toons actively being played are better buffed, and because of exploits like holding screens. Most people seem to think that leveling as fast as possible or simply winning a PvP battle are the main goals in playing on this server, so I expect your multi-logged toons are welcome in most parties. Personally, I choose to ignore your shouts for more party members because I'd rather not play in a party with dual or multi-logged toons.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

Monkey wrote:No doubt, you're unique in your ability to juggle 4 or even 8 toons without driving yourself nuts. The problem is that it isn't much fun for some of us (after the humor value wears off). You aren't playing those toons well when you're multi-logging. We can't count on you to keep bard songs up for everyone and curse/taunt all the enemies on a bard, or be ready to heal party members quickly if you're on a cleric, or stay alive on any of your toons.

A smallish party can level faster with multi-loggers in it when the toons actively being played are better buffed, and because of exploits like holding screens. Most people seem to think that leveling as fast as possible or simply winning a PvP battle are the main goals in playing on this server, so I expect your multi-logged toons are welcome in most parties. Personally, I choose to ignore your shouts for more party members because I'd rather not play in a party with dual or multi-logged toons.
I hardly ever have issues with this, because I have multiple screens up I use the NWN on the left to keep a character sheet open to make sure that all the right buffs are up (I usually make that character one with divine might/shield as well). In larger parties where archers sit in the background, Im not going to bard song the entire party then move to go get them (whether multi-logging or not). Another issue that comes up in larger parties is that if I wait for everyone to collect themselves to sing and another bard gets impatient then the timing of some peoples songs are off than others and I would have no way to know that without someone asking for it. This is the same for AvA on clerics. I also have to trust that people dont run OUT of the fray when they need a heal, when Im multi-logging I have far less time to chase someone down to heal them. I dont feel I miss more heals than anyone else who would run a cleric (multi logging or not) especially if Im just dual logging and not running 4.

ImageImage

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Korr wrote:I hardly ever have issues with this, because I have multiple screens up I use the NWN on the left to keep a character sheet open to make sure that all the right buffs are up (I usually make that character one with divine might/shield as well).

In larger parties where archers sit in the background, Im not going to bard song the entire party then move to go get them (whether multi-logging or not).

Another issue that comes up in larger parties is that if I wait for everyone to collect themselves to sing and another bard gets impatient then the timing of some peoples songs are off than others and I would have no way to know that without someone asking for it.

This is the same for AvA on clerics. I also have to trust that people dont run OUT of the fray when they need a heal, when Im multi-logging I have far less time to chase someone down to heal them.

I dont feel I miss more heals than anyone else who would run a cleric (multi logging or not) especially if Im just dual logging and not running 4.
Bargeld wrote:...
If you go in as 3 vs 5 and win, you say to your team, 'hell ya! we just got relics completely underpowered in comparison." and it feels good. But then you go in and the same situation and you get horribly beat, and you realize, that you lost due to the toon mix and because of the dual logging advantage of that mix. And then you get bitter. After enough back and forth, the victories aren't as sweet because the fights become crappy because you guys are screwing up trying to play 2 or more toons, and we realize that we are winning because you are just screwing up your meta-gaming, not always because of our skill. That's no fun. And then we get beat and it's because your meta-gaming was good in that particular episode. Well, that's no fun either.
Meta-gaming blah blah blah, play a single toon like the game is meant to be played. How many PnP DMs let you run 2 or 4 characters while everyone else at the table plays a single char? The only time is when it's just you and the DM and you are lonely and alone in a basement. And I've done that before when I was a teenager. It's boring stuff for both of you.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

Bargeld wrote:Meta-gaming blah blah blah, play a single toon like the game is meant to be played. How many PnP DMs let you run 2 or 4 characters while everyone else at the table plays a single char? The only time is when it's just you and the DM and you are lonely and alone in a basement. And I've done that before when I was a teenager. It's boring stuff for both of you.
And yet NS4 was categorized under action, not RP. Its also a video game and not PnP...

ImageImage

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”