NS4 going PvM only?

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
frogofpeace
PKer

Re: NS4 going PvM only?

Post by frogofpeace »

yeah plus everyone has access to cleric.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

dude
Noob

Post by dude »

What I wanna know is how you can say " I'm a DM " and never even enter the game.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

What I wanna know is why Korr still has knees after the last two pages. Tep and chase really suck at dming.
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

mining wrote: Well, cleric/PM tends to be one of the easier builds to shut down - a cleric and a COT will do it easily, as will a cleric and a drider shifter. Perhaps the easiest way is with a druid and cleric - bombardment is basically designed to tear PMs apart, and counterspell (with a cleric that has heals slotted, not a wizard ;)) will remove 25 levels from relevance.

Generally I think that cleric healing is amazingly crazily good, but offers a lot of counterplay: Kill the cleric, counterspell the cleric, crowd control the cleric, etc. Fundamentally, everyone gets cleric too, and I'm ok with "Having a cleric means beating people who don't" in battles.
So everything you quoted here will require more than 1 toon. If I bring 1 CoT and cant KD, then he will heal his way out. If I bring 1 cleric to counter he will attack while I counter and then cast when I go to attack. If I bring a drider shifter I wont be able to remove his FoM (too many times) to keep him webbed. If I bring a druid he will heal his way out... I would have to out damage him every round. Reflex save is super easy to boost (what +9 from crafted boots alone?) + spellcraft (which yes the cleric WILL have) means bombardment will do 30d8 damage (40d8/2 + 50%), which dirty calc is 240 a round. Which means 1 heal spell per round will get him out of trouble... and allow to run.

PM Divine vulnerabilities dont apply to wrath (or might) because theyre skin applied right? So youre actually better off with a fighter that can hit and then rumble to hopefully finish, or barb who could do the same (or KD if the PM is silly enough to not have the disc).
dude wrote:I don't understand how you seem to think everything is always all about you KORR. But even though I'm saying this to a brick wall ....... This isn't all about you KORR. :mrgreen:
Sadly I think Im mentioned more than most other people in this thread (or by the most amount of people at least). I didnt even post until what page 10?
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Korr wrote:Sadly I think Im mentioned more than most other people in this thread (or by the most amount of people at least). I didnt even post until what page 10?
And every time it is a negative comment, well done. I believe we have found willow's replacement.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

Bargeld wrote:
Korr wrote:Sadly I think Im mentioned more than most other people in this thread (or by the most amount of people at least). I didnt even post until what page 10?
And every time it is a negative comment, well done. I believe we have found willow's replacement.
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

If someone 1v1 raids they should probably win like 80% of the time due to surprise advantages and the fact that without the ability to leverage supporting focus fire and debuffing, a lot of toons (esp. raiders) can live for the, what, 2 mins?
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Ogami
Pk Bait

Post by Ogami »

Bargeld wrote: I'll start:
MASL lost alkpwn. He didn't leave because of this topic, but as far as the dual log impact, he was the only one we had.
What a Lie, there are many others want the names?
Bargeld wrote: I'll also start for AORK, but please add to this list if I am missing any:
Chris (play status needs to be confirmed)
True (play status needs to be confirmed)
Storm (although he/she states no dual log in PvP)
Korr (technically not a member of AORK, he has toons in all factions, but AORK are the only ones that let him play on their side)
You (and who followed you) made Chris leave with the stupid boycott of pvp (If I were the dm I would see this destructive behavior as an attack to the whole comunity, but since I'm not I'll just call this cowardice), and when we raided together I remember him raiding only with 1 toon, his cleric mostly, same for Tru3. All Storm toons are in one account how he could possibly dual log?
We are the only ones letting Korr play? Who am I to kick someone from a faction? Don't tell me you think to have the authority to deny him to defend MA/SL!?
[/quote]
Bargeld wrote: I can't think of any dual logs out of TNC. Please add if any are known.[/quote
Again there are many here, more than AO/RK for sure.

Daltian wrote: Way to bend the truth. NC has such horrible faction/alignment restrictions so having a build that is by your presentation better then one of the builds you can make in ao/rk is reason enough for you to justify multiloging?

Multilogging is cheating, plain and simple. It gives unfair advantage to whoever is doing it. And if it didn't give advantage then people that do it are either crazy or mentally retarded because no one of the sane mind would multilog in pvp for any other reason.
What a troll...
I meant to prove that I have no OP toons, and that the faction is not just the jobs but also the playing classes and races. One is the example of the imploder cleric which is better in nc. Another example could be the trickery cleric/sd. In SL/MA/RK you have to focus divination and take knowledge domain (if you want spot) In NC you have the token giving +20 (20 token +20 ts +10 helm there ya go), saving you lots of feats allowing travel + trickery.

But you didn't seem to read, you just Rushed to the multilog thing (With a GRRR maybe)

We don't have more dual loggers than you have in your tnc faction so eat back your "mentally retarded" insults.

You almost never play, last time i've seen you it was months ago you had your cot stunner and I used my sorc/rdd. First you say gfs, then you post this bs? What a hypocrite…
Oh Or it was Mixtli playing your toon, in this case ignore the last statement.

I remember you multilogging correct me if I'm wrong.

There is nobody dual logging to raid lately, I don't recall the people mentioned (in the official AO/RK guilds) raiding with more than one toon.

We all share the same thought: best playing one toon at 100% of its power than two at 50% or less each.

And when we have recruits (not many lately due to the gamspy problem) I always tell them to raid with only one toon when I notice they can dualbox.

Come play the game or quit DENIGRATING PEOPLE.
There are still people fighting, playing and populating the server, are they heroes or are they stupid?
A better question who is the sore loser? Who hides in the forum and boycotts the PvP or who keeps playing ?

The guy who hides under "dude" account (been told is JP) , all he did is log in write obscenity in tells and in shout and battle log everytime. *Claps claps*.

You will be blamed for ruining the game, who is usually nice under Christmas time.
>>>>>>>>Horsemen of Neversummer<<<<<<<<
Seung Mina ~HNs~ !KOS-MOS ! Zantetsuken ~HNs~
Masters of Tunarath
Stunfist&Hips Era
DING 100 lvl 40 TOONS ON FEB 2017!!!

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Ogami wrote:
Bargeld wrote: I'll start:
MASL lost alkpwn. He didn't leave because of this topic, but as far as the dual log impact, he was the only one we had.
What a Lie, there are many others want the names?
Yes, I do.
Ogami wrote:
Bargeld wrote:...
Korr (technically not a member of AORK, he has toons in all factions, but AORK are the only ones that let him play on their side)
Storm (although he/she states no dual log in PvP)
You (and who followed you) made Chris leave with the stupid boycott of pvp (If I were the dm I would see this destructive behavior as an attack to the whole comunity, but since I'm not I'll just call this cowardice), and when we raided together I remember him raiding only with 1 toon, his cleric mostly, same for Tru3. All Storm toons are in one account how he could possibly dual log?
We are the only ones letting Korr play? Who am I to kick someone from a faction? Don't tell me you think to have the authority to deny him to defend MA/SL!?
Not that I agree that they didn't raid with duals, but what about defense? They dual logged then, both Chris and True.
Storm has more than one account, I saw it yesterday. Not insisting that he dual logs PvP, because I don't really remember offhand. But don't say crap that isn't accurate as a weak reason to insist someone doesn't do it. I'm here for the truth, not for bashing any individual (except maybe Korr).
Speaking of Korr... if he tried to defend MASL next to me, I would go aggro on him and kill him.

Ogami wrote:
Bargeld wrote: I can't think of any dual logs out of TNC. Please add if any are known.[/quote
Again there are many here, more than AO/RK for sure.
Please name these as well. So far 2 have been mentioned by their teammates and both attributed no dualing while PvP:
Shadowalker wrote:In TNC there are two long term players that can dual log, but both only use it for rescues or PvM, they being Monkey and Opie.

Korr has recently began to work the TNC side of the fence at time and I think his loging limit is more a matter of how many toons/diffrent logins he has access too :mrgreen:
Ogami wrote:One is the example of the imploder cleric which is better in nc. Another example could be the trickery cleric/sd. In SL/MA/RK you have to focus divination and take knowledge domain (if you want spot) In NC you have the token giving +20 (20 token +20 ts +10 helm there ya go), saving you lots of feats allowing travel + trickery.
I find this honestly amusing. I've been complaining about the DC48 AQ3 cot cleric for years. Not a REAL protest or anything, just a tongue-in-cheek complaint about how NC has such better stuff than SL, especially the multiple PRCs. What humored me the most though is how the flat +20 sight token removed the need for knowledge/divination on the spotter SD. Without the knowledge and div feats, you can't get +10 on TS from their token. You might be able to do it with the level 13 helm from avendell, but then, so could everyone else. And you would still need the feats, it just frees up a single domain. BTW, I have one of these... it's a dexer with blinding and it doesn't need travel domain. With 124ish hide, it doesn't need trick domain either. Those would both be wasteful.

Ogami wrote:But you didn't seem to read, you just Rushed to the multilog thing (With a GRRR maybe)
Ummm that was my point when I started this thread, and the thread's sole purpose. (Which I admit has branched out to include the AO token a couple times, along with bashing Korr by pretty much everyone.)

Ogami wrote:There is nobody dual logging to raid lately, I don't recall the people mentioned (in the official AO/RK guilds) raiding with more than one toon.
Who hides in the forum and boycotts the PvP or who keeps playing ?
Again, you keep saying no one does it to raid... what about defense? And with all that other nonsense, you know as well as I do that free buffs and sitting in a corner allow you focus on a single toon. And I'm still playing. Just not as much.

Ogami wrote:You will be blamed for ruining the game, who is usually nice under Christmas time.
The game was already ruined by the rampant dual logging. I'm actually trying to REVERSE that. If a player leaves because they CAN'T dual log, well that implies something to me. And that sucks, because I liked fighting with Chris. Dual logging aside, he was a good sport. We lost honde because of dual logs and the AO token, so I guess we can call it even from that regard.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

this all reminds me of the early days of the relics. other factions would complain constantly that the relics were always in SL and they couldnt get them out. mostly because players hardly ever raided when someone was on to defend.

we had a guy named nemesis that would stay up for days logged into the server making sure no one would raid. just from the one player logged in, no one would raid for relics..one guy..one char...it was lol.

anyway, half the time he was asleep and players complained enough eventually the dms started to notice and they'd kick him out. he'd log in a little while later when he woke up and the day would start a new :)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Monkey
Pk Bait

Post by Monkey »

Amoenotep wrote:this all reminds me of the early days of the relics.
Nice way to just dismiss this whole issue and avoid taking any responsibility...

It's not about the relics. Most MASL and TCNC players don't care about the bonus. It's about fun and fair PvP. DM's could help by implementing some simple rule changes (enforcement and actual effort probably wouldn't even be necessary).

What would really be helpful, though, would be a relic event. Those always seem to bring players out of the woodwork and renew interest in the server.

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

I think he said the dm's booted the guy when it was obvious he was taking advantage, if not exploiting. Sounds like taking responsibility to me. If I was a DM and had to deal with the preachy, demanding tone of you guys, I'd be uninclined to help, too. But I'm hard to get along with.

This server has always been remarkably self regulating. I kind of like the Wild West feel, so I always hate to see new rules added. The rules we have boil down to "don't ruin someone else's good time all the time," which seems reasonable.

I haven't seen the AORK guys cheating all that much - occasional dual logging, sure, whatever, but I've never found bargeld to be a whiner either, so I take him at his word. AORK guys, if you take it too far, nobody will want to play with you.

If somebody's leaving because someone complained on forums - meh. Go fight.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

Monkey
Pk Bait

Post by Monkey »

frogofpeace wrote:I think he said the dm's booted the guy when it was obvious he was taking advantage,
I took it as an excuse to dismiss all that's been said in this thread. If that's not the case, I apologize.

dude
Noob

Post by dude »

:O Tep being called out. You call yourself DM supreme and yet never actually DM.
Simply put, come DM. Make a toon, I wanna kill it anyway : P Ya know battles like in the " Old days "

And hey? Origami ? Dude yer the worst poor sport I know. And No one in SL other then Kapwn duel logged lol. We never needed to to beat y'all.
P.S. Chris didn't quit, he was on earlier today. You build good and have great PvP tactics bro. But when you start pulling the things you do to win, it's a MAJOR turn off.

We had great PvP today, no exploits, no crying. Follow some example.

As for Storm, he IS one of the most honorable players in AO. A leader LEADS BY EXAMPLE.

And VERY well said Frog : )

I still stand by the fact that we NEED a DM. Not someone saying they are but never do. Sorry Tep, but the fact still remains. As far as me saying much in shout anymore, well that just aint gonna happen cause it really ain't worth it.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

now this thread is about how you guys need a babysitter 24/7 because you cant possibly hope to control yourselves enough to not be douchey. the best part is, half of you guys should have been perma banned by now just for the simple fact that your ruin lokey's fun of being a dev.

when figure out all the angles of how this server works and when/where all the dms are/aren't i'll let you run the show jp. :)
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”