NS4 going PvM only?

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: NS4 going PvM only?

Post by mining »

Monkey wrote:factional pride
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Daltian
Relic Raider

Post by Daltian »

I have an unorthodox idea. Maybe add bonus to unique drops depending on relics. I am sure it would fuel more wars then xp bonus. And make it non linear so you get good bonus at 3 or 4 with less benefit from going up to 7.

1 relic x2 the chance to get unique
2 relics x3 chance
3 relics x3.7
4 relics x4.4
5 relics x4.7
xXenox

Monkey
Pk Bait

Post by Monkey »

mining wrote:
Monkey wrote:factional pride
Which isn't necessarily a good thing when it comes to hoarding relics.

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

No one has ever had a problem finding a reason TO raid, but recently, the reasons NOT TO raid have grown. That is what this is about.

It's not even about winning or losing, but when you have 3 on, and they have 3 on and you raid and it ends up 3 vs 5 defenders (with OP tokens), after enough rinse and repeats, you learn the pattern and give up on the hope for a 'good fight'.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Finnoker
Noob

Post by Finnoker »

I guess its about losing then:)?
AO/RK !!!!

Monkey
Pk Bait

Post by Monkey »

Finnoker wrote:I guess its about losing then:)?
How do you get that from his statement? Truly bizarre reasoning.

Here's an idea that would probably work to make the server more fun and encourage PvP:
For 1 month, make AO and RK unplayable.

Current AO and RK guild members could create and level toons in other factions for fun.
PvP between TCNC and MASL would be a more balanced and fair option.

If I'm not mistaken, this is what happened last time one faction became too dominant, only the closing of LA was permanent. Maybe open it up again while AO & RK are closed?

Finnoker
Noob

Post by Finnoker »

If its not about losing? why is it a prb 3 vs 5. Just a guess if your numb is 5 and we where 3 i dont think you skip fighting cause its not a (good fight)?:)

In the early days we hade to fight many battels outnumb so insteed to cry about it do something, Try to get more ppl join you

dont try to take your guilds to the sky (only the good players) someone said can join,= low playerbase,a few leaving = dead or almost dead guild/faction.

Is that what you after close AO/RK:)? We have done that ones its maybe time 4 MA/SL to close down and be spread all over.

Talk about bizarre lol
AO/RK !!!!

frogofpeace
PKer

Post by frogofpeace »

Here's an idea that would probably work to make the server more fun and encourage PvP:
For 1 month, make AO and RK unplayable.

Current AO and RK guild members could create and level toons in other factions for fun.
PvP between TCNC and MASL would be a more balanced and fair option.
I agree - AORK just needs more role model so they can see how to have fun. However, I think you have the right idea but wrong implementation. Making all the other factions unplayable would be much more effective.

Holy cow.
Three years of nursery school and you think you know it all.
- Dr. Michael Hfuhruhurr

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Notes:

I'm out for about a month, when I get back we'll be finishing off the majority of stuff in the dev document and implementing; I will also be implementing a trial period of 1 month in which dual logging in pvp will be a PVP rule violation.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

3 vs 5 isnt a problem, I will raid 1 vs 4 on my own even. The problem is when it's 3 PLAYERS on 3 toons vs 3 PLAYERS on 5 toons. It's really no fun to go raid and kill a fighter a barb and a mage and then see them log a cleric and a spotter under a known dual login all at the same time, then just buff up their group, leave the mage and the cleric in the corner and come fight with the 3 players on overly buffed toons. THAT is where the fun and the 'good fight' that is lacking.

It's not about winning. It's not about losing. It's about having a good fight. And I've said this for a year to my teammates now, cuz, as a player, you go back and forth winning some and losing some. If you go in as 3 vs 5 and win, you say to your team, 'hell ya! we just got relics completely underpowered in comparison." and it feels good. But then you go in and the same situation and you get horribly beat, and you realize, that you lost due to the toon mix and because of the dual logging advantage of that mix. And then you get bitter. After enough back and forth, the victories aren't as sweet because the fights become crappy because you guys are screwing up trying to play 2 or more toons, and we realize that we are winning because you are just screwing up your meta-gaming, not always because of our skill. That's no fun. And then we get beat and it's because your meta-gaming was good in that particular episode. Well, that's no fun either.

We want to win and we want to lose, but we want to do it in a fair PLAYER vs PLAYER battle. Not in a battle of who has more toons available and whether or not you can play them all straight this time.

Add on to that now... when you finally DO log on 11 or 13 players and you come and wipe us out as a 4 or 5 man defense. Of course we are going to whine about dual logging. Of course it doesn't seem fair given our past experience and expectations of the future. You use a bunch of public and generically named logins, what are we supposed to think? You don't ever see us complain about that crap with NC or TC! This isn't just a hatred or bitter loss, it's about trying to make the game FUN. But you guys seem to not care about fair battles and only about winning and losing, and you place those values on the rest of us when we make a stink.
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

MtainEer
Pk Bait

Post by MtainEer »

I can't believe some are still complaining on here. I haven't even logged in well over a month, I logged in this past Sunday afternoon and six total characters were logged in...SIX...that's including any dual/triple loggers. Some of you know and others do not but 4 out of the original 5 BoP members (including me) had came back to NS4...now all are gone. I don't care if you had all +4 books on all ur toons, triple logged and had all the best gear u still would get beat at times. Honestly, I don't know how Korr triple logs cause its extremly hard dual loggin raiding but he does it quit well. The best thing for this server is make whatever changes to classes, races and jobs do a wipe but leave things be for awhile after that.

For u old timers think back, the best time I ever had on here was when sunken island and faction bosses had the best gear. I think lvl 16 or 20 was max at that time.

Before the last wipe all my toons were either BoP tagged or nothing and we battled tlb more than anyone. So, I didn't come from LA to AO/RK just like the Reavers did not. Most of those guys are long gone. It would be great to see the sever back to 50 players on and factional pvp. For now, real life keeps me busy and happy. Hope the server survives and I'll keep checkin in on the forums.

MtainEer
Almost Heaven, WV

dude
Noob

Post by dude »

Unfortunately we won't ever see 50 players on the server anymore. We won't see any new players on this server ever. This is a dying server.

Amoenotep
Lord DM Supreme

Post by Amoenotep »

its a dying game...and the gamespy cut hurt it alot too
Mask, Lord of the Shadows
Gruumsh, One-Eye
amoenotep@hotmail.com
----------------------------------

Monkey
Pk Bait

Post by Monkey »

dude wrote:Unfortunately we won't ever see 50 players on the server anymore. We won't see any new players on this server ever. This is a dying server.
I still see new players often, even after GameSpy quit on us. I send tells to untagged toons I don't recognize asking if they're new. If they are new I'll ask if they have questions, need any help or want to party.

Some stick around. Some don't. If more people make an effort to make playing here more fun we can certainly get back to the 50 player days. The problem (which this thread is really all about) is that too many players are making the server un-fun, and that's driving many veterans away.

It doesn't help that some players/developers/GMs are being defeatist and not making an effort to attract and retain new players or address the important concerns of veteran players.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

mining wrote:Notes:

I'm out for about a month, when I get back we'll be finishing off the majority of stuff in the dev document and implementing; I will also be implementing a trial period of 1 month in which dual logging in pvp will be a PVP rule violation.
During trials can we make it so a relic cradle cant be tapped until all the PC defenders are gone/dead as well? That way we stop the cleric/pms cleric/sds and cleric/anything from walking in with 30 heals slotted just to kill nPCs then heal and run?
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”