Solars and everything else

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Daltian
Relic Raider

Re: Solars and everything else

Post by Daltian »

Alkapwn wrote:I learned something :twisted:
And I thought that using proper method of solving problems by listing formula first and inputing data later is useless skill. This proved me wrong, all that effort was worth it. 8)
xXenox

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Daltian wrote:
Alkapwn wrote:I learned something :twisted:
And I thought that using proper method of solving problems by listing formula first and inputing data later is useless skill. This proved me wrong, all that effort was worth it. 8)
The tried and testing NS4 dev method is to get the output first and then put Tep and the formula in a ring until you can chuck the output into the formula to get the input :).
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

hond wrote:Korr...post your -10 turner toon as i made...and then we can speak about it...
ALL is posible to made, that's for sure, but not all players can play 3 tards toons together for fight 1....so please stop saying nonsense, take 5 or 10 mins and scribe your -10 turner...
Then we will speak...
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... 4Rnc#gid=0

Shared on google docs.

Its built with a drow on that spread sheet it, though I will add the water gen and githzerai(yanki? whichever it was) tonight sometime.

I never said my BG turner would be a cleric... it would seem to shine in that manner yes but is not necessary. Fighter/BG using zen archer will be able to utilize the huge jump in (otherwise useless) wisdom. This build also allows for a 46 (will save) DC contagion which would inflict -8 to all stats (ie : -4 ac/ab/saves, spell loss, etc). So against a planar opponent (not hipser) it would almost always win 1 on 1. It has a big nasty summon (not the peddly balor) to back it up, though not a lot of buffs to use on it sadly... have to rely on potions and allies. I went with throwing axe on the build because I thought it would be funny... overall a sling would be much more efficient. The BG corrupt weapon will work on a single stack of throwing axes though... so thats 100 chances to do more damage. Improved Expertise in case its danger time (cant use with ranged weapon, but if you cant get away you can atleast keep your AC up... summon can hit about anything). It has horrifically low con as a drow and would be super vulnerable to a mage (other than the normal bigby & igms [which the summon would absorb part of]) due to no energy resist feats... though ice storm would eat him alive (not on a water gen build tho). You could do 10 cleric instead of fighter and forgo expertise and a couple other nicitiest, though with crafted gear you could pull some extra spells... though none of it would be auto quickened. Doing cleric would also allow to use a few extra trinkets to boot, but again this was more designed with fighting (not casting) in mind.

It is not an end-all be-all build, but it would definently keep people from logging planar toons. Saves are all pretty nice... 45/38/46 without any gear bonuses (outside of pure ability points). You could add more books and drop a few great cha/wis and take epic skill focus and such. The build itself is not very restrictive, so it can be made in MA, SL, AO, and RK (lore keeper is +2 wis right?). Just no TCNC because its evil!!!!
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Snookz Eaglin
Noob

Post by Snookz Eaglin »

Rufio wrote:Those who are unwilling to learn cannot be educated. I really doubt hond is doing himself any good with all that incoherent ranting anyways. I quit reading his posts when he stopped talking about summons, which was like 10 pages ago.
This post comes off as very arrogant to me. Considering the short time hond has been here, he has learned more than most. And do you really mean that what he says is just incoherent ranting? It's perfectly understandable to me.

Daltian
Relic Raider

Post by Daltian »

Problem with Hond is that he takes limits of his own vision for the limits of the world and then tries to balance the world accordingly.

P.S. Yes I said I wouldn't post anymore but I am weak, so very weak.
xXenox

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

Updated the google doc for planar turning BG with Githzerai and Water Genasi.
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

hond
Looking for group

Post by hond »

Those who are unwilling to learn cannot be educated. I really doubt hond is doing himself any good with all that incoherent ranting anyways. I quit reading his posts when he stopped talking about summons, which was like 10 pages ago.
Dear rufio...if you stop reading 10 page ago, how can you afirm i'm saying incoherences ???
Though the solar actually isn't any more durable. Probably even less durable than the balor. In practice, they have less ac than a balor because of the dex cap from the solar's fullplate; the exact same healing abilities as a balor, but not auto-quickened so they are worse healers in practice; fewer hit points; and about equivalent damage reduction to a balor, just 10% more slashing immunity and 15 more fire resist.
On your post you always mention the AC difference for the solar, but that difference didn't exist.
Solar AC 37...Baalor AC 35 (so with a max cat baalor have 37)
Here a little exception:
In case summoner have empowered cat, the probability of having +1 AC will 50%(compared with the solar) ...but in other side you have 25% -1 AC, 25% same AC.

AC difference sound a bit unfair like argument:
- not all caster will have empowered spell (a max cat will give same AC to both)
- even an empower cat don't give you 100% probability of having more AC.

rocketkai
Pk Bait

Post by rocketkai »

You guys should have quit posting long long time ago to hond, who never listens to what you explained to him.
Shouldn't someone lock this post if there's nothing more regarding the topic of this post and we already know that Solar needs some buff?

alasteir
Looking for group

Post by alasteir »

Snookz,

I agree with what Rocketai, Doc, and Xenox are communicating, in regard to Hond's posts. I agree with you....Hond can play the game, and he obviously has picked up a lot of information in a short time. In addition, he seems to enjoy the game, which is also a good thing.

What I find annoying, regarding his posts and in game behavior, is his arrogance. Every time the guy loses a fight, you can count on a tirade on the shout channel, or a long winded post regarding overpowered job perks. I mean....seriously, Doc started this thread on a potential solar buff request. It could have been handled by the Devs in a few posts. Interestingly enough, this same request was brought up a few years ago...by myself and the Mad Ukranian.....simple, the reply was "no". No mess, no fuss. There was no need to descend into a 40 page thread complaining about factional weaknesses.

Almost all fights are determined by numbers, luck, potential hardware (ISP) differences, situational awareness, and playing ability. It would be nice to see Hond embrace this concept, and actually play the game, rather than spending the majority of his time complaining about it.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

hond wrote:
Though the solar actually isn't any more durable. Probably even less durable than the balor. In practice, they have less ac than a balor because of the dex cap from the solar's fullplate; the exact same healing abilities as a balor, but not auto-quickened so they are worse healers in practice; fewer hit points; and about equivalent damage reduction to a balor, just 10% more slashing immunity and 15 more fire resist.
On your post you always mention the AC difference for the solar, but that difference didn't exist.
Solar AC 37...Baalor AC 35 (so with a max cat baalor have 37)
Here a little exception:
In case summoner have empowered cat, the probability of having +1 AC will 50%(compared with the solar) ...but in other side you have 25% -1 AC, 25% same AC.

AC difference sound a bit unfair like argument:
- not all caster will have empowered spell (a max cat will give same AC to both)
- even an empower cat don't give you 100% probability of having more AC.
If you actually read his post you'd realise that Balor's get stat bonuses:
All Dragon Knight summons receive the following bonuses:

An AB, AC, strength, dexterity, and constitution increase equal to the sum of the following:
+ 3 if the caster is a planar race. The following subraces are considered planar: Aasamir, Tiefling, Githzerai, Air Genasi, Earth Genasi, Fire Genasi, Water Genasi, and Azerblood.
+ 2,4, or 6 for Spell Focus, Greater Spell Focus, or Epic Spell Focus in Conjuration respectively.
So yeah, they'll be capping dex already.

This topic was pretty interesting, but now it's basically over - it's devolved into "shut up" and "lets interpret stats wrong".

As promised, Solar will be looked into.

/endthread.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

But I wasn't able to trick anyone into designing my BG builds. I don't want to have to come up with them myself!

Also any feedback is welcome, things can break in unusual ways and so on or be broken yet seem to be working when tested for a number of reasons. Or CoT is just that stupid good :)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”