Bigsy spells

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
Jmana
Noob

Re: Bigsy spells

Post by Jmana »

Problem is ppl get sick to death of rebuilding things. bigby has been changed yet again leave the damn thing alone already, but wait you said it could change yet again based on feedback......

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Jmana wrote:Problem is ppl get sick to death of rebuilding things. bigby has been changed yet again leave the damn thing alone already, but wait you said it could change yet again based on feedback......
If you guys want us to just sit the server as it is and not change anything balance wise at all, that's fine - yet often the people who complain the most loudly about nerfs are the ones that call for nerfs the most loudly ;).
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Jmana
Noob

Post by Jmana »

yes and yet often the ones that change things do so just for the sake of doing something, look through the change log bigby has been messed with enough pick a format and stick to it maybe.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Jmana wrote:yes and yet often the ones that change things do so just for the sake of doing something, look through the change log bigby has been messed with enough pick a format and stick to it maybe.
Bigby's been changed twice:
Once from bioware to "old bigby"
Once from "old bigby" to new bigby.

Everything else is tweaking and balancing.

If you want to pick something that's been messed with enough times, look directly at time stop, and frown at it. For a few weeks, at least.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Delisha Zrazorian
Newbie Helper

Post by Delisha Zrazorian »

If you guys want us to just sit the server as it is and not change anything balance wise at all, that's fine
THIS! best idea I've heard in months!

:twisted:
My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find 'em, kill 'em!

Korr
PKer

Post by Korr »

mining wrote:
Jmana wrote:yes and yet often the ones that change things do so just for the sake of doing something, look through the change log bigby has been messed with enough pick a format and stick to it maybe.
Bigby's been changed twice:
Once from bioware to "old bigby"
Once from "old bigby" to new bigby.

Everything else is tweaking and balancing.

If you want to pick something that's been messed with enough times, look directly at time stop, and frown at it. For a few weeks, at least.
Karate is also timestop focused HAHAHA.

Though I do hate that to be anti-bigby for the "old bigby" you needed Epic Skill Focus (tumble)... I have about 5 toons with that feat. No idea when I took it and dont want to delevel for something actually useful. At the same time I like I dont HAVE to take that feat anymore!
Amoenotep wrote:korr is the greatest :(

ImageImage

Lokey
-2 Penalty in Daylight

Post by Lokey »

Back in the day it was pretty easy. You needed freedom for bigby 7 and 70ac covered the rest. I think the skill checks were slanted too much in the caster's favor to bother with trying to keep up, but at least someone tried :)

(Bio version I think 8 is the brokenest. If it doesn't have tons of SR or AC, it's toast.)
Tep wrote:I login and there's a dwarf to kill. You can't ask for much more than that.

Alkapwn wrote:NC has the most amazing melee build there is. Its a friggin unstopable juggernaut of pain.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Main reason old bigby was poor design was because in general its either "Your build is instantly useless if the other team has anything that can cast bigby 7 or 9", or "bigby mages make me lol".

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

The old bigby 7 was the worst. It was a battle to see how long you could keep using FoM scrolls or dismissal items until the mage ran out of mords or bigbys, except that the mage could cast 2 spells for every 1 of your scrolls. They could still hit you with 1 igms every round while keeping you locked in a cycle of trying to free yourself from bigby, and this worked against every build.

Of course bigby 9 had the whole thing where you were figuratively dead on arrival if you didn't have more than 70 ac.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

cRaZy8or5e wrote: Virtually every ability to slow a blinding speed melee toon has been nerfed. Pure mages are hosed. Apparently it has been decided that mages WILL be multiclassed.
Bigby 7 man, that thing still destroys dexers. Hit them with a neb for good measure as well, -10 str will encumber almost any dexer. After that just stand back and blast while they fumble with their FoM/Dismisal and Restore items. If that doesn't work for whatever reason, just hellball and send your summon and/or teammates after them. It is pretty hard to survive that.
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

burrahobbit
Champion of Aetheria

Post by burrahobbit »

So....... now that we have nerfed mages, its time to revisit earlier discussions about nerfing CoT's and Shifters. CoT's and shifters are now way overpowered.
Amoenotep wrote:aaahahahah..burra is dumb! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rainswept wrote:Oh my. I need to go add a little something to my sig, pardon me.

Shadowalker
Relic Raider

Post by Shadowalker »

burrahobbit wrote: CoT's and shifters are now way overpowered.
Its about time, Twig been driving me nuts with twigs comeback schemes.
Twig (TSS) - Twig [CLAD] - Twigs -Fury- - SyNfully Rotted Twig - Twig'lee -Down Under- - Twig'zilla

Fergus Glonshire [FoN] - Sakij Lovac [FoN] - Zatharus Rivermoon (TSS) - Bumble (TSS) - Body built for SyN

Delisha Zrazorian
Newbie Helper

Post by Delisha Zrazorian »

its time to revisit earlier discussions about nerfing CoT's and Shifters. CoT's and shifters are now way overpowered.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
My attitude toward men who mess around is simple: If you find 'em, kill 'em!

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”