Make safe abuse...

Talk about Neversummer 4 with your fellow players.
mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Re: Make safe abuse...

Post by mining »

weasel423 wrote:
Alkapwn wrote:
mining wrote:Again, I reiterate, spam it as you please, use it continuously. I think you should be using it whenever you possibly can.
I agree with mining . Those that are doing it should do it more. :twisted:
Well, if Alka agrees, then somebody must be dying :D

What did ya code in there this time, Mining?

edit: also, I am guessing there is a cool down on makesafe? I got stuck yesterday and had to use it, but needed to use it twice. Seemed I had to wait before it worked again.
There is a 1 minute cooldown, but you should still be using it every time you pick up a relic.
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

Bargeld
PKer

Post by Bargeld »

Ohhh, I think I remember now! :lol:
Death Dealers ::DD::
Laufer - Gemetzel - Force - Little Fist - Egil - Torture - Hatshepsu - Nemesis - Hierophant - Supernaut - Flesh Hound - Insurrection - Antithesis - Dead of Winter - Volcanus 2000

Rufio
PKer

Post by Rufio »

I'm missing something...

Though if you do makesafe with a relic you get completely debuffed. :D
Sebastian (TSS) Doc - Rufio of (TSS) - Dagr (TSS)
Raijin {FoN} - Arcadia {FoN} - Geb {FoN}

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Anyway, I think we've all seen it now. This topic isn't going to go much further, methinks :).
Bargeld wrote:Overall, I think most would agree that a pure rogue is probably the worst build on the server.

mining
Absentee Ballot Dev

Post by mining »

Since I've gotten a few PMs on the subject and there seems to be some confusion:

Here's the lifetime of makesafe:
  • I put in makesafe, adding about a billion exceptional areas to stop the obvious abuse cases.
  • I find more, add those in. Find people using it to shortcut relics and stuff.
  • Hrmm. This is an issue. Don't want to remove feature because you know, its handy for a lot of places. This is why we can't have nice things.
  • Ok, /makesafe will now make you drop your relic. Easy fix, no issues, means they can't drag relics. No exploiting, because people can drop the damn things by relogging anyway.
  • (1ish year later) [name] decides they're going to use makesafe to drop relics over and over!
  • This isn't going to fly.
  • If you use makesafe with a relic, you die.
  • The end.
Its pretty simple. One more person abuses makesafe consistently? Feature comes out, and whoever causes that to happen? Yeah, you're one of the reasons we can't have nice things.

Edit: Also, if I see or hear of anyone using makesafe in a way that isn't to actually get yourself out of an obstacle or whatever - you eat a ban to the face.

This is not up for discussion in any way, shape or form.

Return to “General NS4 Discussion”